• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Michael Moore Super Thread- Merged

Michael Moore

• Total voters
I wonder how Michael Morre actually makes a living...I attempted to watch Roger and Me and Bowling for Columbine at different times and fell asleep during both of them. He is one of the most boring and worse directors out there. If people did not bother with him he would deservedly fade away into nothingness.

Reading through this thread proved a few things to me. 1) Don‘t believe everything you read on the Internet: I read the good Major‘s rant, and started to believe some of it, then went to the site of Mr Moores rebuttal. In essence, I tend to believe Mr Moore more than his attackers. Why? Reason and logic outweigh passion and hatred. 2) People sure get upset over the simplest things. If you hate something, don‘t watch it, or read it,or listen to it. That‘s the way I feel about dance music. Why waste time hating something that you can‘t control? I just don‘t listen to it, and I‘m as happy about a clam about it. Sure Mr Moore has an agenda, just the same as the NRA, GM, Lockheed, Charlton Heston, George W Bush all do. His is different than theirs, and he presents his the way he wants to. The more upset these people get, and resort to attacking him with lies and insults shows that he is closer to the truth than they want people to know.

Calling somebuddy a fat F&*#! in a public forum is hardly the most professional thing to do, but I don‘t have the benefit of a commision to back me up on that, only common sense and courtesy. BTW, it‘s the Royal Alexandra Hospital (both my daughters were born there).

Al

Well said Allan Luomala. Reminds me of the time I had to get a cast for my fractured ankle. I told the doctor that it hurt when I tried to move my toes. He said "well don‘t do that!"

:D

I can quite honestly say that I have no clue what you people are so fired up about. I have never heard of Michael Moore until tonight... Quite the interesting read. I believe that I will stay neutral (like the Swiss) and go back to enjoying life in paradise (aka BC).

I love my country of birth, so much so that I joined it‘s military, so I could help protect it. I suspect that he also loves his country, seeing as how he still lives there (I assume). Maybe, just maybe, he is pointing out what he thinks is wrong with it, in the hopes that it might improve. You know, a place where people are free to say what they want, without being called a fat f%$$ in public forums, having their loyalty questioned. Just because you question the direction your country is going in doesn‘t mean that you are a traitor.

Rick Mercer does some of the same things that Michael Moore does, in a humorous way, and nobody questions his patriotism. Quite the opposite. One thing that grates on me about him is the way he constantly infers that all Americans are stupid, with his little series of "interviews" with Americans about Canada. Yes, many Americans have no clue about us, but in the same way some Canadians have no clue about Germany, for example.

Question your government, love your country.

Allan

Moore is a fame seeker nothing more.

Once you pick through the bullshit you can begin to see it.

arrgh it would seem a lenghty post I had about him and about the bank stuff has disappeared. I found some links that chewed up MM‘s rebuttal site also, will try to find the stuff again.

I was a fan of Michael Moore when he filmed Roger and Me. Publication of Dude - Where‘s My country? confirms that he was a one hit wonder and should not now or ever in the future be allowed near a microphone or camera. He‘s outlived his 15 minutes of fame.

Originally posted by S_Baker:
[qb] Well Allan, as I said before you can have your opinion and I can have mine.

As far as MM, if he thinks America is so bad (I wonder where I could have gotten that idea) then it seems to me he should get his fat *** and all his double chins on the next plane to where he thinks it is better, no wait...he seems to have this thing for Canada, maybe he can claim multi-million dollar refugee status. If not that I am sure there can be some type of quota he could be allowed admitance. ;)

Question the government? I question everything, especially people who have had such a partisan past! [/qb]
For the love of god keep him, cause we sure dont want him.

Notice how he announces that he has more footage on the Berg beheading video, but will deal privately with the family, yea right

Well he must be doing something right.
No ones sued him yet.

But Micky Mouse gave him the best publicity he could ever wish for by refusing to distribute his latest film in the U.S..

