• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

This Summer's SQ+BIQ at the Meaf!

JBP

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey folks, I was told by course staff on my BMQ that those of us who last will be going to Meaford for our SQ end of June and following right after that our BIQ either at Meaford -OR- Petawawa... Then he mentioned the SQ+BIQ courses are possibly being all changed around back to something like the old QL1+2+3+4 courses so he's not sure exactly what is going to happen yet?!?!

Anyone have any dates for 31 CBG PRes Infantry groups for SQ+BIQ this summer? Home unit is Lincoln and Welland reg, and we're training at the John Foote armoury in Hamilton with  the Argyl's (sorry if I spelt it wrong) and couple other units, AH of C etc...

Every weekend of June we're doing "Pre-SQ" training, sw that works out to 8-10 days of "Pre-SQ" and then end of June we're off! Any ideas of the time frames etc? Last year apparently it was June 30 for departure until Aug 14 or something...

Thanks in advance, Joe
:warstory:

I got my dates for my PP1 Infantry and they are final.. so i dont think it will change this summer.

So what dates have U been given? Is it actually June 30th start date for SQ etc???

No im just doing my infantry this summer, july 15 to august 12

ahaha have fun in meaford! i just did mine this past summer and it sucks when your doing section attacks or advancing there are tank ruts EVERYWHERE so your always tripping and twisting your ankles its impossible to walk normailly but keep going so many people cried about it and went to the mir when they were fine! just suck it up

Remember, in LFCA the courses are scheduled so they end on the friday before stalwart guardian (last full week of august), so the dates may be different than SQFT...

SQ > 4-22 Jul(3 weeks + pre SQ) or 27 Jun-22 Jul(no pre SQ)
BIQ > 25 Jul-19 Aug
EX SG 05> 20-28 Aug

I'm not at work so I can't check the dates for sure...

There is the possibility of some courses moving to Pet, so 2 CMBG instrs don't have to be tasked away from home for the summer, as they're experiencing a high op-tempo right now...

And there are tank ruts in all the bases, you can't get away from them, just bring lots of advil...

Cheers

Posted by: Mike_R23A
Insert Quote
Remember, in LFCA the courses are scheduled so they end on the friday before stalwart guardian (last full week of august), so the dates may be different than SQFT...

SQ > 4-22 Jul(3 weeks + pre SQ) or 27 Jun-22 Jul(no pre SQ)
BIQ > 25 Jul-19 Aug
EX SG 05> 20-28 Aug

I'm not at work so I can't check the dates for sure...

There is the possibility of some courses moving to Pet, so 2 CMBG instrs don't have to be tasked away from home for the summer, as they're experiencing a high op-tempo right now...

And there are tank ruts in all the bases, you can't get away from them, just bring lots of advil...

Cheers

Thanks alot, I think you answered my question! I'll double check with my home unit as someone else told me to do also, but that seems pretty reliable.

Thanks again. We have "pre-SQ" workup for all 4 weekends of June, so I imagine we'll get the earlier SQ dates. I hope, because I want to get fully trained and go on Ex-Stalwart Guardian this summer, get it all done right away and be able to actually call myself an Infantryman...

Joe

Usualy weapons classes, to save time on the SQ they teach them on weekends before at the unit level.

Yeah we're doing weapons stuff, introduction to the C6+C9, description, IA's and stoppages and also I believe a Weapons Handling Test on one of them already. Should be interesting to say the least!

Hey anyone on the BIQ that starts July 4th? Yay another 2 month dose of Meaford!  :-* gah

So is all of SQ and BIQ for the reservists (in ontario at least) in Meaford? Or could the recruits be split up and some sent to Kingston or Petewawa?

So is all of SQ and BIQ for the reservists (in ontario at least) in Meaford? Or could the recruits be split up and some sent to Kingston or Petewawa?

All I know for sure is that our SQ is at Meaford, and I think it all boils down to what CBG your part of, we're 31 CBG, so I think most of 31 CBG goes to Meaford?!?! Not sure really, but that seems to be the way thier organizing it...

As I've been told, as your home unit through your chain of command.  :p

I have some friends in 33 CBG and they went to Kingston & Pet last year... whereas 31 & 32 CBG send their troops to Meaford.

hahahahaah i'm gonna be right on you're course too there bud, i dunno who you are but you're on my course at the john foote armouries lol Range this weekend, and gas hut, should be fun times 

hahahahaah i'm gonna be right on you're course too there bud, i dunno who you are but you're on my course at the john foote armouries lol Range this weekend, and gas hut, should be fun times

Yeah I remember your name, I'm the guy in 3 Section they all call "Pizza"...

Can't put a face to you yet, doesn't matter, see you this weekend anyway, I'm sure one of us will get yelled at... :p

Forgotten_Hero said:
Well, I'm 33 CGB, I've been hearing more of Kingston or Petewawa
yeah i'm in 33 also and I'm 90% sure we're doing it in Kingston

Im starting my BIQ on may 9th and theres another one starting a few weeks after but their doing their BIQ in Shilo. I guess WATC is gonna be a little full this summer and all us FNG PPCLI guys just finishing BIQ are all going to 2nd Battalion in Shilo, but of course we havn't been given any "official" announcements on what battalion we are going to.

Don't be surprised if you get confirmation the week before course actually begins...there's a reason why the saying "on the bus, off the bus" happened. Just as long as you have your kit packed, does it really matter where the course is? Think of it as a free "trip" somewhere!!  ;D

Back