• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Troop Strength to Increase

CFL said:
Your right Acorn it should be done by more then a glance however I don't have the time to run a proper scientific study on the matter.   That is why I emphasised that it was my opinion and not something factual.

Fair enough. We know about opinions right. In any case, when one's opinion tars a segment of society, one should be able to support it. "Opinion" is not an excuse to say anything you want is it?

Acorn

True but this discussion would just end up as one up man-ship in the sense that I could ask you to prove that most 1st Gen immigrants support Canada first.  Hey I wouldn't blame them if they did support the country the just came from.  if I ever moved to the States I would always think of myself as a Canadian first.  After reading my original point that got you started I don't think I was being malicious or hateful in the slightest.

Before I go on I'd like to note that I was making an observation. Urination contests tend to be wasted time, and often niether side knows if they're p*ssing for accuracy or distance.

In any case, to your point: my experience is different, though you may be right about more recent 1st gen immigrants (the ones I know tend to be older, and immigrated some years ago). That being said, on a debating point - if you voice an opinion and I disagree, it would traditionally be up to you to prove it, not up to me to prove you wrong.

My intent is not to be politically correct, though it probably appears that way. IMO voicing an opinion on admitted limited knowledge is a mistake - one that we've seen often on discussion groups. You know quite well the typical reaction to "newbies" and "wannabes" on these very boards when they say things on subject they know little about.

I'm not saying you can't have opinions (like I could stop you).

Anyway, that's all I'll say on this as the thread sems to be dying anyway.

Cheers,
Acorn

Back