• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UFC Stuff - Merged

Bisbing is the worse type of fighter , he lacks the class to admit when the other fighter did a better job. From what I saw Bisbing will not stay undefeated for to long. As soon as the UFC puts him in with any fighter that is half good such as KOS he will go down in a big way.  :skull:

Someone bring in Shogun plz.

Would love to see Japanese fighters like Kasuraba (though I think he's pretty much past his prime) mix it up in US too

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Anyway to sum up the story, when they announced that desicion I looked at my buddy and said in all seriousness that he could never insult professional wrestling again as the outcome of this fight held the same amount of credibility as a wrestling match.............................and all he could do was nod.
For years they've wanted to have the same credibility as mainstream sports, like boxing and figure skating. Now they have it.

Well, not the fight is over, I have to say..if Bisping won, so did Cro cop....what a travesty. I could see Bisping maybe winning the third just by way of aggression and will to finish the fight in the last 30 seconds. But theres no way he won the first or second, IMHO.

The Cro Cop fight was a push pull for me. I'm not a fan of his but was really excited to see him in the UFC, he is a great fighter but now a great dissappointment.

Cant' wait until the 22nd.

So, any UFC fans out there?  Just curious as to who everyone thinks will win the Matt Serra/ GSP fight?  We are having a UFC party on party Saturday night, it looks like a great line up.  Looking forward to it. Hopefully this next fight is a little longer than the last.   I'm hoping GSP wins.  I think they are both great fighters, Matt just kinda gets on my nerves for some reason. What do you think?

Definitely GSP!! Looking forward to watching this weekend!

I'm just going to a friend's house, drinking and cheering on the blood!

GSP, without a doubt. He's just too good. He dominated Hughes in his last fight and is completely focused on Sera. His standup is solid, his ground game has always been outstanding, and he's shown some amazing judo throws as of late. I wouldn't get my hopes up about the fight lasting too long...

I'm going with GSP but I don't think he will walk right thru him 30 seconds in the first round.  Serra might have a grating personality but he is no slouch.  I don't think Serra can stand with GSP in a stand up fight, so I'd be betting he goes/tries to go to the ground if GSP's legs are dialed in that night.  Hughes couldn't match his kicks.  I don't think Serra can either.

Franklin is on the card.  Interesting to see how he does.  Has he fought since Silva KOd him in Round 2 of their rematch?

I am also hoping for GSP, but Serra's ground game is considered to be amongst the very best in MMA. I am with Eye In The Sky on this one, Serra is not likely to try to stand with GSP.

I kinda like Serra to be honest.  I'm pulling for GSP but he better not EXPECT to win like last time, he may have to work a little for it.

You know it's funny, everyone always thinks GSP is a striker and well he has a great standing game...But you know he trains Renzo Gracie and with the Olympic wrestling team... He out wrestled Koschek THE Wrestler on the ground.....

The whole card look good.  I just hope that the GSP/Serra fight goes a little longer than the last one.  Also looking forward to the Franklin/Luter fight. 

BulletMagnet said:
You know it's funny, everyone always thinks GSP is a striker and well he has a great standing game...But you know he trains Renzo Gracie and with the Olympic wrestling team... He out wrestled Koschek THE Wrestler on the ground.....

So you don't think his stand up is superior to Serra's?

I'm hoping on a GSP victory, as well. Can anyone answer this, I heard GSP was formerly a VanDoo, is this true.?

krustyrl said:
I'm hoping on a GSP victory, as well. Can anyone answer this, I heard GSP was formerly a VanDoo, is this true.?
From what I have searched, no. But, I may be wrong.

Baker

Back