• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs ??? - Vote Hard with a Vengence

They should be talking communism and marxism instead. Those are two words that get hackles up in the US.

Shit, Trudeau, Biden,  and Harris are Marxists? And not mostly just fiscal neoliberals with progressive social stances? Who knew it would take until the 2020s for Marx to finally score his big win?

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be absolutely bananas if true. I’m skeptical.
Bush has been pretty good about following the unwritten rule of retired POTUS staying out of current politics.

It's more likely Lemon trying to stay visible. He's been hit pretty hard lately.

That would be absolutely bananas if true. I’m skeptical.

The only thing that would be more bananas would be if Dick Cheney appeared with Bush. However . . .

The only thing that would be more bananas would be if Dick Cheney appeared with Bush. However . . .

Sounds like Don is taking lessons from Geraldo.

dammit!

If someone endorses someone else, what’s the odds that 100% of their supporters vote that way?

The reason why RFK is even a candidate is because some folks said “I don’t like either of these main choices”. While yes, most of his views are closer to the GOP, his stance on the environment is even farther left than the Dems. So, I can’t the folks who supported him bc of his environmental views voting GOP all of a sudden.

How times have changed.

Kennedy 1961
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."

Kennedy 2024
And so, what cabinet post will you give me if I drop out of the race and endorse you?

It appears the most used word at the DNC was 'Trump'. Almost 150 times on Day One alone. Not economy, not immigration, not policy. Trump held a lot of real-estate at the DNC.
And, of course, the Orange Guy talks about nothing except his platform. No slagging, no baiting, no bluster, no personal attacks. Just the high road.

Did he speak at the last three conventions?
Last one was 2008. He endorsed McCain.

in 2012 he stayed away to avoid Romney being linked to him. He still endorsed him though.

Who is Bush endorsing right now?

That’s all it takes from him. No endorsement is enough of a message.

Seeing as George W Bush is the only former Republican president alive (other than Trump), his absence speaks volumes.

He has called Trumpism a blight on the Republican party and was disgusted with 6 Jan 21 occuring with no outcry from members of the GOP. To see him give Trump an endorsement would be a complete shock to me.

What's more shocking is that a man who was considered one of the dumbest men to hold office in the early 00s is now viewed as Seneca in comparison to what the GOP is offering as a presidential candidate.

What's more shocking is that a man who was considered one of the dumbest men to hold office in the early 00s is now viewed as Seneca in comparison to what the GOP is offering as a presidential candidate.
I think Dubya was smarter than his critics gave him credit for. The "aw shucks" manner and gaffes he made (Austria vs Australia) gave comics lots of material.

Back