• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

uptight and hungry ? Normal?

brandon_

Inactive
Reaction score
alright well to start things off, im a bit over weight. well i have been running training all day everyday doing pushs up and situps whenever i get a chance. i have lost 6 pounds in 3 days, i eat healthy but today i jogged/ran 45 min 3-4 km maybe even 5 i don't know. But anyways i feel so tired, sorta hungry all the time, very tight, i just want to drop dead and sleep. im doing the medical and all that stuff september 11th so i have 4 weeks to get ready for it. any help or tips to avoid being tired and hungry and so uptight? thanks in advance. :salute: :cdn:

But anyways i feel so tired, sorta hungry all the time, very tight, i just want to drop dead and sleep. [/quote]

Brandon_

Don't worry, once training gets going, (even in early stages like BMQ/SQ) you will be hungry/tired/tight. all the time....but there will be lots of other factors to worry about that will take precedence over those ones.
You will be given the training necessary to (essentially) ignore hungry/tired, and focus on the task at hand. If you keep at it, you and your body will adjust.

HS

Stop trying to do everything at once...you are bitting off too big a chunk at a time. Better to break it down into 2 -3 shorter periods a day to allow your body to accustom itself to what you are demanding of it.....You keep up what you are doing you will injure yourself and will not be going on Sept 11.

Read the threads on getting ready that are on here....there's some fantastic info there!!

Alright thanks a lot guys. I guess your right about the 11th she just mentioned that i would be around the 11th ( having to fly people down from bigger city's to test)  but know that i think about the 11th would not be a likely day

FWIW..this is just my opinion...loosing 6 lbs in 3 days isn't good.  You are trying to loose excess bodyfat, right?  I would bet my left arm you did NOT loose close to 1/2 lb of BF in 3 days.

Spend some time reading about healthy weight loss, etc.

Your metabolism and stuff like that are changing as your lifestyle does.  It takes time to burn off those extra calories you've stored up.

popnfresh said:
"A few drinks might help with the uptight feeling..."
ahha i wish. Still a little too young. ( 16 turning 17)

Eye in the sky- I know it seems very unlikely but that is what the scale told me i have been looking at it a lot. Yes i am trying to loose excess body fat and tips would be lovely ? :)( i was going to say something else but i forgot)  but  thanks again guys for all the help.

You may have lost 6 lbs, but it was NOT all body fat...probably lots of water weight.

keep at it!

well yeah i guess i didt mean it like 6lbs of straight bodyfat.

thanks alot  :salute: i have improved alot in the past couple weeks i started training/

brandon_ said:
well yeah i guess i didt mean it like 6lbs of straight bodyfat.

thanks alot  :salute: i have improved alot in the past couple weeks i started training/

Brandon_, for what my 2 cents is worth....
I moved to Nova Scotia a 310lb juggernaut....I smoked over a pack a day, drank 
WAY TOO much, ate @ only the finest restaurants (read as: Wendys triple, side salad, BIG coke.) every single day.

But, (as like it sounds like you're doing..), I wised up.
Smaller portions (painful)
Less redmeats, more greenleaves (more painful)
Exercise (even more painful)

After ~8months, I was a 220lb fightin' machine! I joined up.
I went to BMQ (basic) in the best shape of my 26 yrs....and it was great(ish)
(BMQ is gonna suck, no matter how you package it) :)

But if you take small bites, (as wisely suggested), you will be more than ready.

HS

hammer sandwich-
You Really wised up! Good for you.
i Was eating burger king like a whopper everyday. ( very unhealthy) I now eat nothing but fruit veges and other healthy food, ( etc etc) 
But since i went to the recruiting center i realized how outta shape i was and how screwed i was. I have wanted to be in the army ( infantry or medic my entire life since i was about 6.) but anyways i am glad i started getting my priorities straight before i was too old.

brandon_ said:
lad i started getting my priorities straight before i was too old.

Man! (if I may call you that), You got time on your body, and mentally...and if you have the stones for it, there is no way to fail!!!!!!!
(disclaimer: you may not qualify for the trade you feel you are suited for)

I went through the whole deal, got all my p-work in order, was in super-good shape, the whole crew-cut , big pecs, tight t-shirt deal....(whoopity-de-doo!..cue the parade!!!!)...once I got in......I didn't qual...(vision).. :eek:
but...I still wanted to serve, so I took a trade offered as a "red trade"...(keep in mind every job offered by the CF is a privelege), and learned more in my admittedly short time than most of my university friends learned in years of "scholastic acheivement.")

Plus, I learned how to poop in a bag......it's hard, unless your bum is reeeeealy small.
(I kid)

Dude...you can do it.
It will burn your butt, and test your nerves, but IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!!!

Hey I have been trying to exact opposite - trying to gain weight. It seems impossible - I feel hungry, I go to eat, then suddenly I don't have the appetite! Its really frustrating :crybaby:. As for yourself, make sure to eat a good breakfast, it will give you the energy you need after those morning jogs. I suggest a 2.4km run early morning, and once again during the late evening. Increase it by 10% every week - time yourself properly. Read about heart rate and running - you need to put your heart rate at a level where your running will significantly help burn those calories. If you do a 3 km in lets say 40 minutes, that won't do you a lot of good - you might as well walk at that pace. I find that timing is important to help burn those calories. Also, keep a log of what you do everyday - it really helps to see those improvements after a month of training.  :2c:

There is no need for this topic to be locked (IMO) as long as it offers current information on topic, and off topic, references the correct one.

I need to lose weight as well and am finding the same challenges that the Op has mentioned. I am eight days into my diet and have broken it once due to a medical appointment. As I get better at my schedule, I aim to not make those excuses.

This thread can be motivating in the simple search, where people can find answers to lose weight, IMHO.
The title of the thread could be "Diet, Hungry, Normal" with respect to Milnet's search's

ETS,

I made my post in response to brandon_on's post

brandon_ said:
Thats good to hear. Before this gets locked i just wanted to say thanks for helping.  :salute:

It drives me nuts being hungry all of the time, especially during period of low income. All the money I would have saved if it was not for the crazy metabolism...

I have a mini-mars bar can I trade those calories ?? , That is not fair to ask. But dang it is that hard to say no.

Back