• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The most dangerous things in the Army ... (besides Vern ;-) )

Gramps said:
12. Ticket Punchers.
13. What I refer to as "Tourists". These are the people here (KAF) who like to travel around the country and take up space in the aircraft just to snap a photo and to say they were there.

#13, well said!!  a round of applause from my office... :salute: :salute:

OMG.... BYT Driver... is that you? Are you back from across the pond? If so, check your DIN email.  ;D

I just talk to your evil twin a few seconds ago.

Sgt  Schultz said:
OMG.... BYT Driver... is that you? Are you back from across the pond? If so, check your DIN email.  ;D

I just talk to your evil twin a few seconds ago.

I don't know -- D's profile notes still say he's passing gas in the desert.  ;)

Well if you know him and his evil twin brother, you can get a hold of them both any time. Like how I am now.  ;D

rmc_wannabe said:
Infanteers saying "your job is my secondary duty" to a "WOG" :mad:

Nothing...nothing burns my anger than that!!!    >:D
Not so much Infanteers, {cuz they usually like us truckers in the field} but others...well, here's the keys to that {insert specific vehicle here} ...go and OPERATE it!!!

Most can't...point made.
Cheers.

BYT Driver said:
but others...well, here's the keys to that {insert specific vehicle here} ...go and OPERATE it!!!

I can do that... but sometimes I end up running things over in the process. But I can still move it. That's what counts. ;D

Disclaimer * I did not run over the Honda in question with the grader *

ArmyVern said:
I don't know -- D's profile notes still say he's passing gas in the desert.  ;)

...and after last night's supper and numerous {count 2 per day perhaps...umm, first and last} Guinness's...I can attest to the fact that I am in fact passing gas...lol....

Seriously, 9 days left...    :) :) :) :) :)

I find that while eating an IMP, the most important thing is to always read the label. A sudden desire for ketchup with nearly no sleep and finding a small package that looks like it has a picture of a ketchup bottle on the front of it was very convenient. About three seconds after thinking "This doesn't taste like ketchup" I quickly realized that what I thought was a package of ketchup, was really Tabasco sauce.  :eek: (Needless to say I was wide awake the rest of the day)

mmm.... tabsco!

I loved those teeny tiny bottles of tobasco we' get in the American MREs

Dangerous:

- An A/IG lighting the charge bag trail up wind from his jeep.

- A QL3 Franco Sgt igniting a comet/paraflare while resting it against his leg.

- An Arty Recce offr without a flashlight finding the ground a little soft but nice and flat...in the middle of a swamp.

- A short, slightly overweight, chain-smoking RSM with insomnia and a chortle-laugh, who can outrun the entire unit.  A dying breed...hm...maybe not.

Gunner98 said:
Dangerous:
- A short, slightly overweight, chain-smoking RSM with insomnia and a chortle-laugh, who can outrun the entire unit.  A dying breed...hm...maybe not.
Overweight?
Naw, say it aint so!  Just some reserves he's built up - so he can keep going like the everready bunny!

Dying breed?
Naw... though many would probably wish that he'd just roll over and die :)

Someone mentioned single CO's and single leadership.  That's not that scary.  At least at night they are trying to get some.  Try a CO, DCO, Ops O, CWO and your Maj, all on IR and living in shacks. They are not busy at night chasing the ladies.  They work.  All the time. BTDT and it was not fun.

geo said:
I loved those teeny tiny bottles of tobasco we' get in the American MREs

Here's dangerous... they're packing a packet of tobasco sauce into all OUR new rations now...

yeah....same thing  but it's not like those little bottles :)

....7.62mm lnk can, add one full canteen cup naptha, add sand to half full, insert one sparked-up T-flash, close and latch lid...flee.

Over the years, we have used the standard ammo can / steel garbage can / old style GI Helmet paired with either a T-Flash or an Arty simm - to demonstrate the real lethality of the pyrotechnics.  It never failed to impress....

But Naptha as well?.... why on earth would I do such a silly thing?

...the comedy, the smoke/flash, the fragments, the flaming blobs of naptha soaked sand...need I continue?

Over my 35+ years of service I have had my share of commedy moves (this thread contains some of them) but I have endeavoured to make them as safe as possible.  A lit thunderflash deposited in a tin with naptha ... that I have to clamp down and secure & wal;k away from....

That's just looking for someone to get hurt.....  no Comedy there....

geo said:
Over my 35+ years of service I have had my share of commedy moves (this thread contains some of them) but I have endeavoured to make them as safe as possible.  A lit thunderflash deposited in a tin with naptha ... that I have to clamp down and secure & wal;k away from....

That's just looking for someone to get hurt.....   no Comedy there....

Agreed.  I'm also not convinced that it would be possible to do.  The T-Flash has a physical wick burning as soon as it is "sparked" to try to place it inside an ammo can, that is, for all intents and purposes filled with Naptha would most likely result in a very serious visit to a Hospital.

Back