• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I think they are trying to deliberately sabotage the term for whoever is elected to be PM as his replacement for when he gets voted out, and I think even they know there's a very good chance it'll be Pierre

The reason I think this is being done on purpose simply goes back to the current government's spending habits, and the continuation of growing the national debt

I've included an article that touches on the amount of debt we now have, and how much it costs to service that debt. $56 billion a year...yikes!

That's money they could be used to make the country a better place in a million different ways, that now has to go towards interest payments on debt. $56 billion dollars ... gone...

If Pierre wants to lower the national debt levels, he has quite a few options to increase government revenue that doesn't require him putting a foot on the average person.

(Ofcourse, not losing $60M here and $40M there will probably help a lot...)

If Pierre wants to shake loose the shackle that is really inhibiting our economic growth, he can eliminate the carbon tax.

But beyond that (which will be a great help!) anything he tries to cut will immediately make him the bad guy that the LPC can/will say "See! We told you he would do this!" while conveniently leaving out the part where they really didn't leave him any options...

If he downsizes the federal government (which has bloated by 31% in recent years) he'll be the bad guy who put all those people out of work.

If he cuts foreign aid money, he'll be made out to be the bad guy ushering those people into an even worst living situation.

If he cuts down on any financial assistance Canadians receive, he'll be the bad guy for leaving people destitute during a time of 'unprecedented financial pressures' - ofcourse not acknowledging that all of this spending (with an equal serving of 'no planning') is what's causing our cost of living to be so high in the first place

Everybody knows he NEEDS to cut spending, because our current spending is out of control. Doubling our national debt in 8yrs out of control. $56 billion in interest per year out of control.

But the current government has done such an insidiously good job of making a lot of people dependent on them that any cuts to spending will be met by cries of how Pierre cut some of the government assistance a lot of Canadians now rely on.

Pierre won't have a choice but to cut spending though. Doubling our national debt every 8yrs is NOT a good direction for our country to continue to go in.

So I do believe Trudeau & Freeland are deliberately sabotaging Pierre's first term in office, as a vast majority of his efforts will have to be focused on fixing everything they have broken.

As for him sabotaging the position as leader of the LPC when he's finally gone, I don't believe that is deliberate. But the more he focuses on leaving a trail of economic destruction for someone else to clean up, the more hated the LPC becomes, which makes it that much harder for any future leader of the party to get the party voted in.
It doesn't even sound like a bad long term liberal strategy. As you said, get everyone hooked on crank, and when the sheriff comes to town and starts taking away their meth pipes, they'll string him up, and boom, Liberals back in town.

An interesting paradox...

An Abacus Data survey shows Canadians continue to prefer the Conservatives, but don't want them to scrap the Liberals' 'marquee policies' on climate change and dental care, CEO David Coletto says....

Almost like Canadians are mostly centrist…

If anyone thinks the NDP will help bring down the government…think again.

Interesting to see the NDP pushing back against the change in election date. Hopefully they can amend that out.

Interesting to see the NDP pushing back against the change in election date. Hopefully they can amend that out.
I wonder if a few of them are like "Shit, we are tanking in the polls bad" and really want to put some distance between themselves and the Trudeau Party of Canada (Lets face it, it stopped being the Liberal Party years ago)

I wonder if a few of them are like "Shit, we are tanking in the polls bad" and really want to put some distance between themselves and the Trudeau Party of Canada (Lets face it, it stopped being the Liberal Party years ago)
Your guess is as good as mine.

They’ll hide it I something else
to the date when it has less time to be dealt with to counter… đŸ˜‰
That article hits one of the biggest problems dead on! It is still my opinion that Trudeau's ego is the biggest factor that hurts the Liberals
…following the Book of Xi…

They’ll hide it I something else
to the date when it has less time to be dealt with to counter… đŸ˜‰

…following the Book of Xi…
I am still not sure why the CPC hasn’t just called the Liberal bluff and proposed to amend the election date a week before Dhawali.

That article hits one of the biggest problems dead on! It is still my opinion that Trudeau's ego is the biggest factor that hurts the Liberals

I am constantly reminded of this chap, the last emperor of the Western Roman Empire - Romulus Augustulus.

Romulus Augustus' birth name was simply Romulus;[2] he was named after his maternal grandfather, a nobleman from Poetovio in Noricum.[5] Upon his accession to the imperial throne, he also took Augustus as a proper name, not just a title.[2] Many historians have noted the coincidence that the last western emperor bore the names of both Romulus, the legendary founder and first king of Rome, and Augustus, the first emperor.[5] The full style used on his coinage was Dominus Noster Romulus Augustus Pius Felix Augustus.[6] Romulus Augustus was often colloquially referred to as "Augustulus" (meaning "little Augustus") even in his own time, in reference to his youth.[7][3] "Augustulus" was a derisive nickname and was never in official use; all of Romulus' coins use the names Romulus Augustus.[8] In Greek, his first name Romulus was also changed derisively into the nickname Momylus ("little disgrace").[8]

Back