• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unit designation on the slip on

The reason is not the supply system. It is the Engineer Branch who makes the approval for the slip on. I am the RQMS at 33 CER formally 3 FES in Ottawa. I know I have been asking about ares and that is the bottom line on that. So when they approve it then it will go to DHH and they will send out the contract for them.

It should not take long if you as me since they are the ones who came up with changing all the Reserve units to CER's. It is just someone having the approval memo sitting in an in box on there desk!!!!!!!!!!

CHIMO

FEEOP042 said:
The reason is not the supply system. It is the Engineer Branch who makes the approval for the slip on. I am the RQMS at 33 CER formally 3 FES in Ottawa. I know I have been asking about ares and that is the bottom line on that. So when they approve it then it will go to DHH and they will send out the contract for them.

It should not take long if you as me since they are the ones who came up with changing all the Reserve units to CER's. It is just someone having the approval memo sitting in an in box on there desk!!!!!!!!!!

CHIMO

Well yes, once it's officially approved, it then goes via DHH to the Supply Manager (SM) through the Supply system for contracting ... then comes into the Supply system for distribution.

It takes a while. Just like it always does. Like was said below, it won't make it to the Supply system though (ergo no contract or availibility) until it is officially approved.

I have a little knowledge of the changes to the Reserve Engineer units; the MND signed off the MOOs last December.  That was the day the change occurred legally.  The CFOOs have almost caught up (except for a glitch in one that has it being re-drafted even as we speak).

The lack of an overall co-ordinating directive for the process, which would have brought together all the details for the change, is a major failing in the whole process.  In reality, the name change is the easiest part of it... it's working out the DAs, signing authorities, powers of punishment... that make the whole thing difficult.

dapaterson said:
I have a little knowledge of the changes to the Reserve Engineer units; the MND signed off the MOOs last December.  That was the day the change occurred legally.  The CFOOs have almost caught up (except for a glitch in one that has it being re-drafted even as we speak).

The lack of an overall co-ordinating directive for the process, which would have brought together all the details for the change, is a major failing in the whole process.  In reality, the name change is the easiest part of it... it's working out the DAs, signing authorities, powers of punishment... that make the whole thing difficult.

Wouldn't they just "roll over" to the new designation? as it is essentially the same unit.

Nfld Sapper said:
Wouldn't they just "roll over" to the new designation? as it is essentially the same unit.

That's common dog; if we had that, they'd have had their slip-ons ages ago!!  ;)

With the fire of "Manege Militaire" here in Quebec City, everything change, and they are now willing to spend money in that. If you got some others place to get them, please let me know.

The money that is going to be spent on rebuilding the armoury on Grande Allée does not come from the same funding as kit... unit titles.

As stated earlier, I believe you can order your own slip-on titles from CPgear

Back