• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Travel Claim Timeframe

doggroomer

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm hoping somebody here might have an answer, or at least a general idea to my question.
I submitted a local health travel claim to my unit clerks back in mid-November.  Unit CO is the one who approves for these types of claims as per BSO's.

It's been over 2 months now and the clerk is still saying they haven't even started it yet.
How long should a typical claim like this take? 
Note: this isn't make or break money, but that's not the point. 

While I don't have any guidelines or regulations at my fingertips, that is about the longest I have ever heard of a claim being "not started".  It's your money and you should not have to wait 2 damn months for them to START processing your repayment. I'm posted in Europe right now, in a remote location, physically isolated from the OR that processes my claims (so, receipts and claims forms being sent back and forth by snail mail), and the longest I have waited for PAYMENT to show up in my account is 6 weeks. Christmas holidays notwithstanding, you are well within your rights to complain vociferously about such shoddy treatment.

Given that its local travel it should be an MTEC and take about 10 minutes.

so, just to be nosey, has the claim been completed yet?

To give you my timelines, any claim should be completed within 2 weeks of the member handing everything in.  If the member has not heard anything by then they should be asking about it and be given a better answer than "I haven't started it yet".  If it was me the reply back would be "Why" followed by a visit up the chain until I got a satisfactory answer.

The questions I do have in this case is - does your unit have a standing policy document issued and signed by the CO on this, did you follow it or did you obtain the prior approval that is required for travel?  If the claim staff has to chase after things that might be a reason for it to take longer which should be part of the answer - I have requested X from bloggins and am waiting on the reply.  gives you the option to see bloggins and push the issue.

Ultimately hope someone took action to get things done or at least provide you with the information.

CountDC said:
so, just to be nosey, has the claim been completed yet?

To give you my timelines, any claim should be completed within 2 weeks of the member handing everything in.  If the member has not heard anything by then they should be asking about it and be given a better answer than "I haven't started it yet".  If it was me the reply back would be "Why" followed by a visit up the chain until I got a satisfactory answer.

The questions I do have in this case is - does your unit have a standing policy document issued and signed by the CO on this, did you follow it or did you obtain the prior approval that is required for travel?  If the claim staff has to chase after things that might be a reason for it to take longer which should be part of the answer - I have requested X from bloggins and am waiting on the reply.  gives you the option to see bloggins and push the issue.

Ultimately hope someone took action to get things done or at least provide you with the information.

The claim hasn't even been started yet.  It's still sitting in their pile of papers.
I have brought it up my CoC and still nothing.  I did have approval to travel before starting the claim, by having a referral from the Dr for medical appointments.  The Base has Standing Orders that say the CO is responsible for local health related travel claims.

Back