• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

I feel like this hurts, and therefor sewers his re-election chances.

Or! This is a genius move!

They announced it's not a divorce, just a separation, right? So, Trudeau steps down as leader because of family issues. This allows the LPC to replace him without seeming weak and hurting the party overall. They win the next election because all those swing voters who voted LPC in the past but were sick of Trudeau now vote for the LPC under the new leadership. Election over, Sophie and Trudeau announce they have recnciled and the separation is over.

GENIUS.

Post Modern - legal separation
Modern - divorce
Traditional - annulled

Net effect identical.

In our heart of hearts, we all know what's next.

Rolling Stones Ims GIF by Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Studio 54 closed a long time ago.

Looks like JT is going through a separation now
Many of us expected as much, when she quit appearing with him after the last election. Just after that $2.5 million NDA was signed with his previous student. Maybe she got the full measure of who she married. Then the taxpayer built him a new 'gardeners cottage' on the grounds so he had somewhere to stay when he visited. Sophie catching covid from Idris Alba also added to the intrigue.

It's not cricket to put the boots to someone when they are down, but I'm willing to rethink that.

Last edited:
This was circulated as a "conspiracy theory" for the last few years. Maybe Sophie saw an unexplained $2.25M withdrawal from the family finances about the same time the Buffalo Chronicle was suggesting the NDA with a former student at West Point Grey. Online pictures depicting Teacher Trudeau posing with certain students and his hands are in places a teacher ought not put them probably didn't help. But hey I'm sure everything is fine.

Broken promises, broken policy, broken country, broken family.

Then again the average marriage in Canada is 15 years….

Now there are a lot of female voters out there thinking “Hey, I have a shot now!”

Genius!

I kid, I kid…

In all seriousness, divorce/separation is tragic for anyone involved, especially the kids. I hope people are able to keep this out of our politics.

Now there are a lot of female voters out there thinking “Hey, I have a shot now!”

Genius!

I kid, I kid…

In all seriousness, divorce/separation is tragic for anyone involved, especially the kids. I hope people are able to keep this out of our politics.

I just threw up a little...

They announced it's not a divorce, just a separation, right? So, Trudeau steps down as leader because of family issues. This allows the LPC to replace him without seeming weak and hurting the party overall. They win the next election because all those swing voters who voted LPC in the past but were sick of Trudeau now vote for the LPC under the new leadership. Election over, Sophie and Trudeau announce they have recnciled and the separation is over.

GENIUS.
Interesting theory. It hadn’t crossed my mind.

Not sure I would agree with all of it. I doubt that it would be orchestrated to that degree but possibly taken as an opportunity and seizing on it would not be beyond the realm of possible.

They announced it's not a divorce, just a separation, right? So, Trudeau steps down as leader because of family issues. This allows the LPC to replace him without seeming weak and hurting the party overall. They win the next election because all those swing voters who voted LPC in the past but were sick of Trudeau now vote for the LPC under the new leadership. Election over, Sophie and Trudeau announce they have reconciled and the separation is over.

GENIUS.
I somewhat see this the same way. As much as I don't like the guy, if this is a legit separation, I feel (a bit) for the family.

But I also don't trust him one iota. And, given how he has treated/used women in his political life to further his agenda and dealt with those who don't toe his line, something seems fishy, along the lines you have postulated. Is this a sympathy play on his part?

I'll bet that student from West Gray isn't the only woman in his life with a signed NDA.

If we were speaking of an average every day guy I bet he’d be sharing a bed space with others who were a bit handsy….his name gives him a pass

Back