• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transporting the C-7 while on exercise.

Besides, don't they get locked in the vehicle when transported (a la the LSVW outer compartments) or at least stored in rifle bags in a vehicle that isn't as securely locked?

Never have I stored my rifle anywhere but right beside me when in a vehicle heading out for an exercise.

The last time I put my rifle in a storage area for transportation was on my BMQ.  The driver of the bus we rented requested the rifles be stored un the baggage compartment below.  Our bolts of course, were in our pockets.

I recall one that still has me scratching my head...

We were on our way to Wainwright from Winnipeg via C-130 for MilCon a few years back. We all had our C1s (shows how 'few' years  ;) ), with bolts in pocket, and we had to run our rifles through the X-ray machine... what was with that?

Highland Lad said:
I recall one that still has me scratching my head...

We were on our way to Wainwright from Winnipeg via C-130 for MilCon a few years back. We all had our C1s (shows how 'few' years   ;) ), with bolts in pocket, and we had to run our rifles through the X-ray machine... what was with that?
A cheep way to look for stress cracks?

Back