• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
PMedMoe said:
And NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/live-blog/2020-11-10-biden-harris-transition-n1247204

And The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/10/us/joe-biden-trump

And the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54845979

And The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/07/joe-biden-wins-us-election-donald-trump-loses-final-result-2020

And NPR: https://www.npr.org/2020/11/07/928803493/biden-wins-presidency-according-to-ap-edging-trump-in-turbulent-race

And ABC: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-biden-apparent-winner-presidency/story?id=73981165

I could go on....    ::)

All this shows is the majority of the MSM prematurely called an election that remains undecided at this point in time.  Have we not learned anything about the MSM over the last 5 years?   

Remius said:
You won't recall anything about the impeachment trial because I've stated that it was a witch hunt that would lead nowhere and when the report came out that it was time to move on.

I stayed out of the Flynn thing as well.  Only that he was indicted for lying.

Stop projecting QV.

NONE of that is the same as attacking the democratic process. 

Trump launches legal court challenges = attacking democracy!

Right.  LOL

QV said:
Trump launches legal court challenges = attacking democracy!

Right.  LOL

No, refusing to begin the transition process, accept the results, frivolous lawsuits with no real evidence in only certain areas and weaponizing the DOJ to stall his loss is exactly that.

The fact that even Fox refuses to listen to their claims should be a good indication.

How many world leaders have called to congratulate him?  Any?

Right.

"People should know when they're beaten."
Quintus.  Gladiator.

It is trivially ordinary to refuse to accept results one is challenging.  For the same reason, delaying the transition process is not unreasonable.

There are many trivial lawsuits being levied; I suppose that while media attention is focused on those in order to deprecate the public perception of the situation, the serious players are concerned what might be found where mathematical anomalies raise flags, and how many votes in PA will be invalidated if the SSC decision to extend the acceptance window for mailed votes is thrown out.

The DOJ has not been weaponized.  The substance of what happened is that prosecutors have authority to proceed, subject to guidelines in the memo, without the blessing of Pilger or anyone else in the ECB.

Democratic process is not under attack.  Democratic processes are being used.  Where lawful discretion exists, it is being exercised.

Remius said:
No, refusing to begin the transition process, accept the results, frivolous lawsuits with no real evidence in only certain areas and weaponizing the DOJ to stall his loss is exactly that.

The fact that even Fox refuses to listen to their claims should be a good indication.

Right.

Quintus.  Gladiator.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

Voltaire

QV said:
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

Voltaire

I have a friend who is confused. Have you just become an anti-Trumper?

Just asking  ... you know ... for the friend.

;)

Biden still looks to have a better than even chance at clearing 300. But a poor showing in the House and a slim Republican majority in the Senate. So I'm sure American politics will remain as contentious and interesting as they have been. There might have been some improvements in state vs nationwide polls but it's clear that polls continue to underestimate "conservative" support and I would suggest that this in not only an issue in American politics but happens up here too. There will be a large entertainment factor for the next 2 months or so that is for sure

QV said:
All this shows is the majority of the MSM prematurely called an election that remains undecided at this point in time.  Have we not learned anything about the MSM over the last 5 years? 
Just a question - where do you get all your information from? Knowing as you do how the MSM (Fox News has the largest share of the viewing audience; by rights that makes them the most mainstream of all) is untruthful, can you direct me to where you get the REAL facts?

QV said:

It's almost as if calling an election was not the same as certifying it.
Could there be a difference between the two, I wonder?
I wonder if there is a organization seperate from news organizations that certifies election results?

You make it sound as though the media should just show one still image of the certified election results after all is said and done?
Ridiculous.

That might not be a bad idea.  The only people who "need" unfolding election coverage while the results are counted are the media - ratings, ad revenues.  The show starts early in the day with speculation; speculation accompanies exit polls; slightly less wild speculation continues as the results roll in.  Nothing definitive, nothing useful, except the same way a gladiator contest is useful.

Remius said:

Right.

Quintus.  Gladiator.

