• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

(Update) It's almost time...

McCurdy526

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok guys, it's closing in!

It's March 22nd, and I sent an e-mail to my recruiter of The Grey and Simcoe Foresters a couple days ago telling her that my file is fine, nothing needs to be updated. I have everything all set; I now just have to wait until April 1st to call my recruiter to see if they have any Infantry positions available. If there are, and I am granted a position, then off I go.

I am so excited. it has taken me since July 2009 to get where I am. I am so close. I am hoping there are positions available, let alone hoping that I get selected.

Cheers,
Zach McCurdy - Age 17
Canadian Forces Applicant

Good stuff... glad to hear the excitement. Wish you luck!

I'm just waiting on Ottawa to clear my credit check then hopefully I'm off as-well! Only thing for me that would have changed will be bills being paid!

Only thing for me that would have changed will be bills being paid!
Sounds like you might be in the same kinda boat I am Havoc, I have no concerns about anything regarding my application aside from my crappy credit. The information I've got from the recruiters, the information online, and this site, has put some of my concerns to rest. I have poor credit, and some debts, but I don't have anything ridiculous under my belt (ie. I'm not applying because I need a job, I'm applying because I want THIS job).

I'm super excited about this. I honestly don't think I've looked forward to something this much since I was a kid and it was Christmas Eve... Although I never wished for obstacle courses and running laps for Christmas :p

It's great to hear that others going through the application are also excited about the potential futures we have ahead of ourselves. Congratulations to all those who have made it in, and best of luck to all those waiting to find out. I hope to see some of you in Basic!

I'm happy for you, man. I hope you'll get a position as Infantryman in the Reserves

Good luck

Thanks guys. I sent that e-mail a few days ago, hoping for a fast reply. Well, it's the Army. My recruiter JUST got off of vacation, so I'll have a few days yet until I get an e-mail back regarding an update. As for April 1st, I am going to call  my recruiter asking if there are any Infantry positions. And if there are, I will ask if I can get a spot on the list. Hopefully I am selected.

Cheers,
Zachary McCurdy, Age 17

McCurdy526 said:
Thanks guys. I sent that e-mail a few days ago, hoping for a fast reply. Well, it's the Army. My recruiter JUST got off of vacation, so I'll have a few days yet until I get an e-mail back regarding an update. As for April 1st, I am going to call  my recruiter asking if there are any Infantry positions. And if there are, I will ask if I can get a spot on the list. Hopefully I am selected.

Cheers,
Zachary McCurdy, Age 17

They have already got the Quota list and April first is when they start making the calls for job offers. I called today and asked my status, so instead of waiting for the email, just call and ask. If you merited high, then you are likely on the quota list for offers. Don't get too excited though as BMQ is filled up till August, so earliest Infantry can go is in 5 months time (I was sad to here, I want to get the ball rolling dammit!).

Hope you get good news like I did!

McCurdy526 said:

Cheers,
Zachary McCurdy, Age 17

We had low numbers for the Co-op this year, mainly due to budget cuts, so that might be good news for you.  But, I can't tell you how many others there are trying to get it in.  However, new budget come April.  Good luck to you and maybe I will see you at my counter some time soon.

Thanks guys. I am going to call CFRC Barrie tomorrow to see if I am 'merit listed'. If I am, or if I am merited high, then my hopes will go higher than they are now. If CFRC Barrie lets me know anything I haven't already, then it may be my time to shine to get in with the Grey and Simcoe Foresters!

Cheers,
Zachary McCurdy, Age 17
Canadian Forces Applicant (G&SF)

Back