• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

As a Canadian, if I could vote I would not vote for Trump because of the implications for Ukraine and the wider issue that causes. If the US pulls its support, there won’t be any incentive to commit as far as Canada is concerned, giving Canada yet another excuse to not spend on defence.

Committing in Ukraine and shaming us seems to be working but time will tell.

Interesting that we both want to see Canada increase defence spending/capability, but you think Harris could achieve that where I think Trump would more likely do so.

Harris will just be Obama v3.
So, the last admin where the world writ large thought the US had it still “together”. As in, the divisions weren’t so apparent.

I fail to see the problem here.

Interesting that we both want to see Canada increase defence spending/capability, but you think Harris could achieve that where I think Trump would more likely do so.
Canada could increase defence spending in step with the US under a Harris admin. Canada would increase defence spending because of the US in a Trump admin.

I think most CAF members want to see that.

But I don’t feel that isolationism and trying to placate Putin the way Trump wants to do will encourage Canada to spend more. What would be the point if we aren’t going to seriously try and deter Putin.

And if Putin isn’t a threat then why spend on defence at all.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Back