• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

None of what's going on there is aimed at anyone here*, including any audience you find yourself in.

* - except for a couple we know here.

Everyone has the right to opinion and association. You don't have to agree with it, but there it is.
Exactly my point. My audience is more or less ambivalent. I’m no fan of Trump. Harris is is not the best choice either but my feeling is she’s better than Trump. Whoever wins, I won’t really shed a tear one way or another.

But I stand by my point that it didn’t matter who gave a speech. Good or bad, one side here will always say it’s bad.

There were some excellent speakers that did well. I doubt Quircks or you would give them any credit though. Just a fact.

Speculation is over.

RFK Jr. to Endorse Donald Trump for President​

RFK speaks live

Worst kept secret this week.

Now to see how much of that translates to real support or changes the news cycle.

Speculation is over.

RFK speaks live

Some say he could already be in line for a future Trump presidency job, too :)

Exactly my point. My audience is more or less ambivalent. I’m no fan of Trump. Harris is is not the best choice either but my feeling is she’s better than Trump. Whoever wins, I won’t really shed a tear one way or another.

But I stand by my point that it didn’t matter who gave a speech. Good or bad, one side here will always say it’s bad.

There were some excellent speakers that did well. I doubt Quircks or you would give them any credit though. Just a fact.
How much of it did you actually watch?
I watched for 2-4 hours a day.
You doubt wrong. Its not a fact. Don't assume my stance on individual speakers. The biggest mistake you guys make is assuming you know anything about me and that I fit your pigeon hole.
There were some good orators. And there was horrendously horrible ones.The problem for me was for four days, there was no substantial policy talk. I kept waiting for someone substantial to say something, but they didn't.They mentioned Trump approx 300 times. Immigration, economy, inflation, etc were in the single digits or teens,for times mentioned.
It was a Kamala lovefest/Trump slam fest. The lies told at the DNC could've rivaled any Trump speech. The vinegar and vindiciveness drove the convention. Just one week prior to the coup, Harris was polling in the single digits. Everyone wanted her off the ticket and assigned to the wasteland. They thought she was the worst. After Joe was finally exposed at the debate, they knew he couldn't do it. Harris was able to take his delegates and warchest, so they switched gears and elevated her to Joan of Arc. Cut it any way you want, it was disingenuous and hypocritical and proves she's just a puppet. She can't think on her feet or speak,without a teleprompter.
I won't say that their strategic use of popular entertainers, to keep people there, was a stoke of genius, but it was a pretty effective ploy. Floating a rumour that Beyonce and Swift were coming at the end kept a lot of people there for Kamala's speech.

The best part was Harris. It was worth waiting for, to see her attempt her best Obama oratory style, voice and practices. She spent two days away from the rally to prepare to deliver it. She was horrible at it.

Speculation is over.

RFK speaks live

He looks like he's trying to sell you a bridge.

Which is consistent with being a Kennedy.

Speculation is over.

RFK speaks live

RFK Jr.'s endorsement means very little to the campaign over all. He was never going to win over centralist Republicans and offered very little outside conspiracy theories. Now that he's whole hog into the MAGA camp, I can see his career in politics disintegrating when the GOP balances itself out, post-Trumpism.

Worth noting that he tried to sell his support to Harris for a cabinet post first, and she wouldn’t talk with him. He settled for Trump after the Dems rejected him. Not the most compelling endorsement ever.

That’s exactly it. They are trying to bring back apathetic Dem voters and moderates and disillusioned republicans who weren’t enamoured with Biden. They aren’t trying to please maga or convince them.

They wanted to energize their base and judging by the fundraising and volunteers stepping up it seems they have.
Not only have they stolen the wind out of the sails of the Trump campaign, but the Dems have even stolen traditionally conservative positions and talking points. They took the position of champions of the military and spoke of their solemn duty to honour veterans. The extoled the importance of small businesses. Most significantly, they boldly claimed the mantle of patriotism, positioning themselves as the true defenders of the nation, overtaking the traditional Republican stance.

Contrary to the soothsayers here, the race is far from over. What is over, is her honeymoon. There is also 74 days left. I shouldn't have to tell anyone what that means. There will be gnashing of teeth and likely some heated exchanges, pointing at polls and quoting talking heads, who really know nothing more than anyone else. Anyone trying to sell their choice as a done deal is only fooling themselves.

There's no doubt there will be a spot for him. We'll just have to wait until Trump announces his appointments. Politics and drama aside, he's smart, personable and has a diverse background. He's a lawyer, a champion of the enviroment, the poor and minorities. He has fought worldwide for international and Indigenous rights. He likely won't get an environmental role, or he might. Remains to be seen. What I'm pretty sure of is that if he has dealings with democrats, he'll be more sporting and forgiving, than they have been or will be towards him.

Contrary to the soothsayers here, the race is far from over. What is over, is her honeymoon. There is also 74 days left. I shouldn't have to tell anyone what that means. There will be gnashing of teeth and likely some heated exchanges, pointing at polls and quoting talking heads, who really know nothing more than anyone else. Anyone trying to sell their choice as a done deal is only fooling themselves.
And who has? This is likely going to be an error in margin election. Which was far from that when Biden was the candidate.

There's no doubt there will be a spot for him. We'll just have to wait until Trump announces his appointments. Politics and drama aside, he's smart, personable and has a diverse background. He's a lawyer, a champion of the enviroment, the poor and minorities. He has fought worldwide for international and Indigenous rights. He likely won't get an environmental role, or he might. Remains to be seen. What I'm pretty sure of is that if he has dealings with democrats, he'll be more sporting and forgiving, than they have been or will be towards him.
You say this like a trump victory is a done deal ;)

Speculation is over.

RFK speaks live

Much to the chagrin of the family, it appears ...

Much to the chagrin of the family, it appears ...
Isn't this the same bunch that kicked him around during the last year? The same bunch who refused to support that run? While I can't say for sure, I'm guessing he hasn't been on the Thanksgiving invites for awhile.

Back