• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UN is rotten to the core

evolutionrules said:
  when people are wrong they should be criticized.

Don't worry.  I'm sure you will be.

But I leave that to the more experienced members as I don't
have time to cut this up and dissect the mis truths, abuse of statistics
and out to date information.

Trinity said:
Don't worry.  I'm sure you will be.

But I leave that to the more experienced members as I don't
have time to cut this up and dissect the mis truths, abuse of statistics
and out to date information.

What, you mean you have a life?

...Now this is disappointing, when the padre has more to do on Saturday night than I do...

As for evolutionrules, he's clearly proven that, as a good lefty (talks like one, stinks like one, must be one), he's immune to logical arguments and the truth, so I'm not going to waste time with his fallacious arguments.

ok i give up.  everything is perfect.  bush, cheney and rumsfeld were right about everything.  the war has been executed flawlessly.  if that's what you want to hear then you got it.  good luck.

Evolutionrules:
A quote for you from the owner of this site, I highly suggest that you get a grip on yourself and start reading before posting.

Vernpol

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-35410.html#msg35410
Please note that we do not wish to censor posts. In fact, it's just the opposite. As long as we keep things civil, there should be no need to close topics or delete posts. We don't want to limit subject matter either. We have the benefit of being outside the official umbrella, and can therefore discuss a wider array of topics, if we take certain precautions. It's not content so much as delivery that is usually the problem.

Army.ca is an Unofficial Site

Army.ca is in no way connected to DND or the CF. Army.ca does not represent policy of the Canadian Forces in any way, and does not claim to do so. Opinions expressed on these pages are the sole responsibility of the individual posters, who may or may not be members of the Canadian Forces or other military or civilian organisations.

Protecting the CF Image

First and foremost, we're all representatives of the CF. We may not want to be, but ultimately, we don't have the luxury of choice. The truth is when you post a message even on an unofficial site like this, your comments reflect upon the CF. That's not to say we can't bemoan the current state of affairs - it's a soldier's age old right to complain. But let's keep it clean and dignified.

There's no way for a casual visitor to tell that you're "not in uniform, so these comments are mine." To a visitor, we are all a cross section of what the CF has to offer, which in many ways is a correct assumption. If all they see is a horde of posts rife with profanity and personal attacks, the CF gets a bad reputation. As we've witnessed many times in the past, the public relations fallout from problems with the CF can have consequences well beyond those involved. With so many hard working professionals in the CF, it would be a shame to have the name tarnished here.

Expectation of Respect between Users

All visitors, regardless of age, rank or experience are to be treated as equal unless their conduct dictates otherwise. That means the veteran servicemember and the green private are to assume that they have as much to benefit from the other as they have to offer the other until a reason to contrary is made known. Age, nor number of years excuses anyone from behaving in a manner that isn't civil and polite.

Personal Attacks

Army.ca has a zero tolerance policy for personal attacks, whether against another Army.ca member or a public figure. Posts that contain a personal attack should be summarily deleted, and the user should normally receive a warning. Personal attacks detract from the professionalism of the site and can sometimes cause serious problems for Army.ca as a whole.

Profanity

Profanity is strongly discouraged.

Generally, there is a better way to express yourself than through the use of profanity, especially on the Internet where it can be hard to determine the intended tone. However, we recognize that Army.ca attracts a certain type of visitor, and that not all discussion topics are "family friendly" here by their nature. Still, profanity should not be "overused." There may be occasions where profanity is appropriate to underline your point or reinforce your emotion, however these should be few and far between. Please keep it within the bounds of civil society. There is an automatic censor system in effect by default, so those who are not concerned with profanity can simply disable it in their profile, while others can leave it enabled. In an effort to preserve civility, don't swear:

excessively
for the sake of swearing
at someone else or as part of a personal attack
to be obscene or extremely vulgar
in the Cadet Forum (this is for young visitors, and has a zero tolerance policy)
If you break the rule in one of these ways, your post will be edited by the staff. If you have had profanity edited out of one of your posts, please don't argue why it didn't exactly fit one of the above criteria: if it was removed, it was inappropriate. If you habitually misuse profanity, you may receive a warning as per the warning system.

