• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The stuff the army issues is useless" and "no non-issue kit over seas!"

I wonder if the clothing/dress folks appreciate the amount of glee (for the wrong reasons) that is spreading over these Yukon hats. I know a lot of troops who can't wait to get the damned thing on their heads just for shits and giggles. Only the British have a term for the reaction I'm seeing when troops discover this is about to exist- "gobsmacked".

I'm also gonna be the first to go on the record and predict a dramatic increase in Marko Ramius impersonations. I may or may not fully intend to take part in skewing this statistic.

On the Logistic Unicorps site it says that the Yukon Hat was only authorized with No. 1, 2, 3 Orders of dress, not Operational as the article would suggest.

The potential for Highlanders to make everyone around feel awkward has only improved. :D We now have the Sovietsky hat added to the already potent combination of CF greatcoat worn over (and covering) a kilt.

The British and the Norwegians used to issue a hat like that, but synthetic, for arctic warfare. It did the job but, as I recall, was pretty cold when the temperature plunged below minus 30. We never allowed the troops to put hoods up, for obvious reasons, so I'm thinking that a fur hat would be a great idea.

And on those long cold winter nights it would remind you of your favourite date... ;D

Brihard said:
The potential for Highlanders to make everyone around feel awkward has only improved. :D We now have the Sovietsky hat added to the already potent combination of CF greatcoat worn over (and covering) a kilt.

Da Comrade Brihard! Ees gude day for Soviet man no? ;)

Brihard said:

Something that Highlanders take great pride in.

Scott said:
Something that Highlanders take great pride in.
That, and sometime wearing the hair sporran UNDER the kilt to make a different impression  :p

Sorry - couldn't help myself.

Jim Seggie said:
Da Comrade Brihard! Ees gude day for Soviet man no? ;)

'Een US of A one can always find party. Een Soviet Russia, Party can always find YOU!' :D

I ordered one, but Hell will have frozen over by the time I get it. I do regret not getting one when I worked up at CFNA though.

0tto Destruct said:
'Een US of A one can always find party. Een Soviet Russia, Party can always find YOU!' :D

I ordered one, but Hell will have frozen over by the time I get it. I do regret not getting one when I worked up at CFNA though.

I am taking treep to US and A to find funny American fur hat! Soviet hat not gud for new Soviet man!!

I bet this went well overseas.

M1 tactical shortsword.

tumblr_mk1dwupRQK1r9khx4o1_500.jpg

I see your tactical short sword (looks positively Hoplite-like) and raise you a Tomahawk:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=371246

MY NAME IS SFC KENNETH X. XXXXX, I AM IN X Co (HEAVY WEAPONS) X/XXX PIR 82 ND ABN DIV. I RECEIVED A TACTICAL TOMAHAWK AS A GOING AWAY GIFT FROM 5th RTB IN JANUARY 0F 2002.

SINCE THEN IT HAS BEEN WITH ME THROUGH FTX’S JUMPS AND A DEPLOYMENT TO AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ. I HAVE USE IT TO PRY LOCKS, CHOP DOWN DOORS, BUST WINDOWS, CUT FIRE WOOD, DIG, AND AS SUBSTITUTE FOR MY ASP BATON.

ON 18 OCTOBER OF THIS YEAR IN AFGHANISTAN, I USED IT TO SAVE A FELLOW TROOPERS LIFE. WE WERE CLEARING AN OBJECTIVE WHEN MY #2 ENTERED A CLOSET UNDER A STAIRWELL AND CAME FACE TO FACE WITH TWO ARMED ENEMY. DUE TO THE TIGHTNESS OF THE SPACE, HE WAS UNABLE TO USE HIS M-4, SO HE ENGAGED THEM HAND TO HAND. MY #3 WAS ABLE TO KILL ONE MAN, BUT I COULD NOT GET A SHOT AT THE SECOND, SO I HIT HIM WITH THE HATCHET EDGE OF THE TOMAHAWK JUST ABOVE THE OCCIPITAL BONE. THE TOMAHAWK PENETRATED ALL THE WAY TO HANDLE, INSTANTLY DROPPING THE ENEMY. NO KNIFE SHORT OF A MACHETE WOULD HAVE MADE SUCH SHORT WORK OF A MAN. THANK YOU FOR MAKING SUCH A GREAT BIT OF KIT, AND SUPPORTING THE TROOPS. RLTW.

Back