• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This is weird

Mikey

Inactive
Reaction score
I have my medical soon and I'm all good but was just curious my friends blood pressure was 142/74 and they still accepted him and he passed his medical where his file continued on I always thought the max systolic was 140, just curious, I thought maybe they understand people get nervous ?

Mikey said:
I have my medical soon and I'm all good but was just curious my friends blood pressure was 142/74 and they still accepted him and he passed his medical where his file continued on I always thought the max systolic was 140, just curious, I thought maybe they understand people get nervous ?

Quit worrying about what goes on with other people.

I agree with CDN Aviator.  Everyone is different.  I would guess that 147/74 is borderline.

Mikey said:
Did they raise the standards for blood pressure?

What is the standard for blood pressure?  :dunno:  Nothing in the  CFP 154 (Medical Standards).

CDN Aviator said:
Quit worrying about what goes on with other people.

This thread is weird. CDN Aviator is right: why does it matter what your friend's blood pressure was? Especially since you are "all good," as you say.

For the record, my BP when I did the medical was 139/85 and they had me go to my doctor to get signed off. It wasn't a big deal; I had just done my interview right before that and was a little wound up. So it shouldn't bother you.

Be interesting to see what buddy's BP was when he started writing the opening to the thread...

MM

Nothing weird at all.  I think theOP is wondering if standards for BP have changed.

That's it, that's all.  ;D

Back