• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not (various polling, etc.)

I wonder how many of the people screaming offered up their prize pig programs for discontinuation at any past time when it was already obvious there was no "new money" for new programs.
1693098604136.gif

I'm not falling on one side or the other. However, I did find much of the interview both interesting and intriguing. If factual, it would explain a lot. I will admit though, for some time even before this video, I have always thought there was truth behind the allegations of underage student sex. Can I prove it? Of course not. If I could, I wouldn't be here, I'd be on a book signing tour.

I'm not falling on one side or the other. However, I did find much of the interview both interesting and intriguing. If factual, it would explain a lot. I will admit though, for some time even before this video, I have always thought there was truth behind the allegations of underage student sex. Can I prove it? Of course not. If I could, I wouldn't be here, I'd be on a book signing tour.

That's the pesky thing about NDA's, it makes proving anything quite the challenge...

I think it's fair to say that...

a) leaving suddenly during the school year, and b) having a student sign an NDA + a monetary payout, equals
c)something happened that shouldn't have

Personally, I'm not sure this is one of those areas where a monetary payout and/or NDA's should not be allowed as a fix. (Depending on which perspective I look at it from)

Seeing as there are, supposedly, copies of it floating around, someone should send it to the Buffalo Chronicle. They'll be more than happy to print and publicize it. Whether they are real or not doesn't matter. They have the balls to print it.

Like I say, I have my suspicions, but that's all they are. However, I fall into the highly probable category, After watching him since 2015, he appears to exactly fit the 'That Guy' image.

NDA's should not be allowed to cover up criminal offences, especially those involving children.

Latest aggregate poll from 338. CPC seat count well into majority territory were an election be today.

I’m sure there is some panic in LPC land despite an election not likely happening any time soon. Good numbers for the CPC to end the summer on before their policy convention and before the house resumes.

Seeing as there are, supposedly, copies of it floating around, someone should send it to the Buffalo Chronicle. They'll be more than happy to print and publicize it. Whether they are real or not doesn't matter. They have the balls to print it.

Like I say, I have my suspicions, but that's all they are. However, I fall into the highly probable category, After watching him since 2015, he appears to exactly fit the 'That Guy' image.

NDA's should not be allowed to cover up criminal offences, especially those involving children.
You said much more elegantly what I had been trying to say 🥂

"I'm not sure this is an area where NDA's should be allowed as a fix" is what my fast fingers & slow brain were trying to communicate - I agree 100%

If I had sex with a minor, and that minor had been entrusted to be under my professional care - I would be charged criminally. And rightfully so.

If I then bribed that minor to not say anything to anybody, then made that person sign an agreement which basically says "If you tell anybody, there will be legal consequences for YOU..." I would most likely be charged further, and again rightfully so

Paying someone money & having them sign a legal document to not rat you out for being a piece of s**t shouldnt be allowed.

NDA's are/should be for legal matters or personal matters that don't involve sexual acts involving minors & the people entrusted to care for them - which I'm assuming as a teacher, he falls into that category

Latest aggregate poll from 338. CPC seat count well into majority territory were an election be today.

I’m sure there is some panic in LPC land despite an election not likely happening any time soon. Good numbers for the CPC to end the summer on before their policy convention and before the house resumes.

Except the LPC has to deal with a second party headquarters and whatever decisions they might make. When does Singh decide to bail? When does the Charlie Angus wing decide to bail?

To be clear, I am not suggesting that Mr. Angus will split from the NDP. I am just noting that, just as the Liberals are not Justin Trudeau, the NDP is not Jagmeet Singh.

Except the LPC has to deal with a second party headquarters and whatever decisions they might make. When does Singh decide to bail? When does the Charlie Angus wing decide to bail?

Singh and company won’t bail until national pharmacare is in place I would think.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that Mr. Angus will split from the NDP. I am just noting that, just as the Liberals are not Justin Trudeau, the NDP is not Jagmeet Singh.
Noted. But the NDP have things they want to see finished before that happens.

Singh and company won’t bail until national pharmacare is in place I would think.

Wanting to get things done and getting things done aren't the same.

Can the NDP force the LPC to pick up the pace so that they can ditch the LPC before they lose all their seats?

Or will the LPC drag things out until they prorogue parliament for the next election?

If I were the Liberals I would retire Trudeau and keep the carrot just in front of the NDP nose until the next election.

Which brings me back to the most auspicious time for the NDP to bail. After Trudeau is retired? Or is that another reason for the LPC trust to keep Trudeau in the shop window?

An opinion piece in the G&M is recommending an immediate and full handgun ban. That would be a nice deflection for the PMJT.

Attachments

• Scandal.jpg
    Scandal.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
Trudeau is long past his expiration date, he needs to be tossed.
That’s up to those with the power to toss him. For the next two years, that’s the NDP. If they don’t see a more advantageous alternative, then they might be willing to let him soften up in the fridge a bit longer.

Precisely this.

Either way, at present the liberals have a good chance of being cooked in the next election unless they can really change the channel. A leadership change in the next year and some really hard campaigning on pragmatic and relatable policy, coupled with aggressive attacks on the CPC might deliver them another minority. If they pull that off, NDP will probably be happy to quid them a prop-up for some pro-quo.

I’m pretty firmly of the opinion at this point that winning again with Trudeau at the helm would be a minor miracle and would require something fundamental to change between now and whenever the election is.

Why would the NDP bail right now? They get the joy of being kingmakers and the perks that go with it. On top of that according to the polls many people are moving away from the Liberals towards the Conservatives and NDP. What benefit is there in the NDP leaving?

Right now the Liberals are taking all the blame, helping progress the NDPs goals, and the frustrated are running into the NDPs hands. That sounds like a win on all fronts for them.

Why would the NDP bail right now? They get the joy of being kingmakers and the perks that go with it. On top of that according to the polls many people are moving away from the Liberals towards the Conservatives and NDP. What benefit is there in the NDP leaving?

Right now the Liberals are taking all the blame, helping progress the NDPs goals, and the frustrated are running into the NDPs hands. That sounds like a win on all fronts for them.

Are you sure about your trend towards the NDP from the Liberals?

From my read of the polls that @Remius posted from 338 it would seem that the NDP is generally holding its core vote of 18%, although there seems to be some minor slippage recently, but its seat projection seems to be slipping.

T

Personally, I'm not sure this is one of those areas where a monetary payout and/or NDA's should not be allowed as a fix. (Depending on which perspective I look at it from)
You're just experiencing it differently. FWIW NDAs in criminal matters should be outlawed.

I'll be honest, I tend not to follow the polls too closely when it comes to Canadian politics.

For far too many years I have watched poll after poll after poll indicate one thing while everybody I come across in society (work, social, just out & about) seem to feel the exact opposite of what the polls do.

That being said, I can't see a ton of people running away from the Liberals towards the NDP - not with their current relationship the way it is.

As long as one of them is willing to vote in favour of the other on ideas extremely unpopular with the public, it really doesn't matter if they are 2 different parties or not.

Back