• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Truth Duty Valor on DVD

I see, so its possible to picked up by a parachute company straight out of MOC training?

Is this strictly luck of the draw subject only to openings requiring immediate replacement?
Or are those openings filled by carefully selected candidates selected based on their demonstrated superior performance?

Would it make any difference whatsoever having some skydiving experience prior to enlistment?

having skydiving experiance doesnt mean much to the airborne from what I‘ve heard
example
http://3rcrparacoy.homestead.com/LEG.html

as for getting into the Jump Coy straight out of MOC training, depends, for example with the infantry, if your on a 3rd Battalion run BIQ, they sometimes offer the jump course(and airborne coy, if theres an opening I assume) to the top canditdate, as for other ways of fast tracking into the airborne, I dunno

its easiery for a reg force infanteer to get the course, then other trades though from what I hear

LOL, that link is funny.

I totally hear the message too. I saw a couple of pretty hard landings on that episode of TDV. You don‘t really hit that hard in skydiving unless you forget to flare, flare high, or have a slow speed malfunction of some sort.
I‘m guessing all that gear has a lot to do with it.

Anyway, I‘ve never done a night jump either, but I can imagine it‘s really intense. I felt nervous for those guys just watching it.

As for "experience" I realise that "parachuting" and "skydiving" are different skill sets and that really the only advantage civilian skydives could offer a person, is the knowledge that you won‘t freeze up or panic when your turn comes to get out of the plane.

That almost never happens anyway though, and the advantage would be gone after everyone has their first jump under their belt. After that, people can hardly keep themselves IN the plane, they want to jump out again so bad.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I guess its pretty much what I expected.

Does anyone know where I could get Truth Duty Valor on DVD. I checked amazon.ca and searched the internet and this forum and have come up dry. I loved watching that show.

It is a good series, and is made in cooperation with the CF - I'm just wondering if the CF has capitalized on this opportunity to utilize these indepth documentaries as resources available at the CFRC or in recruiting drives. Seems that they have covered alot of the trades or activities of the CF quite well...

It is a good series just wish they sold the DVD seasons at some where like Sam the record man never been comfortable with buying stuff on line .

My Guidance councelor at school had these on DVD given to him by the recruiting center. Guess they just don't use them as much as you would think.

Has anyone else noticed the price tag? Normaly a tv series goes for about 50 dollars a season... these are going for 60 dollars for 3 episodes...

At risk of a serious necropost : Anyone have any luck in the past couple trips around the sun buying these episodes?  The link to the website is dead, and no where online can I seem to find the entire episode lineup for viewing or purchase. 

I have a few episodes but I would like the entire bundle. 

Are you sure you scoured the usual online sources, and could find the complete package?

Thus far no luck.  I am continuing to give it a solid effort but so far no indication of any retailers or publishers. 

Will certainly post if I find anything, but if anyone has had luck please do share. 

Best

Only a handful of episodes (5 or so) are available, and although quite a few others (thought not all) show up in search results on YouTube, they are often 1-5 minute clips and not entire episodes. 

I've looked pretty extensively for links (that aren't broken such as the TDV website) and retailers, so far no luck. 

Will try and contact the producer next I think.  Will post results. 

If anyone has any luck please do share.

Best

I just noticed Mike Bobbitt did an interview with Colin McKeown - producer of the series - a little while back. 

http://army.ca/forums/threads/4556.0/nowap.html

I will message Mike and see if he has any contact info or could maybe point me in the right direction. 

Cheers

*edited to Spell Bobbitt correctly*

Back