• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Next Canadian Government

Does this include novel government mandated vaccines?
It certainly does. You, as a sovereign individual, living in a free and democratic society, have an absolute right to refuse any vaccine ... of course your employer or an airline or a merchant has a right to refuse to allow you to continue at your job or take a flight or even enter their shop if they are convinced that the vaccine is necessary for the health and welfare of their other other employees or patrons. 🤷‍♂️

It wouldn't be living free when those folks are no longer tolerated to be a part of civil society. It would be discrimination.

It wouldn't be living free when those folks are no longer tolerated to be a part of civil society. It would be discrimination.
Isn’t great though to have those choices? Choices have consequences. Civil society requires the following of rules. Can’t have it both ways but the choice is always there to do one or the other.

Isn’t great though to have those choices? Choices have consequences. Civil society requires the following of rules. Can’t have it both ways but the choice is always there to do one or the other.

Your statement is useless without a dissection of what is right and wrong. A rule can be very wrong. But I'll bow out of this discussion as it derails this thread.

What's the connection supposed to be between social meddling and public welfare?
It's not so much a connection as a dividing line, and where that line falls varies with each individual. With a representative form of governance, we delegate the locating of that line to those whom we elect.

This. Nobody said we have to get a vaccine (for Covid, or measles, or polio or any number of infectious diseases), just we can't do public stuff without. Don't want your kid to get 'the shots', you are free to home school.

Your statement is useless without a dissection of what is right and wrong. A rule can be very wrong. But I'll bow out of this discussion as it derails this thread.
But in a civil society, we don't get to individually or temporally decide that. Your right might be my wrong; who gets to arbitrate that, particularly when your right collides with my wrong? Do we go back to duels? That's why we have governments and courts.

Back