• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

No. They get it from Marxists with PhDs.
Gerry Butts I believe only has a BA in English studies. His brother Charlie is an Oncology researcher Doctor in Edmonton, His brother Joe is a petroleum Engineer in Pennsylvania and Dave is a lawyer and Pharmacist in Bulgaria. All these Brothers are graduates of Dalhousie where Gerry drank beer at McGill with you know who.

Gerry Butts I believe only has a BA in English studies. His brother Charlie is an Oncology researcher Doctor in Edmonton, His brother Joe is a petroleum Engineer in Pennsylvania and Dave is a lawyer and Pharmacist in Bulgaria. All these Brothers are graduates of Dalhousie where Gerry drank beer at McGill with you know who.

Drugs. Law. Bulgaria.... Hmm. :D

Also, if police have grounds to believe that contraband like drugs, firearms components, etc are being smuggled by mail, we can get a warrant to intercept that, search it, seize it, or potentially do a 'controlled delivery' of the goods to the intended recipient, along with other investigative techniques such as GPS trackers, undercover officers, etc. Mail has serious legal protections, but is not sancrosanct from criminal investigation. I've gotten a General Warrant before to examine mail in the course of post.
We were discussing this very issue the other day (a few folks from work who have a targeted investigation on their plate), re the legal protections regarding mail

I meant to post a question here shortly after but, you know, there was a squirrel...

Does Canada Post still have the Postal Inspection Service? (In a former life, I remember them being able to do some pretty amazing work in support of law enforcement & intelligence agencies)

We were discussing this very issue the other day (a few folks from work who have a targeted investigation on their plate), re the legal protections regarding mail

I meant to post a question here shortly after but, you know, there was a squirrel...

Does Canada Post still have the Postal Inspection Service? (In a former life, I remember them being able to do some pretty amazing work in support of law enforcement & intelligence agencies)
They absolutely do- still sworn peace officers. They’re keen to help out with external agency investigations, and are a great resource with regards to how mail is processed, and any specifics you need to be aware of in seeking a judicial authorization.

I found a new news site and have been reading more international stuff. I'm not seeing a lot of articles bemoaning other countries economic standing. I also believe I read where the trudeau libs have their own formula for figuring economic standing which favours the liberal messaging. We're are apparently not in as good a shape as he says we are, comparatively.

Considering we're currently battling Japan for last place in the G7, the most recent budget had $60B in new spending (not sure how that's going to help bring down inflation), and he deliberately kills entire industries when he's in a position to...

...No, I don't think we are doing as well as they say we are. Not even close.

I imagine the countries that aren't being run by total morons are probably doing better.

Not really. Looking at the front end only is about par for that crew. Remember, we're dealing with people who stoke demand (health care, dental, child care) with no real thought about how to supply it. "Experts".
It is just wage and price controls (apple does not fall far from tree).

When store shelves start to run empty this winter, I imagine the real fun will begin…

This is beyond belief.

In the first place, for the Prime Minister in a democratic country to threaten the heads of legal corporations with unspecified consequences if they do not bend to his will is beyond the pale. It is unacceptable.

In the second place, what does Trudeau expect a industry where the retail margins are widely accepted to be about 1.5% to do about food prices? Should Sobeys buy eggs from the egg cartel at $2.50/dozen and sell them at $2.00/dozen?
Should Loblaws buy Milk from the milk cartel at $1.50/l and sell it for $1.00?

Maybe, just maybe we should be looking at marketing boards.

Maybe, just maybe we should be looking at what $2.00/l diesel does to farmers and truckers.

Do the Liberals get their economic advice from from dime store Marxists?

And to think only a few posts above yours there are people explaining how they are willing to keep supporting Trudeau. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not a big CNN fan but occasionally they are not wrong.

Trudeau wants to tax stores that are already struggling and have been forever. The car created suburbia, the supermarket and the Big Box store. People in high density cities loved the shopping experience they found in a suburban Safeways but needed a car to haul the week or two of groceries back home. They had no car, no parking and little need for one. But they wanted a local Safeways. But does the Supermarket model work for one person shopping daily? Does Safeway need to build a parking lot in a high density environment where land prices are skyhigh? When do they decide to sell up and take their profits out of the land?

The internet has also been driving people to shop less in person and buy more at home. It is less tiring on the feet and you are actually likely to find what you were looking for. Working on line has been a thing for a while now.

Covid just kind of accelerated an existing trend.

But all those service jobs for the poorly skilled disappeared with the lack of street traffic. Uber drivers became a thing to deliver goods to people rather than people to goods and jobs.

Add in an international mass migration event and new poorly skilled people striving to reach destinations that are not the cities they saw in the movies but were, instead cities that are due for another of their periodic reinventions and you have an unpleasant city with desparate people.

Those people need people to survive. They will live by trading services. They won't find it profitable to supply those services in low density suburbia or out on the prairies.

Beyond that I am out of thoughts...

Cheers.

Back