• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unrest in Haiti, Again

Kenya stepping in where the job was too big for Canada.
Good luck to them, and the Haitians...

I think the pathetic state of the CAF was a godsend WRT that tasking.

It's beginning to look like this may be one of the reasons we now have a new MND....

Soon we'll have our own western based Somalia. Just waiting on the pirates and RPGs. The longer they wait, the better organized and armed the 'opposition' will get.

This is a job for the Clinton Foundation😂
Absolute BS- its in place today and has been for a long while.

Kenya stepping in where the job was too big for Canada.
Bill Hader Reaction GIF

Western Intervention in Haiti like Western Intervention in Africa is a lose - lose situation.

Any action to stabilize those areas with Western Military will result in WHITE soldiers shooting Non White people.
Which is a PR fail no matter the circumstances.

Inaction is equally a PR fail.

Western Intervention in Haiti like Western Intervention in Africa is a lose - lose situation.

Any action to stabilize those areas with Western Military will result in WHITE soldiers shooting Non White people.
Which is a PR fail no matter the circumstances.

Inaction is equally a PR fail.
Agreed.

So essentially - inaction, while being a PR fail, is 'less of a PR fail' than getting involved to stabilize the country, which would result in white professional soldiers shooting non-white people, which would likely be 'more of a PR fail'

Damned if you try to help, damned if you don't.

Maybe Kenya is a good choice to lead whatever UN force ends up there. It won't end up being egg on our face because it won't be Canadian or American flags on the shoulders of the troops that end up shown on the evening news (for the brief 3 second stints of footage that actually get shown)

At the end of the day, Canada has participated in various UN forces that have deployed to Haiti in the past. This isn't the first time the UN will intervene, nor will it be the last...

So maybe next time Haiti. Good luck with your bulls**t until then

Having one of those pre-morning coffee borderline psychotic moments where I was wondering if it would be of benefit for the Domonican Republic to invade/annex Haiti and if anybody outside of there would notice or care...I'm sure if Cuba did, people would notice/care just because it was Cuba, but what about the DR though? :unsure:

Having one of those pre-morning coffee borderline psychotic moments where I was wondering if it would be of benefit for the Domonican Republic to invade/annex Haiti and if anybody outside of there would notice or care...I'm sure if Cuba did, people would notice/care just because it was Cuba, but what about the DR though? :unsure:
Why would they? Other than now owning the entire island, they would be willingly taking on all of the corruption and poverty that currently exists.

We have Canadians who have lost everything and are living in tents. We have run away inflation making it impossible for the middle class to exist. Social medicine isn't, when you can't get timely treatment. We have a despotic government who's intent is to intensify all these problems and more.

We need to take care of our own before we worry about others. We can't improve someone else's lot by bring ourselves down to their level.

Why would they? Other than now owning the entire island, they would be willingly taking on all of the corruption and poverty that currently exists.
The fact that no country appears to be entertaining that idea, should give an indication of the uselessness of such a venture.

Just to say they own the place...and actually have a government actually governing (even if by club and gun). They can then set up some more touristy places in the niceish spots along the north horn.
Are we talking Hispaniola or Vancouver Island?
I said "the island" (Hispaniola), not "The Island" (Vancouver Island) - I'll let you off of that one since you're not from "The Island".

As for Kenya our bn was deployed in Sector South right next to the Kenyans.

Hygiene, discipline, proper accounting of fuel and actually doing their fucking job etc were not high - not at all on the priority list.

Making beaucoup dollars was. A few anecdotes from some of our guys who allegedly witnessed things.

Beaucoup dollars being...bribe money? Bribe money from randomly set up checkpoints? Roads all of a sudden become toll roads?

Or am I reading this all wrong? I thought I saw MAYBE some French in there & got to the above all on my own...but I was born & raised in Alberta and have taken precisely 0 French classes

What are beaucoup dollars...??

Beaucoup dollars being...bribe money? Bribe money from randomly set up checkpoints? Roads all of a sudden become toll roads?

Or am I reading this all wrong? I thought I saw MAYBE some French in there & got to the above all on my own...but I was born & raised in Alberta and have taken precisely 0 French classes

What are beaucoup dollars...??

Many dollars. Selling fuel which the UN bought. Selling cigarettes for well above market value. Selling food etc.

Back