• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

So it is way passed time that this speaker resigns. He should have after his last partisan gaff but I can’t see how he can maintain confidence when this keeps happening.
I can, its called the Supply and Confidence Agreement.

The Speaker is supposed to be impartial. The issue is that the LPC has continually moved that goal post when convenient and pulled the NDP along for the ride.

From the onset, Fergus was too embedded into the LPC establishment for my liking. This now has shown my concerns were founded.

Last edited:
I can, its called the Supply and Confidence Agreement.
That didn’t save the last speaker. And it’s immaterial to the confidence the house has in the Speaker.
The Speaker is supposed to be impartial. The issue is that the LPC has continually moved that goal post when convenient and pulled the NDP along for the ride.

From the onset, Fergus was too embedded into the LPC establishment for my liking. This now has shown my c9ncerns were founded.
All correct.

That didn’t save the last speaker.
International gaffe vs Parliamentary impartiality. The last Speaker took the fall for the PM, the current one is working well to move the agenda along.

And it’s immaterial to the confidence the house has in the Speaker.
It is when removal of the Speaker is put to a vote, as was the situation with the CPC motion to remove Fergus.

Meanwhile, the 'happiness gap' is astronomical ;)

Ranked: Countries Where Youth are the Most Unhappy, Relative to Older Generations​

Conventional wisdom says, and data somewhat correlates, that young adults (those below 30) tend to be the happiest demographic. Happiness then decreases through middle age and starts increasing around 60. However, the above countries are digressing from the pattern, with older generations being much happier than young adults.

That older generations are happier, by itself, is not a bad thing. However, that younger adults are so much unhappier in the same country can point to several unique stresses that those aged below 30 are facing.

For example, in the U.S. and Canada—both near the top of this list—many young adults feel like they have been priced out of owning a home: a once key metric of success.

Climate anxieties are also high, with worries about the future of the world they’ll inhabit. Finally, persistent economic inequities are also weighing on the younger generation, with many in that cohort feeling like they will never be able to afford to retire.

All of this comes alongside a rising loneliness epidemic, where those aged 18–25 report much higher rates of loneliness than the general population.

Meanwhile, the 'happiness gap' is astronomical ;)

Ranked: Countries Where Youth are the Most Unhappy, Relative to Older Generations​

Conventional wisdom says, and data somewhat correlates, that young adults (those below 30) tend to be the happiest demographic. Happiness then decreases through middle age and starts increasing around 60. However, the above countries are digressing from the pattern, with older generations being much happier than young adults.

That older generations are happier, by itself, is not a bad thing. However, that younger adults are so much unhappier in the same country can point to several unique stresses that those aged below 30 are facing.

For example, in the U.S. and Canada—both near the top of this list—many young adults feel like they have been priced out of owning a home: a once key metric of success.

Climate anxieties are also high, with worries about the future of the world they’ll inhabit. Finally, persistent economic inequities are also weighing on the younger generation, with many in that cohort feeling like they will never be able to afford to retire.

All of this comes alongside a rising loneliness epidemic, where those aged 18–25 report much higher rates of loneliness than the general population.

That way lies revolution.....

Could be because young people are tied to their phones and don't actually interact outside of their devices.
And where would they interact with peers that isn't already monetized/expensive?

Recreation costs money, or takes time from other endeavours that make money to cover the cost of things like... food, shelter, etc.

No friend, the phones aren't the issue. Its the fact this generation, and I gather a few future ones to boot, will have no respite or recreation until we get out of this economic hole we dug for them.

If it costs less than a pint of beer at the bar to share memes on Discord, I can't begrudge them that.

Seriously. People who are well off with jobs, money and houses still have issues with depression and loneliness. Life is hard. Adapt or die.
Out of curiosity, are your kids old enough yet for you to have had conversations about what they’re gonna do when they grow up and move out, and have to contend with these same pressures of finding good work that will pay for a reasonable standard of living?

Those issues affected everyone (mostly everyone). As far as being lonely and unhappy, that's just a state of mind.
To paraphrase Troy McClure: Be happy, stupid!

Could be because young people are tied to their phones and don't actually interact outside of their devices.
Dude - everyone is tied to their phones. Take a look around any public area and people aged 10-100 will be on their phones. This is not just a “younger generation” thing.

And the younger generation definitely interact outside of their devices. Sports leagues, pub nights, whatever. Maybe not where you are, but that’s more of a location thing.

Seriously. People who are well off with jobs, money and houses still have issues with depression and loneliness. Life is hard. Adapt or die.
Yeah they do, because those are things. If you have a job, are totally rich, and live in a big house (or whatever you think is “perfect”) but work so much that you don’t see anyone, or your family/marriage life is utter crap, then damn right you’ll have depression and loneliness.

Your “solution” is….wow. I’m not even sure how to respond to that.

I have to ask, how is showing basic human empathy considered virtue signalling?

Does nothing in reality.

I feel no empathy for Canadians who voted in this government three times, they got what they deserved. Enjoy your legal pot.

Back