Following are all legit questions.
So, even before all the ballots are counted and some states are near even and can flip either way, he's supposed to concede?
With hundreds of affidavits, which are eye witness statements, alleging illegalities. Some of which were shown on TV, proof of counting machine malfunction actually flipping votes. Given all that, should Trump not be afforded his due process to legal recourse?
Lastly,  could you point me to something that proves Trump weaponized the DOJ to stall, what, exactly?

My opinion on Fox, it is calculated to to curry favour with their new masters. The thousands that are continuing to walk away. They believe they were betrayed. Perhaps the democrats as some of their own have,stated, anyone connected to Trump will become a non-person. Maybe Fox doesn't  want to be seen as being on the side of, the soon to be, shunned. Again, my opinion, I haven't dealt with Fox since election night. I really don't know if there's  media out there I trust anymore.

Calls of congrats? I don't think there's as many as people expect. China even stated they would not interfere in the election by congratulating Biden prematurely before it is actually official. Pretty sure I heard a lot of countries are following suit for that same reason. Again, just an opinion.

I'm trying to stand back from this and watch it unfold without leaning. Probably won't work, but that's where I'm shooting for. Already learned some pretty neat stuff, digging around for legalities and history of the US system.

Everything that happens before the electoral college decides official who to vote for is a sideshow, amusing but largely not of great importance. If trump wants to stall, it's petty, but whatever.

The only thing that matters is that Biden is president on January 20th

The President is making some big allegations about election fraud involving Dominion.  He states Dominion deleted 2.7 million Trump votes nationwide, and also switched or deleted hundreds of thousands of his votes.

Now... before the usual players all jump on me, I understand Trump is eccentric to say the least and this statement he has made is going to need irrefutable proof.  But consider my observations:

1.  He's been right on everything so far;
2.  It's not really a stretch to believe the people that brought you the Russia collusion hoax etc wouldn't be involved in something like this;
3.  I doubt he'd go on the record and say this unless he has been extensively back briefed by many others on the details;
4.  People in the DOJ, FBI, CIA, have all done some pretty discreditable things the last 5 years, are we to really believe the elections would be scandal free;
5.  The pollsters and media so obviously skewed polls ahead of the election, showing a blue wave pending;
6.  After the election, the media leapt prematurely to declare a Biden victory;
7.  Allegations of prominent Democrats owning large shares of the company Dominion;
8.  "Glitches" all swing to Biden;
9.  Dead people all vote for Biden;
10.  If Trump is a nazi, as the left/media has stated endlessly, it would be a noble thing for any Democrat to do anything to stop "Hitler", so election fraud isn't a stretch;
11.  And finally, there are a lot of really smart people (MIT type people like Dr Shiva) running numbers and they don't add up.

There is a lot to look at.  If this is true, what a disaster.  If this is true, the fourth estate is the worst offender in all of this. 

If true, what are the implications for Canada where this system is also used (how the hell did Trudeau win last time after all he'd been connected with)?

I will say I do find it amazing how the democrats managed to rig the presidential election but forgot all about the senate and the house races.

Altair said:
I will say I do find it amazing how the democrats managed to rig the presidential election but forgot all about the senate and the house races.

Is it possible? 

QV said:
Is it possible?
Is it possible that the democrats somehow had hundreds of thousands of ballots filled out for Biden but somehow those same ballots had republican senate and house candidates filled out instead of democrat senate and house candidates?

Highly unlikely, especially after spending hundred of millions on those senate races.

Altair said:
Is it possible that the democrats somehow had hundreds of thousands of ballots filled out for Biden but somehow those same ballots had republican senate and house candidates filled out instead of democrat senate and house candidates?

Highly unlikely, especially after spending hundred of millions on those senate races.

We know election fraud can be committed.  But is it possible election fraud can be committed that could change the outcome? 

I'm not asking about how it occurred, or to what detail.  I am just asking if it's possible.

QV said:
We know election fraud can be committed.  But is it possible election fraud can be committed that could change the outcome? 

I'm not asking about how it occurred, or to what detail.  I am just asking if it's possible.
Is it possible? I don't think so. Trump said there was election fraud in 2016, launched an investigation of it.

Nothing came of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back