• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Urgent request - Departing LO - CF Infantryman Statue/Toy

TimBit

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok. Help please for an urgent request from NDHQ. A foreign integree is departing a posting here and a colleague is looking for a statue/toy/model of a CF soldier, presumably more along the infantry type thing. Said person was inspired in large parts by the SOF statue that those of you who dwell here will see on the main concourse every morning.

Any idea ???

Many thanks!

All requests from NDHQ are urgent -- responses from NDHQ less so. Fortunately, I'm not from NDHQ  ;)

Try CANEX, or the War Museum gift shop

All requests from NDHQ are urgent

But of course! Why do you think the rest of the military exists?!?  :p

Will look at those. Any more ideas are welcome.

...or the War Museum gift shop

yes, it's just too bad there isn't more specific Canadian content (at least online)

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/cyberboutique/the-Collectibles-scln--scln--cln-20th-century/Categories

yes, it's just too bad there isn't more specific Canadian content (at least online)

Agreed... why the hell would I want a model of Cpl Hitler doing the trench-war thing?

exactly..or the Kaiser,  or his "Aide de Champ" (sic) or some SS artillerymen ::)

though I do see there are Allies...some "Tommies" and a "Ranger calling for backup"

did the google thing and did find some Canucks ;D

http://www.toysoldiers.com/products-soldiers/images/kingandcountry/dd112.jpg

I was down in Ft. Benning back in Sept and stopped by a truly amazing shop:  The Soldier's Place.  They specialize in customized 1/6th scale 'toy soldiers', but provide a custom service whereby the customer can submit photos of themself all kitted up, and they'll recreate you down to the minute detail in 1/6th scale.

I asked them about Canadian versions, and the owner said that if there was enough interest, he'd be willing to do a line.

Their website is:  www.thesoldiersplace.com

Definitely worth contacting them.

Matt_Fisher said:
I was down in Ft. Benning back in Sept and stopped by a truly amazing shop:  The Soldier's Place.  They specialize in customized 1/6th scale 'toy soldiers', but provide a custom service whereby the customer can submit photos of themself all kitted up, and they'll recreate you down to the minute detail in 1/6th scale.

I asked them about Canadian versions, and the owner said that if there was enough interest, he'd be willing to do a line.

Their website is:  www.thesoldiersplace.com

Definitely worth contacting them.
I just checked the sight and went to the custom section  :eek: I'm in awe. I had no idea someone could make that in small quantities.

Back