• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tim Hortons in Theatre Merged Thread (in AFG, no plans to preposition)

recceguy said:
It's been so since armies took to the field eons ago.

Amenities in the rear always surpass those in the front.

It's the nature of the beast.

It won't change, but you can still ***** about it, as they've also been doing for those same eons without change.

You're quite right and in that sense I suppose I'm wrong and I'll therefore STFU.  What bugs me is that there are people trying to dress this up in terms of an IO effect that was non-existent.  Tim's was not an IO objective.  It was just bumph.

RoyalDrew said:
Like I said, its a volunteer army and nobody is forcing you to do anything if you feel like you aren't getting enough money or aren't getting the support you need then VR and go work in a job that has a union.  I would personally do the job for no extra money because I like this line of work and I believe in the organization and what we do but hey that is just me. 

I think what has been alluded to here but has not been said is the Tim Horton's trailer was a drop in the hat in terms of money and resources allocated and a very small one.  Canada spent in the 10's of Billions in Afghanistan and with a Tim's Trailer costing a $100,000 this expenditure in the scheme of military expendituresthis means nothing.
Relax, I was being facetious.

I do at times feel that some work a LOT hard for their money then others, but at the end of the day, I just get on with it.  Just like everything else and how I feel about Timmies.  You say it was a drop in the cucket that amounted to nothing, and I know one problem doesn't directly relate to the other, but here I was, along with many others, wearing a the most basic of PPE and I had to tie it together with biners and 550.

dapaterson said:
Were I CDS, my priority would have been the deployment of a larger, sustainable force, able to take and hold ground and effect change.

I would have reduced the PSP/NPF footprint to a bare minimum.  As long as we are carrying our creature comforts along, we're not carrying ammo to fight, or supplies to build & support the Afghans, and we're not living with the locals and sharing their world.

In other words, my priority would have been to drive for strategic success, vice tactical.
This.

We got back from our trip to Sudbury at about 1630, so we were away 32.5 hours. This breaks down to 13 hours driving, 2 hours visiting with Aunt, 7 hours sleeping and 10.5 hours socializing with wife's relatives at cottage. Of the last, 7 hours eating and drinking, not in that order yesterday and 3 hours for getting up and having brunch, etc.

Old Sweat said:
We got back from our trip to Sudbury at about 1630, so we were away 32.5 hours. This breaks down to 13 hours driving, 2 hours visiting with Aunt, 7 hours sleeping and 10.5 hours socializing with wife's relatives at cottage. Of the last, 7 hours eating and drinking, not in that order yesterday and 3 hours for getting up and having brunch, etc.

Was there a forward deployed Timmie's there?

recceguy said:
It's been so since armies took to the field eons ago.

Amenities in the rear always surpass those in the front.

It's the nature of the beast.

It won't change, but you can still ***** about it, as they've also been doing for those same eons without change.

Admittedly I didn't read all 33 pages of this but, that sums up my thoughts.

If it wasn't the Tim Hortons trailer, it would be something else. Although I only managed to get one coffee there, I didn't see the harm in having it, and not having it certainly wouldn't have translated to more Bayonets in the AO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back