Public Profiles

I strongly encourage you to fill out all the sections of your public profile that you're comfortable with. We respect your privacy and won't force you to fill out your profile if you don't want to. Bear in mind though, that the amount of identifyable info in your profile will increase your general credibility here. Those with empty profiles are much harder to verify and will have to put a lot more effort into building a credible presence here.

Unfortunately, we've had some cases where a visitor tries to exaggerate or invent stellar military experience. ("I was a special forces sniper, but I can't tell you about that as my file is sealed...") Please. Don't insult us with this drivel. It is always painfully obvious what your real experience is, and we're impressed with quiet professionalism, not open bragging. These guys inevitably get forced out in the open and eventually leave the forums in disgrace.

Cooperation with Directing Staff (Moderators)

In order to keep things running smoothly, the Directing Staff take an active role in day to day operations. We've found that some users are surprised by this "hands on" approach, especially those who are used to sites where moderators are not heavily involved. It is expected that everyone using this site will respect the authority given to the Staff. They volunteer their time and have been selected based on a prooven track record at this site. They are charged with the policing of this site. Diplomatic criticism and debate of their role is accepted and encouraged. However, any hostile challenges to their authority will not be tolerated. If you feel you have been treated inappropriately, please send me a Private Message (PM) including details on the incident.

Professional Authors, Journalists, Retailers and Public Personalities

While authors, journalists, retailers, etc are encouraged to participate in the Forums, posts with the express purpose of self-promotion will be removed unless prior permission from the site owner has been granted. Interested parties should review the advertising options offered by Army.ca.

Posting to the Boards

You are responsible for everything that you post and the tone in which it is posted.

The forums are completely public, meaning anyone can come here at any time and review the comments we make. Among the over 6,000 visitors we get every day are members of the press, senior DND officials and a slew of civilians. Visitors to this site range in age, but it is not at all uncommon for 14 year olds to visit, looking for information on a possible career choice. Bear in mind that messages here are never pruned. What you say now will be available on-line for years to come, easily found via search engines all over the Internet.

So before you post, imagine you're in uniform, talking to a room full of the press, 14 year old kids, your CO, and your grandmother.

In a nutshell, the hard and fast rules are as follows:

You will not post sensitive or non-public information.
You will not post any information that is offensive, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You will not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this site.
You will not post any material which is knowingly false.
You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations.
You will not post links to sites whose content is in violation of the above rules.
You will not attempt to bypass or subvert any of site controls or functions.
You will not spam the boards. This is usually described as making the same post over and over, or the same post to multiple forums or threads.
You will not become an administrative burdento the Staff by intentionally or unintentionally creating signficant work for them through your actions.
Postings which are deemed inappropriate may be modified or removed.
You will not troll the boards or feed the trolls. This is making posts that intentionally create hostile arguments, or responding to such posts in the same hostile tone.
You will not have multiple forum accounts without prior permission.
You will not use excessive webspeak, or other shorthand styles of typing. Please use English or French to the best of your ability; this makes it easier for those who are not posting in their native language.
You will properly attribute any quotes to the appropriate author or speaker.
Users that ignore these rules or otherwise act inappropriately may be placed on warning or banned.
You should report any post that is in violation of any of these guidelines or common sense to the moderators. We occasionally miss things, and it can be vigilant site members that allow us to keep the site moving smoothly and even remove content that is not legally appropriate.

Privacy

For details on Army.ca and your privacy, please see the Army.ca Privacy Policy.

Terms and Conditions

All users and visitors are required to read and agree with the Army.ca Terms and Conditions.

Applicability

The above rules apply to all communications and interactions involving Army.ca, public or private. This includes posts, private messages, contributions, uploads etc.

