• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Royal Navy reintroduced black hats for submariners 6 months ago. This is the first time black hat covers have been worn for over 50 years.

There was a CPO1 in Esquimalt when I was there that liked to make life miserable for Army folks - I frequently told him to his face he didn't know what he was talking about AND was apparently illiterate. Rarely went over well as I was a mere WO...hey, maybe that's why I was always Base Duty WO/POOD on Halloween night/weekend.

I was referencing recent dress committee points where the Army was having a tantrum about the RCAF rolling up sleeves and the RCN wearing ball caps in NCDs.

By the looks of it it's only the Army who gets in tizzy about what the other services do with uniforms.
As long as there are a multiple types of badges on Navy caps and berets the Army is happy that their borg like assimilation process is continuing.

Oh, and before anyone gets their underwear in a knot, there is zero, nada chat at CNavy about introducing Black Covers to the Cap!

Thank you Dimsum for setting the cat amongst the pigeons!

As long as there are a multiple types of badges on Navy caps and berets the Army is happy that their borg like assimilation process is continuing.

Ya. The Log Br constantly needs to be reminded it is not an Army organization.

Part of me wishes I belonged to the RCN and then I remember how they manage their trades and get shivers and change my mind.

Part of me wishes I belonged to the RCN and then I remember how they manage their trades and get shivers and change my mind.
From my experience here, I don't think any environment nor trade within each environment are rock stars in career mgt.

But now that I think of it, the SOB who amalgamated the Engineering trades and is now taking aim at the Cbt trades should be taken out and shot with a ball of his own poo!

From my experience here, I don't think any environment nor trade within each environment are rock stars in career mgt.

But now that I think of it, the SOB who amalgamated the Engineering trades and is now taking aim at the Cbt trades should be taken out and shot with a ball of his own poo!

There are degrees of trade or br miss management, the RCN seems to think it's a race to try and win.

Don't get me wrong, my heart and soul belong to the RCN, that doesn't mean I cant identify what faults I interpret.

Well, the poo cannon is broken, and the unified Engineering trades don't know how to fix it, and even if they did, the unified Cbt trades don't know how to aim or fire it.

Oh, and before anyone gets their underwear in a knot, there is zero, nada chat at CNavy about introducing Black Covers to the Cap!

Thank you Dimsum for setting the cat amongst the pigeons!
Season 5 Episode 6 GIF by Living Single

In these gloomy days (that are even worse than many late winters in recorded history) this thread is wonderful!

When I was much younger and naive I thought how wonderful it would be if the Log Br would split up and come under the respective environments (Services) again. Many, many years later and in talking with my fellow Loggies from all environments, we agree, the Br ain't perfect but it works.

Getting more off topic, here is a humorous take at how Loggies and Medics are sometimes treated during the Comd's brief. It is a link to a twitter account. This is from a British site Ex OWL (yes like the OWL from CACSC - Foxhole U). They adapted a briefing given by the President of Belrarus to reflect a distorted reality.
Note: The sub-titles, are of course, not the actual translation of what the briefer is really saying. This is only for a laugh and not to be taken seriously.

That is every backbrief ever when the Log staff try to complain that the plan ignores time / space / the laws of physics and is completely unsupportable.

When I was much younger and naive I thought how wonderful it would be if the Log Br would split up and come under the respective environments (Services) again. Many, many years later and in talking with my fellow Loggies from all environments, we agree, the Br ain't perfect but it works.

Getting more off topic, here is a humorous take at how Loggies and Medics are sometimes treated during the Comd's brief. It is a link to a twitter account. This is from a British site Ex OWL (yes like the OWL from CACSC - Foxhole U). They adapted a briefing given by the President of Belrarus to reflect a distorted reality.
Note: The sub-titles, are of course, not the actual translation of what the briefer is really saying. This is only for a laugh and not to be taken seriously.

Were deciding off topic a bit. I have my feet in both camps. I think unified systems and training establishments are good and should be kept.

But I think for employment we should be employed according to our uniforms. With joint/purple positions being filled as required.

I was referencing recent dress committee points where the Army was having a tantrum about the RCAF rolling up sleeves and the RCN wearing ball caps in NCDs.
FFS, when I was in back when the dinosaurs roamed, the Army rolled its sleeves and the f’in world didn’t end. WTF happened?

Mind you, we had to roll our sleeves in March and October, didn’t matter that it was -20C outside…

Why Submariners would want to emulate the Zipper Heads in their choice of head dress colour is beyond me.

Unless there's some kind of backroom scheming going on between the two of them ;)

tank GIF

FFS, when I was in back when the dinosaurs roamed, the Army rolled its sleeves and the f’in world didn’t end. WTF happened?
The combat shirts can be easily rolled.

I'm not kidding - the newer combats have pen pockets and a generally bulkier lower sleeve. I think that's why the US Army (which is what the new uniform cut is based on) also doesn't roll their sleeves.

Why Submariners would want to emulate the Zipper Heads in their choice of head dress colour is beyond me.
I'm thinking someone in the RN pulled the "WWII History and Heritage" card :sneaky:

1646498998145.png

By the way, it's the Royal Canadian Logistics Service (RCLS), not the Logistics Branch.

Because you can't spell ReCkLeSs without RCLS...
The Log Br went RCLS just when I was on the way out. I still think in terms of the Br and not RCLS.

Cheers

Unless there's some kind of backroom scheming going on between the two of them ;)

tank GIF
Well perhaps we can have a discussion about boiler suits/ tanker suits.
It 's probably been a while since one of those took place.

Back