• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The 'What If Canada Gets Attacked' Superthread

skater021 said:
Gang first I want to apologize  for my Rant  behavior about the US attacking us I should know better. But the question I still wonder if the scenario plays out like I think it will. Let me back up when I was 15 I read two books called the Ultimatum and exoneration They were writtin in 1974 by a Air force General I can't remember his Name.

It was Richard Rohmer.

I,citizen what you said is true at the moment. But I am looking at the future what if the US Government sees us as not so friendly. I don't know but what I see a ever changing of the Canadian demographic and may elect a non pro Canadian Government.... I'm not saying this will happen soon a few things has to happen

a. The collapse of the U.N many people in the US see as weak and useless ( I may agree with the constant nepotism collusion and all out corruption)

b. the US economy crashes

c. Dry states like Arizona new Mexico will demand more fresh water as their reserves dry up...... Just a thought.

skater021 said:
I,citizen what you said is true at the moment. But I am looking at the future what if the US Government sees us as not so friendly. I don't know but what I see a ever changing of the Canadian demographic and may elect a non pro Canadian Government.... I'm not saying this will happen soon a few things has to happen

a. The collapse of the U.N many people in the US see as weak and useless ( I may agree with the constant nepotism collusion and all out corruption)

c. Dry states like Arizona new Mexico will demand more fresh water as their reserves dry up...... Just a thought.
Do you look at what you write before you post it, or are you just smoking a big fatty right now?  :facepalm: What party would this anti-Canadian government in Canada consist of?

skater021 said:

Point A can be pretty much ignored. Really, if the UN were to dissapear tomorrow would you even notice?

Point B is discussed Here, with various similar threads in that part of the board discussing American Grand Strategy, the 2012 election and so on.

Point C is discussed Here  ;D.

Enjoy!

Romanmaz said:
What party would this anti-Canadian government in Canada consist of?

Bloc Quebecois sound familiar to you? I agree with you, at first glance, it does seem like a nonsensical statement, but just looking back at recent history it does make a certain sense.

History is the best tool we have to use to extrapolate possible futures, but don't underestimate sheer human stupidity's ability to mess us up

SherH2A said:
Bloc Quebecois sound familiar to you? I agree with you, at first glance, it does seem like a nonsensical statement, but just looking back at recent history it does make a certain sense.

History is the best tool we have to use to extrapolate possible futures, but don't underestimate sheer human stupidity's ability to mess us up
I understand your point, however, the Bloc Quebecois has lost official party status and most people are predicting they will be almost completely obsolete in the coming years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but, aren't the Bloc Quebecois also not truly considered a national party because they don't want/have any voters outside of Quebec? It's like saying the national Marijuana Party of Canada will take over  ;D

Actually my fear is the various separatist parties unite, like Quebec, Alberta, BC, the Maritimes. There are people in each province who really do believe that their individual province could go it alone and successfully.

Separatist parties uniting......

Stop and think about that statement in detail for a moment

Thank you

Thucydides said:
Separatist parties uniting......

Stop and think about that statement in detail for a moment

Thank you

About as likely as the Nazis and Communists uniting, oh wait they did that when they invaded Poland.

You are relying upon common sense instead of looking back into history and seeing some of the unbelievable alliances that have existed. If you think Nazis and Communists are too far fetched then how about the British Empire and Russia. There have been some strange alliances struck to achieve a common goal.

History is full of examples of downright enemies uniting in the pursuite of a common goal

SherH2A said:
About as likely as the Nazis and Communists uniting, oh wait they did that when they invaded Poland.

You are relying upon common sense instead of looking back into history and seeing some of the unbelievable alliances that have existed. If you think Nazis and Communists are too far fetched then how about the British Empire and Russia. There have been some strange alliances struck to achieve a common goal.

History is full of examples of downright enemies uniting in the pursuite of a common goal

These were national alliances, between complete countries. I doubt that regional separatist factions, some pretty obscure, could unite and gain that sort of compelling drive within Canada to where they became a threat to our sovereignty.

But that's just my uneducated, non researched  :2c: and the only serious post I expect to make from here on out in this thread.

Thank you for raising that point. I did use them as examples because I thought it would be easier for people to be reminded of how people even national countries will unite in the pursuit of a common objective.

But in WWII in almost every occupied country, there were two resistances, one a political, usually the communists and a national resistance. Usually they didn't get along so well they were united in a common aim, getting rid of the Germans

SherH2A said:
Thank you for raising that point. I did use them as examples because I thought it would be easier for people to be reminded of how people even national countries will unite in the pursuit of a common objective.

But in WWII in almost every occupied country, there were two resistances, one a political, usually the communists and a national resistance. Usually they didn't get along so well they were united in a common aim, getting rid of the Germans

That was the national mythology post war. During the war, most resistance parities spent inordinate amounts of time and effort fighting each other, or sucking up to the British or Americans to get supplies and political support for their vision of the nation post war.

Somehow we can't ignore the effects of human stupidity. I have been trying to think of an example where the resistance forced the Germans out of a country without Germany being defeated by the Allies.

I think the most important job the resistances had was to be the upholders of the nation's conscience and soul. Some of the resistance members were very young and some of them were basically gang members and criminals but most of them were just good men who shared a common dream of their country strong and free.

My personal knowledge of this is limited to readings and the stories shared by the members of my father's cell. My father never spoke of his wartime experiences with his sons.Several time though he had members of his cell visit him in Canada and that's when the stories and pain came out in all night long sessions with his cell mates.

