• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Training Trek

BrianDonohue

Inactive
Reaction score
So, I bit the bullet and finally made the choice that I've wanted to since I was twelve. I joined the Forces! I had originally applied for Pilot but I didn't attain the V1 vision requirement at the time so I switched gears and found out about the NCMSEP program for training NE Tech's! Pretty much as soon as I had started the paperwork, Pilot opened up for those with less than a perfect V1 (Myself being 20/25 in one eye and 20/20 in the other I was fairly close to begin with) I was a little ticked at this point but I deicded to go ahead with NE Tech anyway, especially after my tour of the HMCS Halifax. Everything went smoothly at the CFRC, very impressed with the people there. Now, my program is a little different in that I had my college program start the day after I enrolled. They shipped me out here, started going to school and luckily was able to take up residence in the shacks. Apparently I'm fairly spoiled living on an Air Force base and all, but I can't complain. I've been here before a few times, but really have a feel for the base and the city as well.

My training is apparently as follows: Complete 2.5 year degree at college for Electronics Engineering
                                                    BMQ either summer of 09 or upon graduation (Winter 2010)
                                                    Naval Environmental
                                                    Modified three's/five's <- If anyone has any information on this one it'd be great. It's Navy in house so Borden doesn't have a lot of info.

I am very happy that I was accepted into this, the school program is tough and I wasn't sure if I liked it the first semester but I've pulled up my socks. I had a little bit of a run-in when I got here about a messy room but that's also been taken care of. I can't complain about the mess food, it's pretty good, but wow, rations are pricey! I especially enjoy the newly renovated Ranks, too bad it's not open more often :D.

Right now I'm focused on completing this program but I am EXTREMELY excited to get the remainder of my training done and to be on ship. I don't know if I'll be in Halifax or Esq obviously but I think my personal preference would be Hali.

It'd be great to hear from anyone that has had similar experience or sailors who can give me the basics of Esq and Hali. I'm especially interested to know what the Naval Environmental training is like!

NE-OS

Cool man, I'm going to BMQ there in a few days for MAR ENG MECH.

It's gonna be an adventure, for sure. You may end up in my home province of Newfoundland!

omgLiam said:
Cool man, I'm going to BMQ there in a few days for MAR ENG MECH.

It's gonna be an adventure, for sure. You may end up in my home province of Newfoundland!

Where are you going for BMQ? Is that PRes or Reg? Because it'd be AWESOME to do reg BMQ in Halifax, haha!

Hehe, I'm going for BMQ on the 17th of February in St. Jean. Reg force  8)

Ahhhh, okayy... Yeah, I dunno, they obviously have no idea where they're sending me as they don't have a solid date even, hahaha.

Haha, guess it'll be another 2 years of being spoiled! Haha I'm still obliged to do the Wing PT testing obviously but not able to go to any Men's Christmas Dinner or unit specific things like that as I don't have one.

Hahah yes sir, more than likely. Here's hoping we end up sailing together.

Back