Cannes, France /DenounceNewswire/ -- 24 May 2004 -- In a stunning
move, controversial documentary filmmaker Michael Moore announced
today that his latest film, "Fahrenheit 9/11", will be released by
BitTorrent, the popular peer-to-peer file-sharing network.

"This film deserves the widest possible distribution," said Moore,
whose film won the Palme D‘Or award at the Cannes Film Festival this
past weekend. "I had hoped I could achieve that with Miramax and
Disney, but such was not to be the case. I‘m thrilled to announce
that I have an even better solution. BitTorrent!"

BitTorrent, written by programmer Bram Cohen, is a popular software
application for trading movies, music, and television episodes over
the Internet. BitTorrent differs from other peer-to-peer networks in
that the program connects users to many different fragments of a
digital file, only to be seamlessly pieced back together when the
transfer is complete. The result is a much faster download and less
clogging on the Internet.

"I‘m very happy to be working with Michael on the release of this
important documentary," said Cohen. "This is exactly the kind of
thing BitTorrent was created for. I‘m confident we‘re going to be
able to reach more people faster than any conventional Hollywood
distribution scheme. And it‘s going to cost a **** of a lot less than
printing four thousand some odd prints of the film!"

The documentary, which contends that the Bush family has ties going
back more than three decades with the Saudi royal family, leading to
a questions about the Saudi involvement with 9/11, was originally
bought by Miramax and Disney last year. Michael Eisner, head of
Disney, announced recently that the company would not distribute the
film due to is political content.

Cohen and Moore say that the film will be available through
BitTorrent beginning July 3rd worldwide over the Internet. The film
will be free.
So much for those who said he was in this for the money....

well, not necessarily. Alot of negativity has been thrown his way, maybe he‘s realised he‘s pissed a few too many people off. Afterall, what better way to win the public over again then produce them with a FREE video?

i think this is a 1 time thing, doubt the next will be in torrent.

I love it, Moore is breaking more barriers and creating more controversy...Just Great...and the best part is, what he says is so true.

I will definatly be getting this off the net.

some may be right, but his approach is often radical and a simple dive for publicity and attention. Bowling for Columbine was a great movie, but other than that, i dont like him.

I was introduced to Michael Moore‘s work in my communications class (watched his first two films, "Roger and Me", which was on MoviePix earlier tonight, and "The Big One"). Not bad, interesting views. I take it with as much weight as any other documentary, as a basis to start my own research, if I feel the need to.

And BitTorrent, amazing system. It‘s generally how I get my Linux Distributions.

Official Site:
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/

Originally posted by Da_man:
[qb] So much for those who said he was in this for the money.... [/qb]
I don‘t want to destroy your fun but next time you are quoting someone/something not on the board it would be nice to post the SOURCE.

With a quick google search I found that the article is a HOAX

http://www.denounce.com/archives/000055.html

and if your omission was intentional ... better chance next time :)

even though the article was a hoax, how many of us will get it off bittorrent anyway lol?

Hmm, if it is a hoax this confuses the situation even more. This is at the top of the page from the link a couple of posts above.

So, in the interests of clarifying that this article is not and was never intended to be a hoax, I‘m posting this disclaimer right at the top so you will see it. If you still don‘t see it, then go see an eye doctor.

Originally posted by Genesis:
[qb] Hmm, if it is a hoax this confuses the situation even more. This is at the top of the page from the link a couple of posts above.

So, in the interests of clarifying that this article is not and was never intended to be a hoax, I‘m posting this disclaimer right at the top so you will see it. If you still don‘t see it, then go see an eye doctor.
[/qb]
The thread starter is either intentionally or not trying to pass this story as true therefore it becomes a hoax over here. However the site to which I posted the link, is clearly stating that all articles found there are fake

Recognized around the world as the best source for completely fictional news and information.
When you‘re not looking for a reliable, accurate site for industry news, there‘s only one place to go: Denounce.

All fake. All the time.
therefore it is not a hoax over there.

Hope I‘m not too confusing :)

Back