• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Underage Drinking Fears (Merged)

Fondle-Otter

Inactive
Reaction score
Well due to a momentary lapse of judgement I was caught drinking underage by the police. I was with 2 other guys, but since we were polite to the police only 1 ticket ended up being given out, and it was to me. I paid it a week after it was given out to me, so it's all taken care of.

I'm through the recruiting process and am just waiting to be merit listed, so my question would be, will this ticket hurt my chances of getting into the forces? Can it hurt me later on, or is this whole thing only hurting my wallet?

I dont think it will a big problem unless you were drinking AND driving.

In fact, drinking underage used to be a prerequisite in the old days...  ;D

Call the person that did your interview and let them know.  Your relability and adherence to rules is slightly questionable but if it is the only thing you have done wrong count yourself lucky.

Alright I guess it sounds like it wont be too much of a problem. Just out of curiosity do you know if this ticket will go on any records of any sort. Or is it that after I paid it the record was just taken off?

No unless you don't pay the ticket or don't show up on the court date.

It's been several weeks since my screening ended, now its up to the final call at Borden to either accept my file or not. But a few areas of concern have been surrounding me the past few days.

I am 17.

On the medical the physicians asst asked me if I drink, being nervous I said yes, he said I'm assuming socially, I replied yes. Now what I actually wanted to say was that I don't even drink, I just drank 2-3 times in the past at parties. I am in no way a social drinker because I have gone 5 months without drinking. Now the higher up's at Borden probably think I'm an underage alcoholic :-\

Should this be something of concern?

Don't worry about it, they know that most people drink by the time they are 17.  As long as they don't think you're an alcoholic, and you don't lie to them, you're fine.

- If you are seventeen and have gone five months without drinking, you are probably one of their healthier candidates. 

- Relax.

You have to relax..I'm pretty sure the majority of 17 year olds drink.

I'm 17 years old and I wrote on the medical form that I drink 3 beers per week and I never heard some bad news about it... They don't really mind. They just want to know if you are an alcoholic. Habitually, they easily know if you are or not. Take it easy.

I suggest a CC and Coke to calm your nerves a bit.

scouthern said:
Let's hope the person who passes final judgment on my file isn't part of MADD or a member of AA  ;D

Don't worry, MADD people dont hate drinking just Drunk Driving*.

Also people in AA should understand the most.

I'm pretty sure they think you are more odd saying that you *Don't* drink. I never drank up until the day I graduated high school, and so the only thing that went on my form was "One glass of champagne" and the sergeant thought I was joking with them. He asked me if that was what I had in the last month, and I told him "No, that's all I've ever had."

So don't fret about it!

HA man do not worry. Underage drinking, while illegal - is of little concern to the military. As long as they know you wouldn't be a alcoholic at RMC or wherever (and get many in poo poo).  Then they will not hold it against you. I too was scared to tell them that I have drank (very similar to you, only a couple times) and I am 18 (although I made it clear that I DON'T drink usually) . He brushed it aside as if it was no concern.

If you have gotten this far, it is something you need not concern yourself with.

Drinking by minors under adult supervision is permitted in licensed premises in the provinces of Manitoba and New Brunswick and at home in Prince Edward Island, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Sask.

So it isn't "illegal" at base. Of course someone who is 19 or 20 buying the booze or using fake id or bribing the delivery person, then drinking it at a party - or just stealing it from your parents supply etc.. is likely "somewhat illegal". Don't be scared at base you drank under the sole limit, as it isn't illegal in most provinces at base.

army08 said:
Drinking by minors under adult supervision is permitted in licensed premises in the provinces of Manitoba and New Brunswick and at home in Prince Edward Island, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Sask.

So it isn't "illegal" at base. Of course someone who is 19 or 20 buying the booze or using fake id or bribing the delivery person, then drinking it at a party - or just stealing it from your parents supply etc.. is likely "somewhat illegal". Don't be scared at base you drank under the sole limit, as it isn't illegal in most provinces at base.

Nova Scotia here, one of the few that it is I suppose.

army08 said:

???

What kind of discombobulated statement is that?  I am positive a Lawyer would be more than happy to set you straight, if he could figure out what exactly you were really saying.  All Bases have establishments that sell alcohol in accordance with the Provincial Laws.  There are NO EXCEPTIONS to the LAW.

army08 said:

You were warned before about making inaccurate posts. I guess your Verbal never hit home. Welcome to C&P...start thinking before you post!

Milnet.Ca Staff

Back