• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Likely continuing to move ahead very, very, very slowly. Favorite Liberal tactic is to never cancel things, just quietly defund then.

Edward Campbell

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
I suspect Prof Elinor Sloan has nailed it. Near the very end of the article, she is quoted as saying that "My guess is they are having to walk back that clear policy statement [2015, a Liberal Gov't will NOT buy the F-35] ... [and] ... I can only read into this that [F-35 Joint Strike Fighter] will be chosen. They need to find a way, a political way, to justify this about-face."

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Agreed Mr. Campbell, Prof. Sloan is bang on. Certainly no doubt that Boeing’s actions precipitated the chain of events that led to Bombardier’s C-Series being taken over by Airbus, arguably (perhaps) keeping Canada and Quebec from recovering any value from their C-Series related investments. Most likely post-election, g will announce its moving ahead with the F-35 acquisition.

G2G