To sum up:

Use your common sense when posting.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Army.ca Staff

evolutionrules said:
ok i give up.  everything is perfect.  bush, cheney and rumsfeld were right about everything.  the war has been executed flawlessly.  if that's what you want to hear then you got it.  good luck.

It's not so much what we want to hear; it's what we don't want to hear.

And what we don't want to hear is the same old tired bullshit that's been spewed since about April 2003: Bushitler is evil, Iraq is a quagmire, all hail the Democrats, 9/11 was Bushitler's fault, Clinton is God, the Democrats will make everything better, and most of the other stuff you said.

evolutionrules said:
if that's what you want to hear then you got it

They have differents opinions then yours. What they want to read is :
facts and references, not assumptions. As yours opinions are very
differents then theirs, I think LOTS of facts and references would be helpful ...

Throwing the towel like a child in a tantrum won't be.

ok...

instead of being whiny (and me being snotty)

Provide these "facts" you claim.
See... telling US to look up YOUR facts...  doesn't go over well.
If you can't substantiate what you are talking about as "fact" then
it's opinion.

That is why you were/are being jumped on.  Because until you provide
from credible and recent sources your facts...  it's not credible.

So you provided one source for once statistic.  Go back and find more relevant
sources for your claims... and then we can discuss it.

For example, you say 20 generals think the war has gone wrong.  Sure.. ok.
How many retired generals are there in the USA.  Hrm.  I don't have a source
for that but I would think that number would be at least in the thousands.  So
if only 20 spoke out... it's not really a big number as it would originally seem.

So, you provide the information you deem as fact from credible sources and
someone here will be glad to tell you the other side of the story.  Mind you,
if after reading Down Unders post... about IRAQ and well.. he's actually there
and you dismiss it... I don't know what else to say.

Allow me to demonstrate your sophistry.

1 September 1939.  Germany invades Poland.
7 December 1941.  Pearl Harbour.
30 April 1945.  Hitler ingests a small lump of lead.
7 May 1945.  Germany surrenders.
17 Aug 1945.  Japan surrenders.

20 March 2003.  America invades Iraq.
17 December 2006.  Today's date.

Since you've brought up World War Two, perhaps you should consider other things, including post-war occupation of defeated countries.

Edit:
As this seems to be an American-centric argument, I added the attacks and declarations of war on and by the USA. Still don't add up.

evolutionrules said:

Hummm.

Seems every one of your 7 posts you have created seem to spew a bit of an attitude from the get go.

Just remember its your credibility on here, not ours. If you want to make a fool out of yourself, keep going. Left, right, or in the middle, we all have opinions, but the way you present yourself tells me/us that your balls have not dropped, and you have an agenda.

Many have lost people close to us in this war, and thats the nature of the beast, people die, some most horribly and slow, others more quickly, again the nature of the beast. sad but true.

I can say in our business, violence is never personal, its just business. I get no sense of power pointing my rifle at a 12 yr old. No such thing as a war monger in the real world, just in arm chair roles in front of computer games back in a safe place. Many brave men and valour goes on here all the time, and many heros too, but those are the ones who go home in the aluminium coffins.

But I will end in saying about the WMD theory. What if it was much more serious than we even thought, and we did nothing, and something bad happened in a big western city, then what would you be saying?

Or if Saddam supported something so evil and wicked, again funding a major event against the west, and it happened, then what would you say?

Do you think I want to be here? Ya, I volunteered for this special role we have here, as we all did, then we were hand picked from that group. No real soldier wants war, but at times its necessary so even people like you can live free, and we can also give that freedon to others.

So, don't go using this site to preach your anti-Bush, anit-governemnt, anti-war sewerage, if you want to do that there is plenty of other sites to choose from.

