• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trying to get a Application Status and nothing

wow456

Inactive
Reaction score
It is my understanding you can do this. When trying to get a Application Status it seems I am getting noting or the run around. When I emailed Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters I was told to get in contact with the reserve unit . When trying to get in contact with a reserve unit after trying to email and even making a phone call, I cannot seem to get anything on it. I did send a email about three weeks ago and a phone call about a week ago to no answers to both.

I did pay a visit to the recruitment office, I am told nothing to that matter and was told to contact the unit. At this point I am thinking it isn't going to happen at all since I cannot get in contact with any of the recruiters in the unit. 

Any suggestions? Right now I am just getting the run around.

Good Day,

With Primary Reserve recruiting getting information during the summer can be difficult.  Most units "shut down" in June for summer training, further depending on which unit you're trying to join the staff of that unit could be gone all summer teaching. 

CFRG HQ and the CFRC's do not control Reserve files, our only involvement is processing the CFAT, medical, interview, security checks but at to moving your file that is the responsibility of the unit you're wishing to join. 

If you wish to send me a private message with your name and unit, I can try to reach out to your Reserve Unit to find out when your Unit Recruiter will return; this way you'll have a reasonable expectation of when your file will get actioned.

Best Regards,
Sgt Laen

If I was to do this, do they have other contact methods before I do? Like website or even a social media page if I wanted to ask directly?

If not how long are the applications keep and processed if they are on shut down?  It was submitted  the first week of June? I might be at the point of just giving up.  I know they have it and that is it and I did get a call week later it was processed. When do they start up again if it just summer?

I really do not want to blow by asking to many times. I feel like I am at this point and it kind of getting pointless.

As far as the application is concerned, this will stay on file for quite a while... don't work about it falling off the system or being closed out while sitting on the side burner for the summer.

As Sergeant Laen mentioned, most of the reserve units take a break for the summer. I am currently in the midst of my application to a Reserve Unit myself, and they had informed me that even though I am basically at the end of the application process (I have completed the FORCE, CFAT, Medical, Unit interview, CFRC interview, background/reference check...) I most likely will not be hearing anything for a few months as the unit is very understaffed in the summer. The Units are usually either teaching or training for the summer months, and Reserve Units (or at least the one I am applying to) only do parade night from September to May. You can continue to leave messages or email, but don't feel discouraged or ignored just because no one has gotten back to you yet. Once September comes around and the Units are back to full force for the most part, communication and response time should pick up quite a bit.

This is just the first of many waiting periods throughout the application process, so try not to take too much offence to people not getting back to you right away on everything. I submitted my online application last October. It was January before I was contacted by the Unit for an information session, and didn't finish up my medical and interview until late June. By the time September comes around and staffing is back to normal and I (hopefully) get the call for enrollment/swearing in, it will have been around a year process for the whole thing. At the beginning its frustrating but once you realize the abundance of files they are going through, and the lack of staff they have, you get an understanding for them taking a little longer to respond and move forward with things.

So I won't be able to find out anything at all? I getting work around, I am told one thing and still another. Is there anyway to find out anything when I was told to contact someone? I am getting around or at least I feel I am. Is any way to find out open or not?

Relax and be patient. As has been said, a couple of times now, there is very little (if anything) that happens at most Reserve units during the summer months as the vast majority of people are away on various courses or taskings. While you wait, you can brush up on fitness and explore this Site for useful information and tips.

So I did find out something , far as I know the file is Open and thanks for the useful tips  :nod:

Back