• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Am I the asshole for thinking that Kamela’s speech was fairly pedestrian? My GF gave me the stink eye for not being all Ga Ga about her.
I guess I’m just so jaded about all politicians that I believe about a third of the crap that comes out of their mouths.

Am I the asshole for thinking that Kamela’s speech was fairly pedestrian? My GF gave me the stink eye for not being all Ga Ga about her.
I guess I’m just so jaded about all politicians that I believe about a third of the crap that comes out of their mouths.
That's still 33% more than what you can believe coming out of Trump's mouth.

That's still 33% more than what you can believe coming out of Trump's mouth.
True, except this morning he said that Kamela had 3 years to do all the stuff she said last night, so why aren't these promises delivered?

Yes I know she's just the VP and that the Trumpian GOP did everything in their power to limit POTUS aspirations. But within all the absolute Horse Shit that comes out of Donald's mouth, a wee bit of truth pops up (although even that is drowned out by the lies)

He must be given credit for his most important achievement; refusing to reject the electoral college votes on Jan 6.
I should have been clearer…credited, especially by his own boss and/or GOP. Agree that individually, he was standup guy when Constitutional respect is involved.

The general point is that I can think of no VP that has ever been highlighted as being a big player in a Nation’s destiny

Nope. There was nothing in her speech that warrants any surprise. Long on fluff, almost nothing on policy.

A third? My, you're a generous soul.

True, except this morning he said that Kamela had 3 years to do all the stuff she said last night, so why aren't these promises delivered?

Yes I know she's just the VP and that the Trumpian GOP did everything in their power to limit POTUS aspirations. But within all the absolute Horse Shit that comes out of Donald's mouth, a wee bit of truth pops up (although even that is drowned out by the lies)
C'mon, they all lie through their teeth. It's disingenuous to say 'this one lies alot, but this one lies just slightly less.'

The general point is that I can think of no VP that has ever been highlighted as being a big player in a Nation’s destiny
Usually that is the case however I give you Harry S Truman who was elevated to the Presidency when FDR died.

FDR didn't tell him about the Manhattan Project.

You weren’t going to like any speech by anyone at the DNC. That speech wasn’t aiming for you or the audience you find yourself in.
None of what's going on there is aimed at anyone here*, including any audience you find yourself in.

* - except for a couple we know here.

Everyone has the right to opinion and association. You don't have to agree with it, but there it is.

You weren’t going to like any speech by anyone at the DNC. That speech wasn’t aiming for you or the audience you find yourself in.

That’s true. I can find plenty of stuff on the internet on why trump is bad, I don’t need to listen to 4 days of speeches.

That’s exactly it. They are trying to bring back apathetic Dem voters and moderates and disillusioned republicans who weren’t enamoured with Biden. They aren’t trying to please maga or convince them.

They wanted to energize their base and judging by the fundraising and volunteers stepping up it seems they have.

Back