Yet disgusted again,

Wes

i'm not anti war, anti military or even anti bush.  i'm anti stupidity.  want to find WMD?  invade north korea.  i support that.  strategic strikes of iran.  i support that.  completely destroying the tribal regions in pakistan (and therefore a lot of taliban).  i support that.  invading iraq.  i tentatively supported that (the weapons inspectors, after all, were saying no WMD).  but i don't believe in giving politicians blind support when thay clearly made numerous mistakes.  i don't care if they are right or left.  the soldiers deserve better.  i can't believe no one has the balls to even admit that things haven't gone well.  i support every soldier in iraq.  and their families back home.  but to not even question whether or not things are going as well as they could is crazy.  and undemocratic.  whether you're a republican or a democrat.

evolutionrules,

Please let me put this in plain english as you obviously haven't read the refs I provided you with earlier and choose instead to continue spouting your rhetoric:

Use *ucking capitalization!! Clear enough??

Just to add my observations of the ongoing discussion (as the guy who posted the column and wrote the letter in response), it's amazing how fast the conversation declines into nonsense, once the Bush-bashing starts.  The problems with the UN predate George Dubya by at least a generation.

Kofi Annan's obtuse remarks notwithstanding, the United States and "the coalition of the willing" have done the people of Iraq and the rest of the world a favour by removing Saddam Hussein from the stage and his sons from the planet.  Clearly, things in Iraq are not optimal, but imagine what will happen if Hollywood, the lib-left media and the Democrats in the USA get their way and the US military is forced/starved out of Iraq. 

Note to evolutionrules:  Don't put too much stock in opinion polls of soldiers in the field.  Soldiers always *****.  It's their right, under the circumstances. 

With respect to concentrating on Afghanistan and winning the battle there, our boys are doing quite well against the Taliban in the south, thank you.  Imagine how many more terrorists the Taliban could import to help their cause against our efforts to bring stability to the region, if they weren't otherwise occupied, fighting the "great Satan" in Iraq.

Finally, on Friday I was privileged to meet a young man who was home on leave from Afghanistan, where he has been at the "pointy end" of things since August.  He reports that they're getting the job done over there.  Not without a cost in lives lost and others forever altered by wounds suffered.  They need our support, not a bunch of hand-wringing and introspective self-doubt.  I'll be seeing my own son off to Afghanistan in February.  I can tell you that he doesn't give a rat's *ss about the politics.  He only cares about the other guys in his section and watching his arcs.  He'll gladly leave the political discussions to old farts like me.

I've enjoyed many of the more intelligent posts on both sides of the issue, (you know who you are).  As for evolutionrules; perhaps you might want to visit another site.  This one is for grown-ups.

AKA Sam's husband

I'll stop posting.  Didn't mean to upset anyone.  Before I go I would like to say how proud my family and I are of all you Canadian soldiers.  You guys are the best soldiers in the world and the best group of people I have ever met in my entire life.  I support you guys 100% and you should know that there is at least on car driving around Los Angeles with the Canadian version of "support the troops" magnets and window stickers.  I truely hope that no one was insulted by my comments as that was the last thing i intended.  I apologize if this was the case but I do not apologize for my beliefs.  I do believe I am correct about Iraq and I thank you for fighting for my right to express myself.  I hope everyone comes home safe and that all of you have a wonderful Christmas.

I'm not upset or insulted.

I actually want to hear your VALID points.
Please stay.. but just provide some links of reliable
information and I'd be happy to chat.

But..  thanks for your support otherwise.  There are other
threads here I'm sure you can contribute to and would be
happy with... so don't just leave.  Stay, read, learn and participate.

Now that's the way to end a discushon, both sides saying OK, you have your view and I have mine and agreeing to disagree, but still on friendly terms.

Dogboy said:
Now that's the way to end a discushon, both sides saying OK, you have your view and I have mine and agreeing to disagree, but still on friendly terms.

Don't worry... the peace won't stay for long.

Yrys said:
Peace in ME must have happen one time I blink!

Actually I think the last time there was peace in the Middle East was around the time that Noah guy built his boat.

Frederik G said:
Actually I think the last time there was peace in the Middle East was around the time that Noah guy built his boat.

.... and there won't be any peace until the next flood comes, or the next 4 or 5 sunrises before 0900!

Cheers,

Wes

Back