• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The stuff the army issues is useless" and "no non-issue kit over seas!"

Sheep Dog AT said:
But doesn't the leadership frown on that when your not the same as everyone else?

My unit's direction is to use issued kit only and if it's shitty and it sucks then keep submitting those complaint forms and hope someone does something about it.

Gotcha. So like most units. I thought u were saying you used a non-issue ruck and wanted to know how you pulled it off. 

ObedientiaZelum said:
My unit's direction is to use issued kit only and if it's shitty and it sucks then keep submitting those complaint forms and hope someone does something about it.

I was in a company like that - "thou shalt use issue kit only" despite Niner telling us the 64 pattern ruck was good to go.

I got seven "corrective training" sessions because I wore non issue boots in the field.

Jim Seggie said:
I was in a company like that - "thou shalt use issue kit only" despite Niner telling us the 64 pattern ruck was good to go.

I got seven "corrective training" sessions because I wore non issue boots in the field.

It was a "good" time to be in A Coy, having coloured bungee cords was almost a hanging offence and we have the privilege of having stand by your trench inspections in the morning.  Because after all everyone knows that having sand on your air mattress is a sign of a lousy soldier. ::)

dangerboy said:
It was a "good" time to be in A Coy, having coloured bungee cords was almost a hanging offence and we have the privilege of having stand by your trench inspections in the morning.  Because after all everyone knows that having sand on your air mattress is a sign of a lousy soldier. ::)

And abandoned by the company to run a Machine Gun course. We sure had fun shooting that stove.
Full of .50 and 7.62 holes, plus "lone pine" was pretty much done in.

dangerboy said:

I remember us guys in mortars laughing at A Coy on that ex!  8)

dangerboy said:

Let me guess.... the OC went on to do very well career-wise

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/the-generals-tom-ricks_n_1979201.html

Jim Seggie said:

I fear we are going back to that...after years of non issue boots sliding, I am starting to see the return of the "Boot Police" in some places.

To any CSM/RSMs out there - what would you prefer on your soldiers: Polished and well kept black boots (non issue) or the new ugly brown boots that are starting to come out?

Spectrum said:
To any CSM/RSMs out there - what would you prefer on your soldiers: Polished and well kept black boots (non issue) or the new ugly brown boots that are starting to come out?

I'm not a CSM/RSM but IMO,  that is a moot point.  At some point you will no longer be allowed to wear black boots as the Army decided it will wear brown boots. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a message with a end date for the wear of black boots comes out in the future - once the brown boots are in large stocks everywhere and being issued out.

Spectrum said:
I fear we are going back to that...after years of non issue boots sliding, I am starting to see the return of the "Boot Police" in some places.

Not a CSM/RSM, but I'd expect to have my parade boots highly polished. Combat boots? Not so much....

daftandbarmy said:
Not a CSM/RSM, but I'd expect to have my parade boots highly polished. Combat boots? Not so much....

Wasn't polished combat boot/pressed combat uniform an artillery thing?

Bzzliteyr said:
Wasn't polished combat boot/pressed combat uniform an artillery thing?

But do your socks match?  For the love of god, who's doing sock inspections?

Spectrum said:

Once the brown boot is issued to everyone, my troops will conform to the dress regulations. They will wear the issue brown boot and not whatever they feel like, unless they have a valid medical reason or higher blesses the wearing of non issue brown boots.

Yes I am one of the boot cops.

The day I'm told I have to wear issue boots (regardless of colour) is probably the first time I will get in any real sh1t in the army.

DirtyDog said:
The day I'm told I have to wear issue boots (regardless of colour) is probably the first time I will get in any real sh1t in the army.

Even if they are of better quality and more comfortable than your current boots?

If troops don't want to polish their combat boots in garrison then they can save their combats for the field and wear Deus with parade boots in garrison  ;D

Haggis said:
Even if they are of better quality and more comfortable than your current boots?

That'll be the day. I love my SWATs but I'd wear issue boots if they weren't trash every iteration.

Back