• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The RCAF's Next Generation Fighter (CF-188 Replacement)

Interesting I always considered Hangars for fighters as being something like this.
IMG_1555.jpeg

Over the last 100 years, how many airfield in Canadian soil were attacked?
Certainly not before 120 years ago…

Not sure the “it hasn’t happened previously logic, so it won’t in the future…” logic is sound.

Over the last 100 years, how many airfield in Canadian soil were attacked?

Our southern neighbours don’t put their aircraft in HAS either…
How many times was Pearl Harbor attacked before 07 Dec 1941?

By your logic, 07 Dec 1941 was impossible- no point in planning for it, right?

Tell me- with precision, how many aircraft you have personally shot down while standing Q?

If your answer is “0”, then what was the point of all those years of standing Q? An attack did not happen in the past, therefore it is impossible in the future, right?

IMHO, as a minimum, the QRA facilities should be HAS.

Last edited:
With the advent of drones, and the current lack of effective means within some military organizations to stop UAS beyond geo-fencing, I'd suggest that the 'it won't happen here' is a bit optimistic.

With the advent of drones, and the current lack of effective means within some military organizations to stop UAS beyond geo-fencing, I'd suggest that the 'it won't happen here' is a bit optimistic.
Exactly. I don’t want to see our multi-billion dollar fleet of CF-35s defeated by a multi-thousand dollar attack of UAS, that could be mitigated by want of some concrete and steel structures…

Back