• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The US Presidency 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
671
Points
1,260
Point taken. They say the old timers knew how to make the trains run on time.  :)
 

kkwd

Sr. Member
Reaction score
43
Points
460
Seems WaPo spent time and effort analyzing the recent Swole Trump tweet. But I did learn 2 new terms from the piece, MAGA Internet and gender scholars. Who knew they were real things?

That a professor would take time to inform WaPo that Trump is not really ripped is funny.

Trump, in reality, is not ripped, as far as we know, but “there are large online communities where people are constantly sharing their art/edits of Trump in this manner,” Meredith Conroy, an associate professor of political science at California State University at San Bernardino, wrote in an email to The Washington Post. Conroy, who has studied depictions of masculinity in American presidents, added that “depictions of masculinity in presidents reflect insecurities and values of the time.”


You think they would stick to real news in order to reduce their carbon footprint.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/26/sending-one-less-unnecessary-email-day-could-save-16000-tonnes/


https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/11/27/short-journey-into-maga-internets-obsession-with-swole-trump/#comments-wrapper
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
671
Points
1,260
Saw this in US Military,

FJAG said:
, I see no way on God's Green Earth that Trump will ever be found guilty of any charge regardless of how heavy the evidence is.

If the GOP were to throw him under the bus, it could turn into a double header,
Sondland testimony raises questions about Pence's denials on Ukraine
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/mike-pence-ukraine-impeachment-gordon-sondland/index.html

I think most readers know who that would leave on deck.  :)




 

FJAG

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
4,734
Points
1,040
kkwd said:
Seems WaPo spent time and effort analyzing the recent Swole Trump tweet. But I did learn 2 new terms from the piece, MAGA Internet and gender scholars. Who knew they were real things?

That a professor would take time to inform WaPo that Trump is not really ripped is funny.
...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/11/27/short-journey-into-maga-internets-obsession-with-swole-trump/#comments-wrapper

Seems that you missed the point of the article. It's not about Trump NOT being ripped. It's the fact that there is a constituency of the Republican right who churn out artwork that portrays him as ripped and the epitome of American masculinity notwithstanding the fact that he's a fast-food gobbling dumpling.

[:D
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
671
Points
1,260
FJAG said:
It's the fact that there is a constituency of the Republican right who churn out artwork that portrays him as ripped and the epitome of American masculinity notwithstanding the fact that he's a fast-food gobbling dumpling.

Wonder where that idea came from?
https://www.google.com/search?q=putin+shirtless&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ3tq2erBWO0RBk6DoF_F_hJB4_8g:1575134839126&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiLvbzEupLmAhWyo1kKHQ_FDR8Q_AUoAXoECAoQAw&biw=1280&bih=641
 

FJAG

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
4,734
Points
1,040
mariomike said:
Wonder where that idea came from?
https://www.google.com/search?q=putin+shirtless&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ3tq2erBWO0RBk6DoF_F_hJB4_8g:1575134839126&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiLvbzEupLmAhWyo1kKHQ_FDR8Q_AUoAXoECAoQAw&biw=1280&bih=641

:rofl:
 

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
3,685
Points
1,060
FJAG said:
Seems that you missed the point of the article. It's not about Trump NOT being ripped. It's the fact that there is a constituency of the Republican right who churn out artwork that portrays him as ripped and the epitome of American masculinity notwithstanding the fact that he's a fast-food gobbling dumpling.

[:D

I think kids these days call it trolling.
 

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
3,196
Points
1,010
When I was a kid, it was called "getting a rise out of someone".  Only the names change.
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
671
Points
1,260
Saw this in US Military,

QV said:
If Trump's conduct is so wrong, then I expect both the house and the senate to impeach him.

Maybe not,

FJAG said:
, I see no way on God's Green Earth that Trump will ever be found guilty of any charge regardless of how heavy the evidence is.

If GOP senators were to throw him under the bus, it could turn into a double header,

Sondland testimony raises questions about Pence's denials on Ukraine
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/mike-pence-ukraine-impeachment-gordon-sondland/index.html

I think most readers know who that would leave on deck. 

 

MrWhyt

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
60
mariomike said:
If GOP senators were to throw him under the bus, it could turn into a double header,

Sondland testimony raises questions about Pence's denials on Ukraine
https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/mike-pence-ukraine-impeachment-gordon-sondland/index.html

I think most readers know who that would leave on deck.

If on the off chance Trump is convicted by the senate, Pence becomes president. A separate impeachment would have to be held to get rid of Pence. You can be sure that while that is happening Pence will appoint a squeaky clean VP to take over for him in case he gets tossed. There is no way an impeachment leads to a Pelosi presidency.
 

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
3,196
Points
1,010
And the power to change the succession policy beyond the VP lies with Congress, as described here.
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
671
Points
1,260
Whatever the policy of succession, I've got to go with FJAG, "I see no way on God's Green Earth that Trump will ever be found guilty of any charge regardless of how heavy the evidence is."

 

FJAG

Army.ca Fixture
Reaction score
4,734
Points
1,040
Trump rattles bathroom-appliance market with gripes about water regulation

WASHINGTON  — When it comes to toilets, President Trump just wants to let it flow.

Trump said Friday that his administration is looking into relaxing water-saving regulations for toilets, sinks and showers, saying consumers end up using even more water by flushing multiple times and trying to get clean with low water streams.

“People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times as opposed to once. They end up using more water,'' Trump said while talking with business owners about what he said are ‘’common sense'' steps to end overregulation. "The EPA is looking at that very strongly at my suggestion.''

...

Use of low-flush toilets started in the 1990s after President George H.W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act. The 1992 law said new toilets could use no more than 1.6 gallons of water per flush. The law went into effect in 1994 for residential buildings and 1997 for commercial structures.

...

See full article here:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/trump-complains-low-flow-toilets-are-flush-with-problems

"10 times, 15 times ..." makes you wonder, doesn't it?

:facepalm:
 

kkwd

Sr. Member
Reaction score
43
Points
460
FJAG said:
See full article here:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/trump-complains-low-flow-toilets-are-flush-with-problems

"10 times, 15 times ..." makes you wonder, doesn't it?

:facepalm:

Yes, makes me wonder about the toilets in the white house. Odds are they have the weakest toilets available. Unless somebody here can give us their personal experiences with using white house toilets. But fairly, that would be called an exaggeration by Trump. But of course to the NYT it would be called a lie and added to the list.
 

observor 69

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
3
Points
430
We had the same problem as President Trump. Too many flushes to clear the toilet.
The plumbers that service our apartment building recommended :
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/american-standard-reliant-48-lpf-round-front-toilet-in-white/1001054614?eid=PS_GOOGLE_D00%20-%20E-Comm_GGL_Shopping_PLA_EN_NowOnSale_Top%20Sellers_Top%20Sellers__PRODUCT_GROUP_aud-765569715521:pla-515164511167&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1oLOzJSk5gIVC4iGCh3l9AKmEAQYAyABEgJlvPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Now our toilets "always" work on the first flush.
MAGA with an American Standard toilet.  :D
 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
5,199
Points
1,110
kkwd said:
Yes, makes me wonder about the toilets in the white house. Odds are they have the weakest toilets available. Unless somebody here can give us their personal experiences with using white house toilets. But fairly, that would be called an exaggeration by Trump. But of course to the NYT it would be called a lie and added to the list.

Either way he can be fairly accused of talking a load of s**t? :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top