The costs that some of these members paid was tremendous, their lives were forever altered by what they had done. The lucky ones got out and healed. For example, my father's cell was destroyed by the Gestapo, a member had been shot in a piece of personal sabotage at the railway station. The Germans tracked him down by following the trail of his blood in the snow to an apartment building lobby.

The Germans took him to a Danish hospital, where they wouldn't let the doctors operate without him giving them information. Fortunately one of the medical staff, was a resistance member, who managed to duck the German security sealing the hospital, and get out a warning, the man had been captured.

Once the warning had been dispatched, the casualty was able to give the Germans the nom de guerres of his cell mates, who by that time were already notified and going into hiding.

I was always amazed at the speed that all this took place. To illustrate the speed, my father contacted his girlfriend, later my mother, to try to pick up some clothes from the members' homes. As she approached the first home, she saw the SS coming out with the member's belongings. By the time she got to the second home, she saw the SS again so she stopped.

I was amazed at the organization behind the Resistance, less than four hours to warn the members and for them to drop from sight. My father, stayed in Denmark instead of going to Sweden, because the general feeling was the end of the war was very near, and he had a good place to hide and work in a dairy. My father was one of the very lucky ones

SherH2A said:
The costs that some of these members paid was tremendous, their lives were forever altered by what they had done. The lucky ones got out and healed. For example, my father's cell was destroyed by the Gestapo, a member had been shot in a piece of personal sabotage at the railway station. The Germans tracked him down by following the trail of his blood in the snow to an apartment building lobby.

In the book Rendez-vous 127, The Diary of Anne Brusselmanns, ACM Sir Basil Embry wrote:
"It is perhaps difficult for anyone who has not lived under the oppression of German occupation and witnessed first-hand the frightful evil of Gestapo police methods to appreciate fully what it meant to work in direct opposition to them...
The married man or woman caught harbouring an Allied airman brought reprisals on the whole family - even small children were put to death. This was the price for patriotism, and as the Gestapo held most of the cards, the odds were strongly in their favour...
Their peril was far greater than that of the airman whom they helped, because if the evader was caught, he would merely become a prisoner of war, but if they were found helping or sheltering him they were tortured and shot."

Edit for spelling.

Thank you for the info.

I would love to pay homage to the courage of the resistance, but this is not the thread to do that.  We should try to find one already existing or start a thread.

Sorry about the highjacking, it just seemed to morph

I think that the American's have bigger fish to fry then planning or even considering an attack on Canada.
I ought to say that it's more likely to be attacked by China, or possibly Russia, then the US.
Not the mention, that an invasion between two of the most powerful countries in the world would cause such devastation, it would almost not be worth it. Two nuclear powers, put against one another, the American's would spend more money supporting an invasion then they would get in return from any land they may possibly obtain, let alone backlash from our allied countries.

"Actually my fear is the various separatist parties unite, like Quebec, Alberta, BC, the Maritimes. There are people in each province who really do believe that their individual province could go it alone and successfully."

First of all, I hope you know that the "Maritimes" is not a province, but three provinces.....

Secondly, what is this separatist movement you speak of in the Maritimes? I have lived in NB my whole life...did I miss something?

Thirdly, that just sounds right out of er...

Delaney1986 said:
"Actually my fear is the various separatist parties unite, like Quebec, Alberta, BC, the Maritimes. There are people in each province who really do believe that their individual province could go it alone and successfully."

First of all, I hope you know that the "Maritimes" is not a province, but three provinces.....

Secondly, what is this separatist movement you speak of in the Maritimes? I have lived in NB my whole life...did I miss something?

Thirdly, that just sounds right out of er...

Thanks for the reply Delany.

First I consider the Maritimes as being 4 provinces, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. Historically, back in the days of wooden ships and iron men, this area was an industrial and agricultural power house, of course the industrial sector was not in car manufacturing. It was part of the wealthier part of Canada at Confederation, unfortunately after confederation there wasn't the same demand for their products.

Now after the discovery of offshore oil, things are beginning to improve in those provinces and they are becoming have and not have not provinces. With prosperty, I believe,  people have more faith in the ability of their region to stand on their own.

Second you said you have no knowledge of any separitist feelings in New Brunswick. I think there is still a French English gap in New Brunswick and there are French Speaking people who would prefer to be associated with Quebec rather than Canada. I also believe there are also Newfoundlanders who still believe Joey Smallwood made a huge mistake by entering Confederation and Newfoundland would be better off without Canada, especially  now that they're becoming have provinces.

Third as you said  that just sounds right out of er...
I certainly hope so, I think internal dissent is more likely to cause fighting in Canada, than the USA invading us although they have already invaded Canada twice already during the War of 1812 and during the American Revolution, plus allowing the Fenian raids after the American Civil war. The Americans have a national prehency to resort to violence to support their national policy.

Just to make things clear, let me tell you my view of Canada. I love this country, during my work career I have been lucky enough to see a lot of this country, like a lot of members on this forum. The only province I haven't visited is Newfoundland, plus the farthest north I've gotten has been Prince Albert.

This country is magnificient and is certainly worth keeping together. I've spoken with Canadians in all parts, I've visited, of this country, unfortunately I find that we are more geared towards being proud of our local regions and not proud of this great country, Canada, until it's Olympics time. We need to be proud of Canada more times than once every four years.

Back