• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Truth Duty Valor on DVD

bbupd

Inactive
Reaction score
TV Show: Truth Duty Valor

Just caught the last part of an episode last night. Seems like a really cool series. Anyone else been watching it?

Sorry if its a report.. havent been online much.

Yeah, the show is definitely a good watch. It shows some intense exercises and training that each element goes through. Funny name for a show though seeing that Truth, Duty, Valour is the motto for RMC. You‘d think it would be more about that institution.

There was a thread not long ago listing the nights when TDV is on. Try a search and you should be able to find it. :)

You can find the times it‘s on in each region at their website.

http://www.truthdutyvalour.ca/

Did a search...didn‘t find what I was looking for. Specifically, I‘d like to know when the Damage Control episode is going to be on. I did it a few years ago and it was a hoot!
Does anyone know when that episode will be on? I‘d love to reminisce!

It know it‘s been on once already, I can‘t figure out the programming schedule, chances are it‘ll be on again.

Outdoor Life Network (OLN)
TV Schedule (Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern, Atlantic, Newfoundland):
http://www.tsn.ca/oln/Schedule.asp?Channel=OLN&ShowDate=Mar%2014%202004&TZ=0

:)

The Outdoor Life Network has gone way off the original schedual for TDV.

I‘ve been trying to watch it, but they keep changing the showing times, and they keep throwing in reruns. I stayed up late on Thursday night to watch the Helicopter episode that was schedualed on the OLN TV listings. It turned out to be a rerun of the urban warfare episode.

I missed yesterdays shows that were supposed to be about sniper training, and I‘m crossing my fingers that they will actualy show it on Thursday.

The TDV site will tell you that the show airs on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. But in my region (Toronto) it does not air on Wednesday, or Sunday any more. Your best bet is to check out the week long schedual on the OLN web site.

As for the damage control episode, that one was on about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It‘s possible that they will rerun it at some point though, so I‘d just keep my eye on the schedual.

Don‘t they air the same episode all week and then move to the following episode on the next Saturday?

No, the scheduling appears to be messed up, what with hockey/other sports on.

I wanted to catch the helicoptor episode yesterday, but was nowhere near a television at the scheduled times - being in Shilo at the time :soldier: -

and the rerun spot tonight was replaced with a dog show!!!! :mad:

I hope it plays later this week...

You should be able to catch it again on Wednesday... well usually... :p

They have been showing bull riding (not kidding) on wednesday, and instead putting it on thursdays at 9pm. Its weird that they screw up the scheduling so much. It makes it hard for a casual viewer to get in to it. You have to really be into the military and work on searching out the bloody show...

Saturday mornings 0600 EST folks! LOL Can‘t play any safer than that... put the VCR on, go for a good run... watch it later:)
Yes, I gotta admit last week was a re-run about the Vandoos but all other week was on schedule though

I was expecting the sniper episode also. Instead it was about the Tactical Pilot‘s course for the Griffon. I‘ve a renewed interest after watching that episode. I like flying low. Something surprised me recently, figure I‘ll toss it out here. I‘m applying for a MARS(r) position. It should compliment my educational plans for the next few years. To my mind, making a committment to the navy is a done deal. When my education is completed and I‘m ready to remuster over, I assumed that I‘d be going into a MARS position. This is a possibility. The recruiters mentioned that it doesn‘t have to be so. Remustering to reg force does not neccessarily restrict one to their current trade. They asked if I would be interested in a Pilot position, or at least to keep an open mind to it, etc... This seemed unusual to me, why spend the next 3-4 years training to be a MARS officer, only to start over as a pilot? Wouldn‘t it make more sense to carry on in the trade I will be doing? That‘s my thinking. Apparently it doesn‘t have to be that way. So it‘s something to think about. I miss being in a cockpit and I‘d enjoy flying rotary, but that‘s a decision to make a few years from now.

Odd how this system works eh? Trained infantry, return as a MARS and then switch to pilot? WTH, might as well try the food on each base I suppose.

Good chance at the time I‘ll just continue on w/ MARS, I‘m getting too old for all of this retraining.

I was just wondering, for all those who watched the para course episode, why did all those new CF members get access to the course within 1 year of BMQ?

I missed the first 10 minutes, I don‘t know if they gave the answer to my question in that segment or not.

What did interest me is that they did exceptionaly well (5 retests), so that even that one hard *** instructor expressed that he was suprised and impressed.
It seems that they did as well or better than courses filled with people who worked their asses off to get into it and who have been in the CF for at least 3 years.

I have to say, I‘m not even in the CF (yet), and I felt that it was unfair that this group got pushed ahead of everyone waiting to get on that course.
Maybe there was a valid reason why they got into it, but I didn‘t hear one.

Yeah, I just watched that episode myslef, I will most likely be going on the course myself in the summer, so it was a very informative thing for me.

I have to say, I‘m not even in the CF (yet), and I felt that it was unfair that this group got pushed ahead of everyone waiting to get on that course.
They may have been in a jump company, so they actually need to get the training to perform their duties in the company, as opposed to someone else you wants to take the course.

Originally posted by Infanteer:
[qb]
They may have been in a jump company, so they actually need to get the training to perform their duties in the company, as opposed to someone else you wants to take the course. [/qb]
One guy actually said he‘d get the boots from his company (parachute company)if he didn‘t get his wings. One other dude said he was amazed he got the course so early in his career. Luck of the draw perhaps.

Back