• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Michael Moore Super Thread- Merged

Michael Moore

• Total voters
The thing to remember about Moore is that if he has a point of view he's going to select materials to support that point of view. It's the same with any political documentary which is advancing a certain political point of view on an issue.

As for the US health care industry, I think the WHO rated them at 37th in the world. All in all I would still prefer the health care up here over that in the United States, strangely enough the founder of moorewatch an anti-Michael Moore website was about to be forced to close down his site due to the fact he was nearly bankrupt because he had trouble paying his wifes medical bill's.

Canada's healthcare system isn't perfect, and I think we should see what other nations are doing that can help us improve it, but the last place we should be looking at is the US since that system has proven to be faulty, and we don't really want middle class Canadian's to go bankrupt from medical bills. 

Hey Private Parts welcome to the minority!

FYI - marrying someone and bringing them in as family class means three years (not 10) obligation for social assistance repayments (even if they bunk off 10 minutes after they land at Pearson) but does not include OHIP as far as I know.  Also - while married applicants do undergo medicals, spouses are exempted from the undue cost to Canada rule for preexisting med conditions.

Canada's healthcare system isn't perfect, and I think we should see what other nations are doing that can help us improve it, but the last place we should be looking at is the US since that system has proven to be faulty, and we don't really want middle class Canadian's to go bankrupt from medical bills. 

My wife has been battling cancer for the past 3 years, if we lived in the US, we would have went bankrupt after her first Chemotherapy treatments. Depending how many sessions are required per treatment. We would never have been able to pay the 100,000+ it has cost thus far for her treatments and care.

I say we have a very good system, is it perfect? No but no one is left out, no matter what their social status is. I hear horror stories of average everyday people lives in the US being destroyed because they can't afford to pay huge medical bills. They lose their homes, life savings and sometimes their lives. And the insurance companies, well that's a different story.

I really never payed to much attention to our medical system up here, before she took sick, like most people I took it for granted,  but now everyday I thank my lucky stars, we have such a great system.

As for waiting times, we never had to wait to get her in for treatments, from the time the cancer was diagnosed to the time she had her first treatment was 1 week. Also a plus, here in London Ontario we have one of the best cancer centres in Canada at our disposal with many of the best doctors.

I think that we could all learn something from moores film and that's not to take for granted what we have up here in Canada, because someday some of us may have to use it for more than a sprain or a broken bone and it won't end up destroying our lives.

As for Mr. Moore being a hypocrite. well i believe he says what must be said for the little guy, he has the exposure the money and the knowhow to do just that. If some think that it makes him a hypocrite for hiring an armed bodyguard because other side doesn't like what he's saying and threatens him, so be it. Maybe those who are saying this should take a long hard look in their own backyard, I'm sure they'll find their even bigger hypocrites. I for one like his films, but again that's just me.

I watched Sicko, and it's actually a good movie. It also shows what the healthcare system is like in countries overseas as well, specifically France and Great Britian.

Deciding who lives and who dies
Health care rationing should be based on science, not status

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19748368/

His movies/docos are nothing more than crap conspiricy theories with a simple cult following.

Anyone who actually believes these films needs their head read.

He is a disgrace to his own country, and should be exiled to Baghdad for 5 yrs as far as I am concerned.

It was good to watch him squirm on Larry King Live last week! His behaviour was that of a 'under endowed' ugly naked fat man, being caught coming out of ice cold water without a towel in front of a 1000 hot chicks. Caught outright in his deliberate deception towards the public.

Sensationalism. Shock-jock media facts twisted to support his own theories.

Moore = Loser, ya, with a CAPITOL 'L'.

Ha!

Wes

Ok wesley, we all have grounds to mistrust any Moore documentry. But this subject is not new to the media. It has been covered and will continue to be covered until the people of that country get up and say they had enough.  Though it will be hard to get any major topics in that country covered. Especially when "paris going to jail" or "lindsay goes to rehab" appears to be more important these days.

the media distracts. You'll find all the real news closer to page six, if at all. ;)

I've read an article yesterday about a journalist answering people questions about Angelina jolie
after he  interviewed her. He said he found it interesting that while some question if she was really
interested in the humanitarian stuff, most ask question about her relations with Brat Pitt , and Jennifer Aniston,
instead of all the serious issues she's trying to raise.

