• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Hammer Sandwich said:
I've been transcibing the ONLY account that my Grandfather ever gave about his experience in WWII.
Not real pretty...but It's nice to know he told someone about the warts before he passed.
Dad would only tell the funny things.  He pushed a copy of Farley Mowat's "And No Birds Sang" at me, said that was what it was like and to stop asking.  He passed without really opening up, but I was 22 then and did not have the understanding and grasp that I have now at 50.  Funny how life works.

First of all....nice ride Jim.  Very classy.  :salute:

Secondly, I have a daughter who has recently moved back in with us after 14.5 years with her mom.  I don't have anyone directly in my line who served (several friends, some of dad's cousins were in Korea, but no one directly).  She, however, had a great-grandfather who served in the Mechant Navy.  She grew up not really knowing anything about him.  Not sure why, don't really care.

We fixed that this week with an online article I found.  It's a good read:

http://www.thepacket.ca/News/2008-11-06/article-1432242/Wartime-disaster-on-native-soil/1

OK for you "manly" types - get a load of this soldier , note the II VP toque.

More car work (and I'm still a girl) :
Replaced exhaust, replaced gas filter, replaced air filter, oil change (and change oil filter obviously), changed my license plate holder, replaced my rotors and brake pads and cleaned up my brake drums, put air in my tires and polished my headlights  ;D

AND I had a conversation with my dad about muscle cars  ::)

Unplugged another toilet with 'Daddy's magic wand' and killed another spider that was scaring everyone except me and the cats. Seriously, without us, women and children would be overcome by freely flowing feces and swarms of marauding arachnids.

daftandbarmy said:
Unplugged another toilet with 'Daddy's magic wand' and killed another spider that was scaring everyone except me and the cats. Seriously, without us, women and children would be overcome by freely flowing feces and swarms of marauding arachnids.
No, they wouldn't, because they'd have me! *Woman power flashes*

This is all I read:

RemembranceDay said:
*Woman flashes*

Glenn_Quagmire.png

RemembranceDay said:
*Woman power flashes*
Is that some sort of up-scale hot-flash?    :whistle:

Note: I'm not particularly interested either way, because this is the Manly Thread;)

BernDawg said:
It doesn't count if it's going the other way ;-)  ;D

:rofl:

Well, he would have been in a world of hurt if he had been.    :nod:

daftandbarmy said:
I am a devoted Clint Eastwood fan, unlike some of those MetroHomosexual Gen Xers!
This is what a man looks like:
LL%20Cool%20J-30.jpg

Or this:

Manly-Man.jpg

Or even this:

298735_f520.jpg

Certainly not like this:

edward-cullen-twilight.gif

Technoviking said:

Hello Ladies Look at your man, now look at me, look at your man, now back at me. Sadly your man is not me, but if he wore old spice, He could smell like me...
perhaps the best advert ever conceived.

The manliest thing I have done today so far was wear old spice!

Tuna said:
The manliest thing I have done today so far was wear old spice!
And, true story, I shower with Old Spice man-wash (or whatever it's called)  :bowing:

I do as well.  But, I prefer the Grover version of the Old Spice ad.    ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkd5dJIVjgM&feature=related

Back