• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

time after interview

Muratori

Inactive
Reaction score
After a successful interview for the reg force ,everything else is completed cfat etc.. What is the time frame im going to have to wait for basic training.?

There is no set formula.

Check this thread.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13064.0.html

Start at the end, there a lots of examples to look at.

It could be a day, it could be a week, it could be month it could be 6 months.

No one one knows for sure

Depend on a lot of factor, have you done your medical the same day as your interview ? I did and after you are done they have to send your medical file to Ottawa so it can be reviewed this process takes at least two weeks from what I have read on the topic and that is best case scenario it could be much longer than that.

Then you have to wait for selection date for your trade if they decide that the next selection date for whatever your trade is going to be in 3 months you are not going to get a call until then, and being merit listed does not guarantee you will be called if they have 30 spot open and there are 40 application stronger than yours you are not going to get called so you can see where I am going with this nobody really knows your best option would be to check with the sergeant who did your interview and ask them when are selection date for your trade so that could give you an idea but you may or not be called for this selection.

all depends on what you are going in for, how complex your file is ( the PLAR on my file added 2 months of waiting), i had the habit of calling the RC every Wednesday round 11 am for about 10 months, checking on the status, and i have been waiting 16 months so far to enter as a MARENG, with some of the best CFAT scores the recruiter had seen for the last couple years, qualified for every job in NCM and Officer Country. it has been 30 days sine my interview i called on Thursday, i am green lighted medically (glasses) and am awaiting selection (supposed to be next week for the Navy Engineers). Patience is a Virtue, but calling to check your file also helps.

Im going for infantry does that increase my chances of being selected faster since it is not a complex trade and probably does not have much competition.

it can, most people i have seen, its been less than 6 months on average 3-4 months

Muratori said:
Im going for infantry does that increase my chances of being selected faster since it is not a complex trade and probably does not have much competition.

I've heard infantry is actually pretty competitive.. Could anyone confirm?

Life said:
I've heard infantry is actually pretty competitive.. Could anyone confirm?

It is highly competitive, need to have a good CFAT score and have things that will elevate you over the rest, there is about a 20-25 drop rate in BMQ for infantry i hear. Drop rte being - cut, medical or VRing 

I have been told that infantry is indeed very competitive right now, and this was a month or so ago so this is probably still true, I don't know where you want to get posted but I got told they had to fill a lot of position in Alberta for the infantry somewhere around a hundred.

Muratori said:

Seriously?

You have a lot of research to do. Less asking questions, more reading.

....Upon further reflection that may seem harsh however, it is true. It also implies that you are applying for a trade that you feel is somehow easy. Infantry can be a very demanding trade both physically and mentally. Don't underestimate it just because you don't need a Degree to get in. I have a BA in Military History and now a Diploma in Criminology. My husband is Armoured...he comes home with stuff for courses that makes me scratch my head and run away. All trades require different skill sets, Combat Arms requires a skill set that I do not possess and I have nothing but respect for the people able to bust it out. Also, as others have stated, your assumptions about it not being competitive are very far off the mark so I hope you bring more than misinformation to your application.

And good luck.

Edited for being kind of mean...I worked all night...sorry!

To the OP,

I assume you are going for Infantry NCM. I hope you're coming to realize the competition for your trade choice is intense. Consider that many applicants applying for other combat trades or army trades for that matter will list Infantry NCM as second or third choices. Infantry is a highly desirable trade; even for those who might not fully comprehend what it takes to be a soldier. You think you have what it takes? Well so do thousands of others.

marinemech said:
it can, most people i have seen, its been less than 6 months on average 3-4 months

My file for Reg Force Infantry NCM took 8 months from the online application to the Merit List, and still I wait. I have seen examples like marinemech mentioned, although I've only been following the Application Process Samples since March this year and have noticed maybe a handful of speedy processes; more so for Reserve applications.

Good luck with yours.

Allow me to clear the air a little. First off, Infantry trade. Infantry is not a bird career, those that are fortunate enough to be offered this trade, must prepare themselves mentally and physically. This trade requires a high level of intelligence, mental control, and the ability to multi task. The tasks demanded from infanteers is already intense, and as technology continues to evolve, so does the infantry.

Now second topic, selecting your trade. Never select a trade, just to get yourself in the door. You may not be able to re-muster. No trade (theoretically) will fast track you into BMQ. With the exception of those that are in high demand. You can get all this information from your recruiting office. They will be able to tell you the number of positions available. As far as when you can expect a call, or if you will get that trade, that's up to HQ and whenever they review your application. Infantry is a highly competitive trade, and usually the competition  will have scored just as high if not higher then yourself. That's with every trade.

The best thing for any new recruit to do, is fully research the trades your interested, and choose the ones you want to do. If it takes a while to get in, then so be it, it will make your new career worth so much more. Find out all the things you can do to improve your odds's, make yourself stand out. Last but certainly not least, be patient. Things take time, and once you do get in, you will find things still take time, patience is your friend.

dennmu said:
Allow me to clear the air a little. First off, Infantry trade. Infantry is not a bird career, those that are fortunate enough to be offered this trade, must prepare themselves mentally and physically. This trade requires a high level of intelligence, mental control, and the ability to multi task. The tasks demanded from infanteers is already intense, and as technology continues to evolve, so does the infantry.

Now second topic, selecting your trade. Never select a trade, just to get yourself in the door. You may not be able to re-muster. No trade (theoretically) will fast track you into BMQ. With the exception of those that are in high demand. You can get all this information from your recruiting office. They will be able to tell you the number of positions available. As far as when you can expect a call, or if you will get that trade, that's up to HQ and whenever they review your application. Infantry is a highly competitive trade, and usually the competition  will have scored just as high if not higher then yourself. That's with every trade.

The best thing for any new recruit to do, is fully research the trades your interested, and choose the ones you want to do. If it takes a while to get in, then so be it, it will make your new career worth so much more. Find out all the things you can do to improve your odds's, make yourself stand out. Last but certainly not least, be patient. Things take time, and once you do get in, you will find things still take time, patience is your friend.
\
:goodpost:

Like everyone said before it all depends. If you have done your medical, aptitude test and interview than you just have to wait for a phone call. I did all three of those on November 4th and received my offer November 29th. My medical went very well as well as my interview and test, I head out January 11th and start Jan 13th.

marinemech said:
It is highly competitive, need to have a good CFAT score and have things that will elevate you over the rest, there is about a 20-25 drop rate in BMQ for infantry i hear. Drop rte being - cut, medical or VRing

BMQ is the same for every (NCM) trade, so there's no reason to believe Infantry would have higher drop rate, except by coincidence. That said, some people always drop out of BMQ, it's the nature of the course.

Chelomo said:
BMQ is the same for every (NCM) trade, so there's no reason to believe Infantry would have higher drop rate, except by coincidence. That said, some people always drop out of BMQ, it's the nature of the course.
Its true, a lot of people get into the mind set of " I cannot do this" and just VR, i have heard. Main thing also a lot of groups do not really gelling till round week 4-5, and this is not only an individual thing but a team thing.

Chelomo said:

They're talking about "battle school", not BM(O)Q

RectorCR said:
They're talking about "battle school", not BM(O)Q

He wrote BMQ, if he meant Battle School, he should have written Battle School. Accuracy matters, especially when you're trying to give advice to people.

To clear up the confusion:

In the Reserve world, the Brigade Battle School hosts BMQ, BMQ-L so "Battle School" not always applies to BIQ+ anymore.

For example, I am under 41 CBG Battle School, Training Coy South even though it is BMQ that I am on.

Back