• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Medical examination

kingsumc

Inactive
Reaction score
  Does anyone know how to calculate the eyes prescription formula? because the doctor who was conducting my medical and fitness examination said I have a poor vision, but not that poor (ok, the biggest number on my prescription was -3.5, Ottowa decides will they take me ot not) and she said if I see the number -7 on the eyes prescription, which means really poor vision (very blurry without glasses), then most likey you won't make it. So, I am so nervous and frustrated can anyone help me please !

Between, I was watching CP24 yesterday; they say this year's Canadian force application went up 40%, So how many people applied last year? I want to know...

I am not expert, but was also told today by the PO that any number lower than -7 or higher than +7, is a v5 score, which is a medical disqualification.

But the catch here, is that to obtain your actual vision score, you've got to add half of your astigmitism (if any).

So for example, if one eye has -6.5 your are still safe (depending, I guess, on what you are applying to get into). But if your cylinder power is -2, then half of that is -1. Add that to your -6.5 and you get -7.5! Which is a v5, which means you are out.

Here is a link to information on Enrollment medicals.  Within this link are further links on the different aspects.  There is one within it that breaks down the vision information.

I'm a -3.5 and i got in. Like Mich said, read the recruiting forum it's got some good info.

Back