• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Ten Commandments of RMS Clerks

Fusilier said:
Obviously there are pers here who have issues with their admin , everyone is hot under the collar on this topic .  I suggest that this topic be closed as its getting nowhere other than an opportunity for many to trash a particular trade of the CF.

99% of the pers posting here are NOT trashing RMS clerks ... rather they are trashing the originating author of the Commandments posted in the original post and similar attitudes they have experienced throughout their careers. Quite the attitude on that lady or gent isn't it? It's not about your trade --- it's all about the bad attitudes. There's threads on here about Sup Techs with bad attitudes, Afghan Vets with bad attitudes, sailors with bad attitudes etc etc. Your trade is, believe it or not, not immune.

If that attitude is evident at the counter, or any sign of a list of those Commandments visibly seen by anyone waiting for service at that (or any OR) counter, I'm willing to wager a guess that their CC would be hearing about it. It's not funny; it's 200% unprofessional.

George Wallace said:
Are you doing that while on the Queen's Schilling or are you doing that after duty?

I'll have to figure some way of doing civy type work while in uniform, somehow I believe the clients may grow suspicious, not to mention my COC wondering where I may be.

LineJumper said:
I'll have to figure some way of doing civy type work while in uniform, somehow I believe the clients may grow suspicious, not to mention my COC wondering where I may be.

;D

On a serious note, however, I have seen a few who are doing more of their own "personal professional/civilian" business during duty than performing their CF duties.  These are the slackers that lead to soooooo many frustrations.......Time for a beer.

George Wallace said:
Are you doing that while on the Queen's Schilling or are you doing that after duty?

By that logic, we're on the Queen's Schilling 24 hours a day, unless you're a Cl A reservist.

Quite a few people are logged onto this site and posting during "working hous" too; are they defrauding the gov't?

But let's stay on topic -- mocking the self-important clerk that originated this thread!  ;D

Journeyman said:
Quite a few people are logged onto this site and posting during "working hous" too; are they defrauding the gov't?

Pfffft; I've been on leave all week (100% true story)!!  :)

Hey, we're surprised when you post during daylight hours; we just assume that you're in your crypt  ;D

Journeyman said:
Hey, we're surprised when you post during daylight hours; we just assume that you're in your crypt  ;D

9erD says he owes you a beer next time he's around. Beotch.

Journeyman said:

This would be an interesting access to information request. How many individual connections in X month has the DND/CF DWAN server has with army.ca (and navy.ca, etc) and what was the average connection time of each connection.

Hmmm... it might be funny (or sad).

MC

MedCorps said:
This would be an interesting access to information request. How many individual connections in X month has the DND/CF DWAN server has with army.ca (and navy.ca, etc) and what was the average connection time of each connection.

Hmmm... it might be funny (or sad).

MC

Sadly, this thought is easily defeated with personally owned 'smart devices'. I would also be curious how many log in via DWAN, more curious would be the breakdown of trades, but I digress, this is the clerk tapping thread.

Journeyman said:
:rofl:

That is awesome!

Back