• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Troop Rotation Afghanistan

• Thread starter Thread starter the patriot
  • Start date Start date
T

the patriot

Just wondering if anyone had any further thoughts on this one. If there is any troop rotation in Afghanistan whatsoever, will the fresh troops come from the PPCLI, RCR or VanDoos?!

-the patriot- :cdn:

Time for a sewing circle, knit some new troops.

And these troops would come from where? Last time I scarfed a bowl of Lucky Charms, didn‘t come with an obligatory Grunt inside. :confused:

The Defence Minister just announced on the news tonight there may not be a rotation because there is nobody to rotate. The Canadian operation may come to an end in August.
Is this guy dense or what? He has been told for years we don‘t have enough soldiers.

Interesting comment since it has also been reported that the next roto unit has been identified, and the soldiers who might be going know who they are. Then again, it wouldn‘t be the first time on this mission that the MND has been singing off-key.

Watching the news tonight, they anticipate that the RCRs will be providing the troops, so probably 3RCR and Recce Sqn RCD if they go with the same deployment. That means that with pre deployment stuff and the actual deployment we‘ll see the guys from Edmonton back in late july / early august.

Fill in the gaps with reservists. This isn‘t peacekeeping, this is a combat mission!

Originally posted by astrof:
[qb]Watching the news tonight, they anticipate that the RCRs will be providing the troops, so probably 3RCR and Recce Sqn RCD if they go with the same deployment. That means that with pre deployment stuff and the actual deployment we‘ll see the guys from Edmonton back in late july / early august.[/qb]
From what I hear.............the presumption that the RCR are going is correct. Off hand, im my trade, there already been people in Winnipeg dagging for this next roto

The obvious question would be why there would be an assumption that these pers would be supporting the RCR?

IMHO the obvious place MP support *into* country to come from would be the Bn Sheriff and his Deputy supported by 2 MP Pl, particularly since 3 VP is supported by it‘s Sheriff, 1 Svc Bn and 1 MP Pl MPs.

Think of other assets deployed and you‘ll be able to guess what Winnipeg folks will probably be doing, and you can bet it won‘t involve living in anything less than four stars.

probably because the MP Pl‘s are over stretched. I presume with the 811 in your name that your an MP. I just used Winnipeg because that was one base I heard today, i‘m sure there are many many more. Here for example, three of our guys are going to Kananaskis. I MP Pl is already tasked, 2 MP Pl just got back from tour and im not sure about 5 PPM.

Back