• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

some recent Osint analysis of AFV of the Russians

Maybe we can trade some LAV's for SPWH?

some recent Osint analysis of AFV of the Russians

Maybe we can trade some LAV's for SPWH?

Meanwhile Canada struggles to produce any military hardware......

I wondered too, but maybe French 52 calibre

The article says that they are building their own barrels. I was just wondering if it was modelled off something else.

The article says that they are building their own barrels. I was just wondering if it was modelled off something else.
Yup

Found this in an article

The Bohdana's important characteristics are its high mobility, accuracy, range, and high rate of fire. The highlight of this self-propelled artillery system is its 155 mm barrel, made of Ukrainian steel on domestic equipment and adapted to fire NATO ammunition. The Ukrainian company even created a special machine for cutting the barrel channels.

🍻

yeah i actually linked to the wrong article lol

Can you tell what model of SPH they are drawing inspiration from?
I think that there are several like the 2S22.

While it looks a bit like the Caesar, it lacks all of the loading automation that the Caesar brings. I generally don't give the French much credit for anything but the loading system on Caesar is quite neat. Not to mention that it's a far more stable platform with its hydraulic spades. Last but by no means least, Caesar has a digital gun management system for self locating and aiming.

It's hard to tell from the videos that I've seen as to how integrated the 2S22 is with digital management. I've seen a lot of videos of it moving or firing but to get a better sense of that you'd have to see it brought into action. Generally, the Ukrainians are pretty good with digital tech so - maybe?

🍻

I think so. Down almost a quarter of the original fleet if that's the case. Oh Lordy.
Well GDLS is still making them and the CAF is still accepting them so likely delivery is maybe stretched out a bit?

Project updates​

February 2024
The second ACSV variant, the Troop/Cargo Variant, began testing at Garrison Petawawa. All 41 variants are expected to be delivered to the Canadian Army by late summer 2024.

As of February 2024, a total of 118 vehicles have been factory accepted by Canada. These vehicles are progressively being delivered to the CAF.

Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Durability testing that evaluated the Remote Weapon Station has also been successfully completed.

October 2023
Canada officially accepted delivery of the first ACSV variant, the Ambulance variant, at Garrison Petawawa. Delivery of the Ambulance variant is ongoing.

February 2023
Total of 86 Type 2 variants have been produced by GDLS-C to date.

• Type 2 (High Roof) [45]
    • 41 TCV (Troop/Cargo Vehicle)
    • 49 AAV (Armoured Ambulance Vehicle)
    • 97 CPV (Command Post Vehicle)
    • 18 EWV (Electronic Warfare Vehicle)
    • 18 EV (Engineer Vehicle)
  • Type 3 (Low Roof)[45]
    • 13 FCV (Fitter/Cargo Vehicle)
    • 54 MRV (Maintenance and Recovery Vehicle)
    • 70 MRT (Mobile Repair Team

did the 39 come out of the CAF or just get diverted?

From what I'm aware of our cars were diverted to Ukraine. I don't think the Ukrainian order was on top of ours.

From what I'm aware of our cars were diverted to Ukraine. I don't think the Ukrainian order was on top of ours.
diverted but replaced with later production

1st variant ambulance = 49
2nd variant TCV = 41

total is 90
118 delivered to CAF with TCV deliveries to be completed by summer 2024

49 + 39 = 88

118 - 88 = 30

So Im guessing that of the 118 delivered to CAF 39 were diverted to Ukraine. Were they all Ambulances or some TCV?
and that all 49 Ambulances have been delivered to CAF and 30 TCV of 41 have been delivered to the CAF. What the other 50 for Ukraine are going to be? TCV?

according to the article I think that the other 50 will all be TCV and will come off the line hot after we get our last 11 and then GDLS will move onto the next variant and likely Ukraine will get some of them too

Last edited:
Surely we can’t be far off from drone swarming brigades where thousands of drones of all types, at all altitudes, “advance” right through enemy positions on a narrow front, achieving the elusive breakthrough.
aerial blitzkrieg

Back