• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Using the Army to sink ships?

Did this facility get built? 
Is it still standing?
Have the RCA considered playing with it to see whether or not the same architecture can accommodate some of the kit they are considering?

Yes,
Yes.

BUT.

The LBTS was assembled in Dartmouth, and was used to validate and test the operational software, with the eventual understanding/plan being that it would be shut down and moved to Halifax for installation at the Pullen Building.

I haven't been in the Pullen Building much since this whole move was in progress....so I'm not sure how that's going.

As for getting access to it....well...the RCN was supposed to be going to multiple shifts per day to stagger the access to the systems.  Techs, Operators, and developers all need a chance to play with it.

NS

The Lockheed facility has had the various antennae removed for some months so one assumes the equipment has been relocated to the Pullen Building or elsewhere within Stadacona.

Thanks to both for the info.

I can understand the need for the facility as a training fixture and why it might be getting a lot of use. 

But

I still think it could also serve as an interesting experimental facility as well, or at least, as the basis of an experimental facility.

And I know people react to the word "play" but I use it advisedly.  Its all very well to see if a thing does what it is supposed to do but it can also be instructive to see what else might happen when doing things it's not supposed to do. 

I would like to see what would happen if you plugged in the RCA's MRR radar and perhaps a NASAMS launcher and  a pair of Millenium guns.

Back