It's still bread and circus, folks, that didn't change much in the last two millenias or so...

I just watched Sicko last night and I have to say it was a good movie. His others were ok, a lot of just jumping on the anti-Bush wagon and so on. However if this new movie, given his "selective editing" is even 1% true, then Americans are getting the short end from their insurance companies. I wouldn't call it a bad movie and I wouldn't be so quick to insult Michael Moore. Thank goodness for our health care.  :cdn:

Wesley, what are you really trying to say? ;D

Canada's healthcare system isn't perfect either.  I listened to a piece on CBC radio a few weeks ago about family doctors here in Canada.  In a country of over 30,000,000 people, 5,000,000 don't have family doctors.  That's because there are too many people and not enough doctors.  Doctors are screening potential patients like employees coming in for an job interview.  It's a 'doctor's market' out there.  Sad thing is the doctors are unlikely to take new patients like seniors, or people with multiple health issues, or those with addictions or mental health concerns.

I am from Saskatchewan, so I know all about the strengths and weaknesses of public health. 12.5 yrs in Australia has also taught me alot, with a two tiered public and private hospital/healthcare system. Moore used bits and pieces, different information from the same surveys, chopped and changed, all to suit his purposes, and did not tell the whole truth, just twisted it to make things sound worse than they already are.

I think he is an idiot, and like I said, he has a cult following, some even wearing the good ole tinfoil hats.

Bloody hell, its going on to 0100h here, and I am off to the farter!

Cheers,

Wes

So Wesley are you against universal health care or for it???

I think he is an idiot, and like I said, he has a cult following, some even wearing the good ole tinfoil hats.

Reference global warming thread.

I am from Saskatchewan, so I know all about the strengths and weaknesses of public health. 12.5 yrs in Australia has also taught me alot, with a two tiered public and private hospital/healthcare system. Moore used bits and pieces, different information from the same surveys, chopped and changed, all to suit his purposes, and did not tell the whole truth, just twisted it to make things sound worse than they already are.

America is alot different from Australia.

Sigs Guy said:
So Wesley are you against universal health care or for it???

America is alot different from Australia.

I just don't like the way he does business, and how his 'docos' are formed, based on twisted info and not the full truth, with me the issue is Moore, NOT healthcare, so don't misunderstand me Sig.

I am awware of the US system.

It's a political documentary, so its no surprise that he gives his point of view. It's the same with a documentary from a Conservative perspective.

Sigs Guy,

Is it mere coincidence that you seem to post in all of the hot button topics here? Or are you just trolling? I suggest you read more and post less, seems that's been repeated a few times...

Scott
Army.ca Staff

Wesley  Down Under said:
IMHO he is dishonest, see my point?

I don't like that.

Wes
Well, he is clever in his dishonesty.  For example, when he says "All the facts in my movie are true", he is actually saying nothing, for by definition a fact IS true!  It's like saying "That bachelor is unmarried": it's a tautology. 
Another example in Farenheit 911, some guy from the government says something about a "1-800" number.  Under him flashes the words "He's lying!"  Well, sorta.  It wasn't a "1-800" number, but rather a "1-888" number.  "1-800" of course is meant to mean any toll free number..
Besides, Moore is just a big fat goof.

Captain Sensible said:
Well, he is clever in his dishonesty ... Moore is just a big fat goof.

No he's not; he's a skilled propagandist.  People believe him so he's also a successful propagandist.

While I have admired some of Moore's past work, and i'm not ashamed to admit it, he's flown way over the cuckoos nest with this one ::)

While I have admired some of Moore's past work, and i'm not ashamed to admit it, he's flown way over the cuckoos nest with this one

How so?

Personally my dad just had a stroke, I'm perfectly fine knowing that my family won't have to sell our business to pay them.

Back