• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trying to re-open my application

Goose15

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to apply for W Eng Tech – NCM STEP. Firstly, I was wondering if the CAF currently hiring W Eng Techs through this entry program.

For background: I originally applied in 2013 for this but was informed that the entry program was closed. So I was counseled to apply for ROTP. Due to processing delays I was counseled back to NCM unskilled.  After long pre-sec delays I gave up and I decided to have my application closed in August 2014.

Now after some time I was ready to reopen my application to NCM – STEP. However, I am currently in another city. After doing some searching and asking some questions, I went to my local CFRC and spoke to a Recruiter who told me that I would need to reapply online again. After several questions posted by me he told me to *call* my previous recruiting centre in Hamilton and tell them to open my file and have it transfered to Winnipeg. So I said okay and started on my way home.

I then called my old CFRC and asked for my file to be reopened and transferred, but then they told me that I needed to go to my local CFRC and *fill out forms* to have them transferred, okay no problem. Then they too told me your file, however, will not be reopened. You will have to submit a new online application. Then once your local CFRC contacts you will have to go in and write the transfer request.

I am now at a complete loss as to how to proceed and was hoping someone could give me some clear guidance.

Good day Goose15,

W Eng Tech is currently open for application/processing for the NCM-STEP entry plan that you are interested in. As part of the processing for this entry plan you must be unconditionally accepted, or be currently enrolled, as a fulltime student in an electronic engineering program at a post-secondary institution approved by the CAF. There are numerous Colleges and institutes across Canada approved by the CAF for which I am only going to list the two in your current province Assiniboine Community College and Red River Community College. The program of study is the “Electronics Technician Program common Core”

Canadian Forces Recruiting Group Headquarters has sent out a direction that an applicant who has a closed file for which they would like to reopen will not be required to reapply online if the applicant is requesting the file to be reopened within 1 year from the date that the file closed. The recruiting center holding the applicants file will reopen the file and continue processing for selected entry plan and occupations. In your specific case you have also moved to another area and require your application to be transferred to your local recruiting center.

When an applicant indicates a file exists at another CFRC/Det (As you have done when you went into CFRC Det Winnipeg), it must be requested as soon as possible in order to verify any previous processing. Therefore the Recruiting Clerk responsible for the current file (The Recruiting Clerk at CFRC Det Winnipeg) is to send an email to the CFRC/Det holding the previous file (CFRC Det Hamilton) to request that it be reopened and transferred to CFRC Det Winnipeg. It is also recommended that a telephone call be placed to the Recruiting Centre and a verbal request be made to the Recruiting Clerk at CFRC Det Hamilton.

You may be required to fill out a file transfer request form through CFRC Det Winnipeg in order to initiate this request. 

Master Corporal Steven said:
Good day Goose15,
in order to initiate this request.

Thank you very much for your assistance Master Corporal Steven.

Back