• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transporting the C-7 while on exercise.

It's our RSM's orders....being a little old Trooper, I'm not ready to start questioning why we should do it...I just do what i'm told..

I guess it depends on where you are. Ive always traveled with the bolt out.

The only time that my bolt left the upper receiver of my C7 was during cleaning and just before turn-in at the lock-up.

Sounds like someone's RSM is a wee bit paranoid...

In regards to taking the C7 home, no way. But I do believe there is one nordic country where the military members keep their weapons at home with them. Sweeden, Norway? I forget which, but I do remember it being mentioned one parade night.

I believe the country you were referring to is Switzerland.

The troops in Norway have their weapon at home with them.

The only Country who. allows it's Forces to keep the arms wirh in their Abode is the Swis.
As too the Norskies nie !!

Everytime I have gone into civvie land with my rifle I had my bolt in, sometimes with an empty mag in aswell. 

I have never seen any bad reactions from the civvies on the lake shore.

Sometimes, I put my bolt in my pocket.
Sometimes, I put my bolt in my gun.

But what if I'm wearing my combat pants and non - issue runners, but I'm in an army vehicle, but not on duty, with a PTshirt from another unit, and my bolt is in my coat pocket on the back seat and my rifle is leaning against the passenger side door and we run out of change going through the drive through at Timmy's - WHAT THEN??? Am I still subject to the CSD and the QR+O's?

516.gif

I gotta guess if you were issued your C7, your on duty. But your right, this is getting way to carried away. ::)

What if your alone and *must* go to Timmy's?  Do you bring your rifle inside?  >:D

The only instance I know of where you need to take your bolt (other than in lockup of course) is when in a civvie vehicle. We take a civvie bus to the traininig area, and have our rifles below, and bolts in our pockets. I think that may be a policy of the bus company.

Perhaps some CSMs/RSMs are a little paranoid about troops with weapons in public. I remember doing Warrior training below the Burrard Street Bridge in Vancouver. You'd have a Section of troops going through their drills (with a good amount of aggression   ;)), and some runner would come 'round the corner and nearly shit themselves. Funny stuff. Sadly, we don't do that anymore...

Thats what happened to me, my very first day in the reserves.

I was in a classroom with one other recruit, going through the basics of when we should show up, what to wear (Since we didn't have our combats issued yet), what times to show up by, how to sign in, etc, etc, etc.

They told us to leave the classroom, and wait for us just outside the door.  So we did, but when we opened the door there was a whole company doing house clearing and FIBUA drills, scared the shit out of me.  I opened the door to have 10 guys with rifles all yelling at me - scary when your a BRAND new recruit.  (This was in the basement of Mewata Armouries, in Calgary, AB.)

Da_man said:
What if your alone and *must* go to Timmy's?    Do you bring your rifle inside?   >:D

If you can't leave a weapons guard in the vehicle, why not? I've done it while on exercise in BC-our company of AVGPs pulled up to a Tims and we went in. Cops do it all the time. Where does it say you can't carry your weapon in a restaurant?

Cheers.

Taking the C7 into Timmy's... Man, if I was a civvie I might do a spit take with my coffee. Sure the police take their pistols in, but there is a slight size/intimidation difference between a C7 and a pistol.

Anyways, would we actually be allowed to take the rifle into to Timmy's for example, provided we were on duty and all that jazz? I mean, it just seems weird to me just because it is such a huge weapon. I could just see the employees hands go up as soon as you walk in "TAKE WHAT YOU WANT!" - "Um.... double double please?"

pbi said:
If you can't leave a weapons guard in the vehicle, why not? I've done it while on exercise in BC-our company of AVGPs pulled up to a Tims and we went in. Cops do it all the time. Where does it say you can't carry your weapon in a restaurant?

Cheers.

then u might get some idiot that thinks ur holdin up the place...

pbi said:

Cheers.

The drive through closed or the roof too low to fit the AVGP turrets under? ;D

Danjanou said:
The drive through closed or the roof too low to fit the AVGP turrets under? ;D

Haha, we were told that military vehicles are not allowed to go through drive-throughs anymore actually. Something about there being too many cases where the vehicles took them out.  ;D Either that or they are discourging the frequent trips to Tim Hortons  :army:

But what if I'm wearing my combat pants and non - issue runners, but I'm in an army vehicle, but not on duty, with a PTshirt from another unit, and my bolt is in my coat pocket on the back seat and my rifle is leaning against the passenger side door and we run out of change going through the drive through at Timmy's - WHAT THEN??? Am I still subject to the CSD and the QR+O's?

What the f*ck?!?   Why would you be out of dress in a dnd (smp?) veh?   YOU ARE ALWAYS UNDER CSD AND QR+O'S! Wear your uniform properly and you can take your RIFLE anywhere on duty if it's issued.

Back