• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Are the Ukrainians repeating the mistakes of Bakhmut and being unwilling to give up territory for political reasons to the point that they are again taking increasingly unfavourable loss rates in the Donbas? According to this BBC article things are starting to look dicey in the Pokrovsk sector:

A definite possibility. There still exists a lot of mid level commanders who understand the soviet 'tactics' better and use them a lot

If we were paying attention, I would say 1999. That was when the FSB bombed apartment buildings in Russia, which Putin blamed on Chechens, which they used as a pretext to retake Chechnya and flatten Grozny. This propelled him into the Presidency, starting his rise as a Tsar in all but name.

I admit at the time I bought the Russian stories about Islamic terrorism, etc. It wasn’t for a few years later when journalists, activists and former FSB agents started getting whacked did I readjust my outlook.
USSR 2.0 and the recent Crocus city hall attack. Some things never change.

Back