• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Strange I submitted a claim 21 March 2019 it showed up about 3 1/2 weeks later at step 2 however VAC has all my medical info there's nothing for then to request document wise.

Fishbone Jones said:
Looking for some info guys.

Osteoarthritis.

I have roughly nine or ten different locations. I can file for each individually, or use their 5 and more application.
Anybody have to decide this before?  Any idea if it makes a difference which one is used?

Cheers

Prepare for a hard fight with this, hopefully it clearly states in your medical records of a history. I am still fighting with them on mine, as the medical records in french state one thing, and in english its another.

Submitted a claim for APSC on 1st of April, and it's still in "Step 1". Nice to see VA is letting it age appropriately on someone's desk...

Teager said:
Strange I submitted a claim 21 March 2019 it showed up about 3 1/2 weeks later at step 2 however VAC has all my medical info there's nothing for then to request document wise.
I submitted a claim in Feb 2019, three weeks later, it is at stage 3! The only thing I did was that supplied my own medical information ( I asked Med Records for copies) with the application . However, saying that, I have another application at stage 3 at 50 weeks now.

They are on Oct 17 claims according to correspondence received yesterday.

I got a claim sitting at Stage 1 since December.... That means the clock didn't even start and it's been over 4 months....

For Reassessments, I was told by VAC today via phone, they are working on April 2018, apparently the VAC site indicates the reassessments are at 15 weeks!!

Mediman14 said:
For Reassessments, I was told by VAC today via phone, they are working on April 2018, apparently the VAC site indicates the reassessments are at 15 weeks!!

There must be a bug in their system that substitutes 'weeks' for 'months'. I mean... There is no way VAC would lie to use, right guys?😂

So, last anyone heard they were working on files from October of 2017. Do we think they are catching up or falling further behind?

The 'Wait time' tool seems to indicate that they are catching up, but there is absolutely no way that tool is accurate.

kalobis said:
So, last anyone heard they were working on files from October of 2017. Do we think they are catching up or falling further behind?

The 'Wait time' tool seems to indicate that they are catching up, but there is absolutely no way that tool is accurate.

Based on what research I have been able to do, they have steadily been falling behind. I sent a letter to my MP a few weeks back, regarding the inability of VAC to complete files in a timely manner. In it I mentioned the fact that my 60 week file is still 20 weeks away from being looked at. There is is no way the average time is 36 weeks (or what ever) if they are working on files in sequential order by date. if they are working on Oct 17, then the wait is in the neighborhood of 80 weeks. Either they are lying about the average, the files they are working on or the order in which they complete them. All three of those facts can't be true at the same time.

The Correspondence I received today as of 1415, VAC is working on May 2018 claims for reassessments. I asked the VAC representive if the Wait times are accurate, according to the VAC representive they are. I asked her how they are getting the time lines if they are working on May 2018 files. "No response". 
  I further asked when should I apply for the Rehab program and the career impact allowance if I will be released in Sept. The response was early Oct. Does this sound right?

Mediman14 said:
The Correspondence I received today as of 1415, VAC is working on May 2018 claims for reassessments. I asked the VAC representive if the Wait times are accurate, according to the VAC representive they are. I asked her how they are getting the time lines if they are working on May 2018 files. "No response". 
  I further asked when should I apply for the Rehab program and the career impact allowance if I will be released in Sept. The response was early Oct. Does this sound right?

You can apply for it the day your no longer in the CAF. With how long things take no sense in waiting.

Mediman14 said:
I asked the VAC representive if the Wait times are accurate, according to the VAC representive they are. I asked her how they are getting the time lines if they are working on May 2018 files. "No response".

I wonder if anyone has brought this up with the Ombudsman? There is a lot that he has no influence over but this seems like something he could get fixed. I know it looks bad when they show a year plus as an average wait time but, if its the truth, just let us know so we stop bugging you. I ask every month and I always get the same answer. They claim a 36 week(ish) average in the same message they are telling me they are working on files from 15 months ago.

So, in April 2019 they mentioned they are working on claims from October 2017. in June 2019, they say the exact same thing, they are working on claims from Oct 2017. Not too sure regarding the accuracy of the information they are telling us...

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

I got two secure messages about 4 months apart that state they're working on July/August 2018...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

It is possible that with the roll out of the PFL and all the changes that took place 1 Apr 19 as well as new software, etc. they had to stop working on everything in order to get training done.

I mean, clearly that is not ideal, but its a possibility.

kalobis said:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

That is usually my default response but at this point they are saying too many conflicting things, often in the same email. They claim an average time of
36 weeks yet will tell you that they process claims chronologically and they are 60 weeks behind. Both of those things can't be true.

Tcm621 said:
That is usually my default response but at this point they are saying too many conflicting things, often in the same email. They claim an average time of
36 weeks yet will tell you that they process claims chronologically and they are 60 weeks behind. Both of those things can't be true.
Isn't the wait time just an average of how long it took to process all claims in the past 12 months?

meni0n said:
Isn't the wait time just an average of how long it took to process all claims in the past 12 months?

Sure but accord to VAC are working on files from 2017 still and they are done in order of arrival. They can't have an average of 36 weeks if they are working on files from 80 weeks ago.

Back